• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jalen Johnson - WELCOME TO THE HAWKS!

RandomFan

I feel like Johnson can develop into the PF we want John to be. Where he gives us similar versatility being a lob threat and accurate shooter. But then he's a better playmaker and maybe even defender down the line. His pick I don't think changes the need for us to resign John, but Jalen can play next to Okongwu off the the bench and allow us to flexible in the lineups we use to matchup with different teams.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GameTime said:

Was compared as Ben Simmons-type before this year. CBS gives it a A+

That's a very fair comparison. Very similar smoothness to his game with the ball. Better shooter but prefers to go at the basket. His game might translate better in the pros with no zone. He's really hard to handle off the dribble if he's already moving. Just like Ben.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

He said the Hawks didnt even work him out..I guess they watched this game...lol

Hawks didn't work out John Collins either, but they scouted him heavily.

LOL, Solo

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hawks didn't work out John Collins either, but they scouted him heavily.

LOL, Solo

Only High School and 13 games of College tape with Jalen though, lol.............

Echoing everyone else in that he was BPA. Seems like a solid fundamental no nonsense kid with good natural strength and footwork. Feels like a combo 3/4. Build is solid and high BBIQ. He will understand his role and do just what he needs to do to get the job done.

Schlenk strikes again. Solid team guy. Schlenk hasn’t screwed up a pick yet.. well possibly Bruno but that’s it.

Does this guy remind anyone else of Dr. Alan Henderson our pick from Indiana in 95?