• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kevin Huerter and Hawks begin talks on contract extension

JayBirdHawk

26 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

If Sarver gave Bridges that, he better give Ayton the max.

Not necessarily. Bridges is a winner and a 2 way guy. Not saying Ayton isn’t but Bridges holds his own. He’s got a lot of value around the league.

12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Not necessarily. Bridges is a winner and a 2 way guy. Not saying Ayton isn’t but Bridges holds his own. He’s got a lot of value around the league.

Lol, Sarver would be making a huge mistake, because Ayton isn't accepting anything less than the max. If you were to ask me, Ayton's more valuable to their team as the anchor of their defense and because of his offensive upside as his role in their offense increases. Pay the man.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Ayton is worth two or three Bridges. They overpaid on Bridges. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Stats don't tell everything. I like Bridges, but KD is creating those shots and making them over double teams and the best defenders the opponents can send his way.

Bridges is coming open off of actions where everyone's attention is on Booker, CP3 and Ayton first. His looks are usually clean.

Still, Kudos for Bridges for knocking down his shots. He is a high caliber 3 and D guy. And I agree he is a winner. He has a gene about him dating back his Villanova days.

He is kind of like a mixture of Cam's defense, Kev's offense (good and bad ie lack of aggression), and Dre's maturity/consistency.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Lol, Sarver would be making a huge mistake, because Ayton isn't accepting anything less than the max. If you were to ask me, Ayton's more valuable to their team as the anchor of their defense and because of his offensive upside as his role in their offense increases. Pay the man.

Ya, lol, that’s not what I was saying but ok ya I do feel they should keep Ayton. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Overpay? Absolutely not I disagree here. Mikal Bridges aren’t a dime a dozen.

He's not a bad player at all but Ayton is waay more valuable to me. A defensive big in the modern NBA that can score in the post and also hit threes? Yeah, I'm going to value that way more than yet another wing player.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Stats don't tell everything. I like Bridges, but KD is creating those shots and making them over double teams and the best defenders the opponents can send his way.

Bridges is coming open off of actions where everyone's attention is on Booker, CP3 and Ayton first. His looks are usually clean.

Still, Kudos for Bridges for knocking down his shots. He is a high caliber 3 and D guy. And I agree he is a winner. He has a gene about him dating back his Villanova days.

He is kind of like a mixture of Cam's defense, Kev's offense (good and bad ie lack of aggression), and Dre's maturity/consistency.

I hate when people have fun with rando numbers to try to make a point.  In no universe is Bridges in the same galaxy as Durant.  I don't care what those cleverly selected numbers say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

He's not a bad player at all but Ayton is waay more valuable to me. A defensive big in the modern NBA that can score in the post and also hit threes? Yeah, I'm going to value that way more than yet another wing player.

Bridges will make 22.5 million next year? Or somewhere in that neighborhood. Andrew Wiggins will make 31.5 million. Sadly that’s my only example and I used it to slam the scrubs. :sarcastic:

• Like 1

I'm never disappointed at how many people fail to understand the meanings and/or limitations of analogies or statistical comparisons, especially of one minor data point. I'm never disappointed because experience has taught me it's a LOT of people. 

The guy is making 22.5m per, not a max contract...

Edited by RandomFan

• Moderators

The big question in comparing Bridges and Ayton is about which one will ramp up the scoring volume.  Both score at low-moderate volumes with high efficiency.  Bridges averaged 13.5 points at a .667% TS% (pretty fantastic for a wing) and Ayton averaged 14.0 points at a .653% TS% (good but driven like lots of big men by his 90% of attempts within 10 feet and his 76% fg% on shots around the rim).  

Let's not pretend Ayton is a 3pt shooter or threat.  He shot 20% from there last year and took 1 3pt attempt every 3 games same as the prior season.  Over those two seasons combined he played 101 games and shot 7 of 33 from 3pt range.  He actually took fewer threes as the season progressed (he attempted only 4 in the 36 games from March to May).  

Both are very strong defenders on the interior and perimeter which are high value.  They are hard guys to rate for salary when you already have two max players on the roster.  Given that Ayton was the #1 overall pick and isn't going to take less than the max, I kind of feel that Sarver should be in for a pound at this point and just pay the man.  There is no point in not having him with his additional upside if you are paying Chris Paul $30M per.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Sothron said:

In 3 years he's taken 37 3s and hit 7...I would not really call that 'hitting threes'....that's 18%.

I guess it's about on court value vs cost...Bridges at 4/$90 vs Ayton at a max.

• Like 1