• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Backup PG

sillent

10 minutes ago, marco102 said:

No. It's been reporting that he wants a mutliyear deal. That's why I said bring him back and draft a youngin for the long term back up position.

What the hell was all that retirement talk? :fuk: I thought he was on his last leg 🦵

18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

For anyone interested in this guy:

:blink::blink:

He's in for the rudest of awakenings.  Haha.  He always comes across as far more arrogant than his game suggests he can be.  He has Kyrie's arrogance which .. well, at least Kyrie's had accomplishments to kinda back it up.  What's this guy done?

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
On 7/8/2021 at 11:18 AM, Spud2nique said:

I’d be happy with 0 first round picks this year. I want vets.

Wait isn’t he retiring?

The first round picks have nothing to do with this year.   You take best players available at 20 because if those guys pan out... they can either contribute or be used in trades.   What teams to happen to teams built like ours with a lot of young players is that some GM starts to believe that the draft is less important and the win now philosophy allows them to trade away picks for players and when it doesn't pan out.. they have no picks... no future and they end up middling.  Basketball is not football where you can revamp a team overnight.   Basketball has guaranteed contracts and caps...  it is a requirement that a GM be able to develop a farm system with draft picks.   Sure, you use some in trades.. but realize that you have very short windows unless you're winning and your bosses don't mind spending.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Lou is an undersized shooting guard ... he is not a point guard.

Gonna send you a dart 🎯 set with Lou’s pic as the target 🎯. (Don’t worry you can replace Lou with any undersized guard).

4 hours ago, Alex said:

Elf Payton l

NOOOOOOO!!!! Good god Alex whyyyyy.. why on earth would you say that. Do you miss being annoyed at Hawks players? Lol.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

They said they would spend though. 

That statement has to be examined.  I think they said that in reference or right after talking about JC.  I took that to mean that teams that plan on making an offer to JC... we don't mind matching.   I don't know if they meant that in reference to going out and picking up a BU PG.  We're not going to be paying a BU near max money... even if we could. 

I don't see us making a play for Lonzo Ball. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

To no one in particular...

To envision Dinwiddie as Trae's back-up is to envision someone who thinks of himself as worthy of more cash and more minutes than it seems you've probably gathered... money and minutes that are beyond us.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/07/spencer-dinwiddie-discusses-upcoming-free-agency.html

Oops. Scrolling up, I see that someone was mindmelding with me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
On 7/8/2021 at 12:23 PM, marco102 said:

No. It's been reporting that he wants a mutliyear deal. That's why I said bring him back and draft a youngin for the long term back up position.

We shouldn't bring him back "because he wants it". There are many options that would be better, 

Rose would be my target. I hated him in other teams but I'm sure I'd love him as a Hawk.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Maybe he really just doesn't like the Nets and it will cost a lot more for him to be happy there? 

😒🤔

Lol if the difference in the money will be the difference in your happiness then you probably have other issues.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

We shouldn't bring him back "because he wants it". There are many options that would be better, 

Rose would be my target. I hated him in other teams but I'm sure I'd love him as a Hawk.

I tend to agree -- I think the more different vet perspectives our guys get the better.  I think Lou was great for this year but I doubt he's going to shed anything new off next year.  I would actually like Solo to come back on whatever the minimum is because I think his level-headed presence is helpful.  He's down to Earth

• Like 1