• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Rockets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Great win by the Rockets.  They've played hard like this since they ended that losing streak.

As long as Nate continues to do the same thing over and over again, this team will continue to struggle in the 4th.

You got 2 kids on that bench who deserve a chance to see if they can be positive influencers on a game, and they're just sitting on the bench  . . watching the team die.

Stop playing lineups and guys who cannot rebound the basketball.  And stop putting the entire bench in the game at the beginning of the 4th quarter.  

Despite losing a heartbreaker to Golden State, LP is probably in his office looking at the Hawks collapse again in the 4th, like . . .

Evil Laugh GIFs with Sound | Gfycat

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I am so angry that Mrs. Sothron had to take the controller away before I threw it through the television. Only an Atlanta team could blow a NINETEEN POINT LEAD going into the 4th quarter AT HOME. I can't believe we lost this game. Actually, yes, I can. We are the worst three point defending team I have ever seen. We have like two or three guys who can actually rotate and switch out. The rest of them are killing us. Houston scored like 40 something points IN JUST THE FOURTH. Unreal. 

Some of those shots were just lucky shots but the late or zero rotations cost us far more than a few lucky shots. 

• Like 3

Not sure how everyone can only look at defense even with a 44 point quarter when the hawks were 6 of 19 in the 4th at one point.

The fact is this team doesn’t do anything well in the 4th! Not offensively or defensively…they are just bad all around in the 4th and it’s time to start looking at trades.

I don’t think trades are a overreaction. They should have gotten past this by now but they are trying to relearn how to close games but it’s different when you gain a little respect. I don’t have faith in this unit learning how to close games effectively enough so while I wouldn’t trade the whole team of course I’d surely make a impact trade if I’m Travis.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Another 4th quarter meltdown. Giving 44 points by not covering the 3 point shooters but more so the offensive rebounds. We just refuse to BOXOUT.  The defense, Smh.

Some bench guy seems to bring the energy for the other team....where's our guy that can give us that spark, that lift when we need it.

• Like 1

Another 2 point effort from Delon Wright.. 😆 Folks, we struggled last year with the second unit at the helm of Rondo. Nate plays the second unit too long during stretches. Furthermore, Capela has gotten soft in the paint. He has to do more, I'm tired of him cruising!! 

The Rockets second unit scored 38 points in the 4th quarter?!! It's time for Jalen and Sharif to enter the second unit. Nate will find himself out of a job if allows this team to implode. Reminds me of his stay in Indiana.

Just now, marco102 said:

Let's not do this. That 4th quarter they weren't attacking Trae.

There was only one possession where aaugustine cut to the basket that you can blame Trae.

They have to rebound. Nate needs to cut this funneling defense and apply some damn ball pressure.

Yes they were. They were using him on down screens. Our help side defenders had to pick up his man which created space on the wing. Trae is ass as f*** on defense in the regular season. I want to get mad at Clint but they did that space out shit Utah did to Gobert v. LAC to neutralize him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae more than did his job tonight.  He scored a ton of points.  He got his teammates involved.  And he was ( + ) for the game.

His job is NOT to secure every defensive rebound, nor guard the best wing on the team.  That is the job of other players.

If Trae shot 5 - 22 FG in a loss like this, he should get all the blame.

But if he goes 14 - 22 FG and puts up a 40 piece, and his team loses because they can't stop shooters, secure defensive rebounds, and miss FTs . . . that's not his fault, sir.

U put Trae on the same tier as LeBron, KD, Steph, and Kawhi. There's nothing to say to you bruh

As a matter of fact anybody who believes that don't even bother talking about basketball. You'll just embarrass yourself  

Absolutely delusional

Edited by Bonkers

Just now, NBASupes said:

Yes they were. They were using him on down screens. Our help side defenders had to pick up his man which created space on the wing. Trae is ass as f*** on defense in the regular season. I want to get mad at Clint but they did that space out shit Utah did to Gobert v. LAC to neutralize him.

So what was happening in the first 5 minutes when the lead was cut to five?

• Thanks 1