• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021 into 2022 OFFSEASON News and Notes

RandomFan

• Premium Member

Hawks fans survey. How many of you Squawkers voted?

Let’s get to your responses.

Question 1

Screen-Shot-2021-09-13-at-10.11.12-AM.pn

Question 2

Screen-Shot-2021-09-13-at-10.35.01-AM.pn

Question 3

Screen-Shot-2021-09-13-at-10.38.43-AM.pn

Question 4

Screen-Shot-2021-09-13-at-11.49.16-AM.pn

Question 5

Screen-Shot-2021-09-13-at-10.44.24-AM.pn

Most surprising responses:

Question 6

Screen-Shot-2021-09-13-at-10.52.48-AM.pn

Question 7

Screen-Shot-2021-09-13-at-10.58.29-AM.pn

All love for Schlenk, Nate and Ressler.

Question 12

Screen-Shot-2021-09-13-at-11.41.45-AM.pn

Question 13

Screen-Shot-2021-09-13-at-11.44.36-AM.pn

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hawks fans survey. How many of you Squawkers voted?

Let’s get to your responses.

Question 1

Screen-Shot-2021-09-13-at-10.11.12-AM.pn

Question 2

Screen-Shot-2021-09-13-at-10.35.01-AM.pn

Question 3

Screen-Shot-2021-09-13-at-10.38.43-AM.pn

Question 4

Screen-Shot-2021-09-13-at-11.49.16-AM.pn

Question 5

Screen-Shot-2021-09-13-at-10.44.24-AM.pn

Most surprising responses:

Question 6

Screen-Shot-2021-09-13-at-10.52.48-AM.pn

Question 7

Screen-Shot-2021-09-13-at-10.58.29-AM.pn

All love for Schlenk, Nate and Ressler.

Question 12

Screen-Shot-2021-09-13-at-11.41.45-AM.pn

Question 13

Screen-Shot-2021-09-13-at-11.44.36-AM.pn

I didn’t but here goes.

1. A

2. No

3. Next offseason/they should trade anyone.

4. Conference finals appearance

5. star ⭐️ 

6. Quality starter

7. Huerter (really I’m not ok trading anyone, any of them will hurt).

12. John Collins

13. Next season (2023) or (2024) window though every year starting now till 2030 and hopefully beyond.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
12 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They need to change the rules so coaches get an unlimited number of challenges as long as they are correct and the call is reversed.  A coach shouldn't have to decide whether to pass on an obvious out of bounds error with 1:54 left for fear that another obvious bad call won't be reversed with 25 seconds left.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

They need to change the rules so coaches get an unlimited number of challenges as long as they are correct and the call is reversed.  A coach shouldn't have to decide whether to pass on an obvious out of bounds error with 1:54 left for fear that another obvious bad call won't be reversed with 25 seconds left.

That would make the game unnecessarily long and stop the flow of the game. If anything, they should get 2 per game; one for each half.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

That would make the game unnecessarily long and stop the flow of the game. If anything, they should get 2 per game; one for each half.

Why should wrong calls be allowed to stand?  I don't get this.  If a ref gets a call wrong, there either needs to be a mechanism for the refs to fix it or the coaches need to be able to challenge it.

Just because the refs f'd up once shouldn't mean that a team has no recourse now.  Like if a team blows 5 calls in a row against the same team down the stretch they can only fix one of them?  What sense does that make?  The refs just gave the other team the win because the teams couldn't enforce the rules.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member

I hate that Kirschner thought this to be a useful question. There are moments when, probably self-justified as-if under the guise of journalism, one can see his personal desire to merely create or contribute to drama. He's a good writer. He asks a lot of good questions. He just lacks some savvy and has some growing up to do yet, imo.

2021-09-14_10-08-33.png

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

Why should wrong calls be allowed to stand?  I don't get this.  If a ref gets a call wrong, there either needs to be a mechanism for the refs to fix it or the coaches need to be able to challenge it.

Just because the refs f'd up once shouldn't mean that a team has no recourse now.  Like if a team blows 5 calls in a row against the same team down the stretch they can only fix one of them?  What sense does that make?  The refs just gave the other team the win because the teams couldn't enforce the rules.  

Is it really necessary to stop the game every 10 seconds over every foul call that's made? Sure the call could be wrong, but there would be absolutely no flow to the game, making the game last longer than it should be.

29 minutes ago, AHF said:

Another thing too, people complain about the stop of play. What about TV time outs? Why is no one complaining about those? The problem with review is they spend 5 minutes examining it like the Zapruder film. Just quickly look a couple angles and make the call. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

They should allow two that are not overturned.  One each half.  Then, you are out.  But, if you are correct, this don't count against you.  That way, the refs make the correct calls and the games go on.  If they continually mess up, they get caught.

Coach then says, I have only one, if it's wrong, I have no more.  

:MooseGoggles:

With age comes wisdom! Gray for the win: 2, 1 for each half, not counted against you if correct. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

True but it takes so long I was starting to turn grey.

I don't care.  There are a plethora of ways to speed up the game that the league is too scared to touch.

How about punishing guys for complaining?  The last thing I tune in to see is some rando scrub barking about a no-call.  Cumulatively, that crap takes far longer than last minute reviews do.

Limit the reviews, but they still should be allowed in some capacity.  I'm telling you we're gonna lose a game because of this.  And we're all gonna be wondering why TF a terrible out-of-bounds call can't be overturned.

• Like 3

• Moderators

There should be a replay official to review each foul while play resumes just for flops, which includes the 'fake hit in the face' and 'fake trip'.   If the replay official determines it's a flop then it's a 2 shot technical at the next dead ball.   The team still got the benefit of the call to begin with but at least it evens out.    Wouldn't be able to do this in the last 2 minutes though.   

Notice in baseball that since they added to the strike zone box to TV all of a sudden the umps started getting it right 95% of the time?   Accountability is powerful.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Good luck moving that contract Houston. He's going to have to get a buy out. 

If you're Portland and trying to keep Dame happy, do you do a McCollum and Wall swap? Is Wall even really better than McCollum at this point in their careers?

I like Wall's size better next to Dame, and he is a much better playmaker than anything they have. That's it though

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

If you're Portland and trying to keep Dame happy, do you do a McCollum and Wall swap? Is Wall even really better than McCollum at this point in their careers?

I like Wall's size better next to Dame, and he is a much better playmaker than anything they have. That's it though

I don't trust Wall's health and his $44 and $47 million dollars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2