• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Knicks "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They always do that but if our offense is clicking, it's hard for them to defend us. We also didn't get into their non PG playing PG with the 1st unit but did with the 2nd.

Because of Young's usage rate and his desire to have the ball at all times.  That's a function of Young...Not the offense

• Premium Member
Just now, Peoriabird said:

Simmons ain't going to help Kev or Bogi.  Trae can't even help those guys so what make you think Simmons can?

Mostly because those guys can't do squat without a screen being set. They can't attack scramble situations or size up their man. They can shoot and pass when they are already in motion.

Simmons would work as a release valve by being a threat going downhill while having the passing acumen to get guys easy baskets. Assuming he's not a softie.

I prefer getting a Donovan Mitchell type at the 2 because I don't believe Nate can create an offense that would best utilize Trae and Ben. 

This is honestly the most embarrassed I have ever been of the Hawks. When we sucked in the past it was expected. We're a joke on both sides of the ball. Teams get open 3's and score over us in the paint all night long. Our offense puts up numbers but is extremely unreliable when we need a bucket. What a nightmare season. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Because of Young's usage rate and his desire to have the ball at all times.  That's a function of Young...Not the offense

Whose he gonna give the ball to? Bogi? Kev? DeAndre is the only one who deserves it.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, aali34 said:

Mostly because those guys can't do squat without a screen being set. They can't attack scramble situations or size up their man. They can shoot and pass when they are already in motion.

Simmons would work as a release valve by being a threat going downhill while having the passing acumen to get guys easy baskets. Assuming he's not a softie.

You do watch Hawk games right...Most of bogi's shots are easy wide open shots.  He just misses them so does it matter who delivers the ball to a mediocre shooter like him?

• Confused 1

How many teams in the NBA lack a 7fter or at least a large big like Drummond?  Live by the three you die by the three.  You have to have a low post presence of some kind.

What was the deal with Dunn. Why is he out the league.  Did the injuries take a toll. We need someone who  will get after it with no back down. Is TLC better than Dunn?

• Premium Member

You do watch Hawk games right...Most of bogi's shots are easy wide open shots.  He just misses them so does it matter who delivers the ball to a mediocre shooter like him?

He gets a couple wide open looks. But he ideally would be playing a JJ Redick or Kyle Korver type role with more playmaking and some straight line drives. He doesn't need to be running pnr. Kev can do it sometimes but he's just not consistent and can't get to the rim consistently.

• Premium Member

They seem to do ok without Trae on the 2nd unit so I;m not really seeing your point

Tonight was Gallo and OO. The other night they played well, but for most of the season the bench has been worse than the starters.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, aali34 said:

He gets a couple wide open looks. But he ideally would be playing a JJ Redick or Kyle Korver type role with more playmaking and some straight line drives. He doesn't need to be running pnr. Kev can do it sometimes but he's just not consistent and can't get to the rim consistently.

JJ reddick and Korver hit tough contested shots on the move all of the time.  Bogi ain't that!  What is this fascination with this fing player??

1 minute ago, aali34 said:

Tonight was Gallo and OO. The other night they played well, but for most of the season the bench has been worse than the starters.

As they should be because the starters make all of the money

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, aali34 said:

For most of the season, we didn't really have a bench... sorry. 

• Like 1

Just now, Peoriabird said:

JJ redick and Korver hit tough contested shots on the move all of the time.  Bogi ain't that!  What is this fascination with this fing player??

Those guys wouldn't play well with Trae. Their defense is too bad.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

How many teams in the NBA lack a 7fter or at least a large big like Drummond?  Live by the three you die by the three.  You have to have a low post presence of some kind.

The problem would than be a 7 footer would get eaten alive trying to protect guys on the perimeter. Gobert is useless in the playoffs for a reason.

OO's style is the ideal style. We need another wing defender and a 4 that can play defense on the bench. 

• Premium Member

JJ reddick and Korver hit tough contested shots on the move all of the time.  Bogi ain't that!  What is this fascination with this fing player??

Danny Green then. I don't care they hit tough shots, I'm talking usage. I'm not even defending Bogi. I'm saying he's too limited to play with John and that one gotta go. You want Bogi gone? Get me a high scoring 2 that plays solid defense. You wanna keep Bogi? Get me a Draymond Green type 4 to make his life easy.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

For most of the season, we didn't really have a bench... sorry. 

Well they showed up the last few games and actually out played the starter but the starter choked.  Wright is playing better and better these games and its about time y'all gave that man some credit.  same with okongwu.