• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Backup PG

sillent

On 7/7/2021 at 6:22 PM, NBASupes said:

Sharife Cooper is my guy but Atlanta is going to choose who the like the most long term that wants to be here and I don't know who that is.

Yep. Trae needs to find his Jalen Brunson....

• Like 2

On 7/10/2021 at 10:26 AM, capstone21 said:

McConnell or bust … perfect backup

Im afraid he stays in Indiana now that his buddy LP is there....They're in the mix for LP's other buddy Ben Simmons too...lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Seriously, I wonder what it would take to pry Tyrese Haliburton away from the Kings?  

Report: "Teams with interest in Ben Simmons; - Cavs - Wolves - Pacers - KINGS 

Toronto is also said to have expressed interest.”

He or Fox might be on their way to Philly...lol

Edited by terrell
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

The 76ers are open to trading Ben Simmons and would like “an All-Star-caliber player in return,” per

"All-Star-Caliber in return"?

lol...
But seriously, he might be a good fit with us.
Imagine the defense around Trae with Cam, Dre, Simmons, and OO...
Send them Collins,(s&t)Dunn, and #20...lol

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Sothron said:

Are people really ignoring Dunn? He's almost certainly coming back on his player option. He had a season to forget due to injuries so he basically will be healthy and ready to go next season.

Yeah... I just posted the same.  I think people are so caught up on needing a three point threat that they miss the fact that if Dunn comes back, we have a guy who is a top defensive guard and he's capable of getting assists.   With Gallo, Bogi, Huerter, JC, Hunter, and Cam out there shooting threes, Dunn doesn't have to be out there... he can just distribute.  PLUS... nobody has seen him under Nate (who also was  a defense first PG). 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Yeah... I just posted the same.  I think people are so caught up on needing a three point threat that they miss the fact that if Dunn comes back, we have a guy who is a top defensive guard and he's capable of getting assists.   With Gallo, Bogi, Huerter, JC, Hunter, and Cam out there shooting threes, Dunn doesn't have to be out there... he can just distribute.  PLUS... nobody has seen him under Nate (who also was  a defense first PG). 

Yes, yes I know.. greener on the other lawn.. Dunn done ✔️ I’ll be in hibernation if anyone needs me.

Honestly I wasn't ever a fan of Dunn. I wanted to give him a shot or atleast get a look at him. He finally gave us a chance and honestly I'm not pleased with what I saw. No defensive intensity, honestly no intensity at all. Worse he didn't look like a capable nba PG. I know it's been a minute but I expected someone that would be hungrier in that situation. Cam was a great example of this. If you love the game and you haven't played all year and you're cleared nothing should stop you from going all out or atleast being serviceable.

We keep talking about needing a vet but I've seen alot of vets fade when it matters most. We've seen it with our own vets in Snell, Solo, of course Dunn and even Gallo in the 1st round. The whole reason for getting vets/good players is for them to be serviceable when it counts. Again our vets kinda faded and that even includes Clint and Bogi to a certain extent while all the young guns came in with a different attitude. We cannot sleep on the young players especially nowadays (how old is Trae again or Cam for that matter🤔).

It's a ton of prospects in this draft that might play with more heart and honestly I'm fine with running Lou back with a full year in our system. We have alot of ball handlers and gunners. Alot of these "vets" that are options just do not push us over the edge in my opinion and there are rookie PG's in this draft that we can grab and groom for the long haul to go along with the rest of the young core and on a cheaper contract.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Not advocating this necessarily, but another option to add to the list of plausible options is Cory Joseph, who Pistons followers are saying is almost certain to be cut on or before 8/1, saving them about $10m.

Remember that Cory Joseph spent two of his personal best seasons under you-know-who.

He did have a nice run in DET for those 20 games he was there.

If you're content with "adequate and experienced" at the #2 PG, it's a consideration.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1