• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Knicks "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Not totally horrible.   We're talking about a guy coming off the bench for us.  The starting unit will feature Hunter, JC, Capela and Barnes.  In my estimation... that's good defenders around Trae. 

That's way too clunky. No secondary handler. How do you expect Trae to even get into sets. They will spam trap Trae and just run exotic scheme all night. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

Not totally horrible.   We're talking about a guy coming off the bench for us.  The starting unit will feature Hunter, JC, Capela and Barnes.  In my estimation... that's good defenders around Trae. 

Still need to find Trae a running mate. How many teams rely on one guy and succeed? You need atleast 2.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Still need to find Trae a running mate. How many teams rely on one guy and succeed? You need atleast 2.

Why?

What's going on in Phoenix?

The point is if Roles are defined and you know your role and shut your mouth.. you can win.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That's way too clunky. No secondary handler. How do you expect Trae to even get into sets. They will spam trap Trae and just run exotic scheme all night. 

This is with the expectation of 1/4 1/5 PNRs being our starting point and having a full time shot shooter on the arc and the master of the midrange out there too. 

Point is defensive will have to spread out to cover our shooters and that gives us a better PNR game. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Why?

What's going on in Phoenix?

The point is if Roles are defined and you know your role and shut your mouth.. you can win.

If Trae had a guy like CP3 we'd be winning games. Put Jimmy Butler at the 2 and he's barking at everyone.

This team doesn't have the veteran savviness needed to win when the talent isn't there.

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

This is with the expectation of 1/4 1/5 PNRs being our starting point and having a full time shot shooter on the arc and the master of the midrange out there too. 

Point is defensive will have to spread out to cover our shooters and that gives us a better PNR game. 

Or they'll run shooters off the line and they'll have to put pressure on the rim which we currently can't do.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, aali34 said:

If Trae had a guy like CP3 we'd be winning games. Put Jimmy Butler at the 2 and he's barking at everyone.

This team doesn't have the veteran savviness needed to win when the talent isn't there.

Trae is the guy like CP3!!

I just notice how many wide open 3s Bogi misses.  Defenses notice too.. they decide.. Hey, let's leave him open and attend to this PNR. 

Don't get me wrong, the PNR is not a bad plan.. but it needs shooters.  Stockton and Malone still had  Hornacek and Russell...

But yeah... Nate has to add more to the offense.   Some slashing.  Some midrange shots... and we have guys who can do that... But if the shooters can't shoot, the defense can key in on our PNR.. stop that... stop the goat float and just watch Trae dribble and the offense become stagnant. 

We do well when we go up tempo... but we have to have a halfcourt plan. 

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Trae is the guy like CP3!!

I just notice how many wide open 3s Bogi misses.  Defenses notice too.. they decide.. Hey, let's leave him open and attend to this PNR. 

Don't get me wrong, the PNR is not a bad plan.. but it needs shooters.  Stockton and Malone still had  Hornacek and Russell...

But yeah... Nate has to add more to the offense.   Some slashing.  Some midrange shots... and we have guys who can do that... But if the shooters can't shoot, the defense can key in on our PNR.. stop that... stop the goat float and just watch Trae dribble and the offense become stagnant. 

We do well when we go up tempo... but we have to have a halfcourt plan. 

I mean the vet who has winning habits and holds people accountable.

Jimmy Butler, CP3, Draymond Green, Kyle Lowry.

Trae is similar to CP3 as a player, but I'm talking vet leadership. He's not there yet.

Our wing shooters have been bad this season thats for sure.

2 hours ago, aali34 said:

The problem would than be a 7 footer would get eaten alive trying to protect guys on the perimeter. Gobert is useless in the playoffs for a reason.

OO's style is the ideal style. We need another wing defender and a 4 that can play defense on the bench. 

You can't play in your fears. Seven footers  may have trouble on the perimeter but your opponent will have trouble protecting the post against them. Pick your poison. It is up to the coach to know when to play them. There will always be room for a big man.  Gobert's problem is his inability to score consistently in the post. We will never win with 6ft8 in bigs. Never have never will.

• Like 1

Don't just throw out the whole rebuild, It just needs tweaked. We just needed some size and a hard nosed player or two. Everybody loved TS before but are jumping off the ship now. Have some heart, ride and die thru the good and bad. True fans stick with the team but aren't afraid to point out their flaws. TS is a good GM he tried to mend the size and defensive intensity problems but the ballplayers didn't work out. It is up to him to go back and try to fix the problem.

Bogi and Huerter are good complimentary ballplayers but they aren't the consistent scorer,playmaker we need to go with Trae. If they can give us 18 to 22 a night and avoid injury then we are good. Eleven or twelve points a night just won't do. They need to step up along with JC. He'll the whole team needs to look in the mirror and up their game.

34 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Can the HAWKS get anything out of Knox. Spot up shooter, catch and shoot maybe. Can he shoot better than Cam,or match Cam's production.

What is up with our player development? 

No, he's a scrub.

Cam was our 4th most productive in the rotation 

http://www.82games.com/2122/2122ATL.HTM

Knox was the 3rd least productive and he wasn't in their rotation 

http://www.82games.com/2122/2122NYK.HTM

Hawksquawk posters are conning you on Knox. He's trash 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

4:50 minutes left in the game down 3, these are our offensive possessions 

The next 4 minutes went like this:
Hunter missed 3
Collins missed 3
Young driving 2 pts scored
Gallo missed 3
Huerter missed 3
Young missed 3
Young 3 pts scored
Collins TO
Young missed 3

That's 5 points in 4 minutes and on the flip side can't make a stop.

This also tells me we have NOTHING, no plays going to the rim.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

4:50 minutes left in the game down 3, these are our offensive possessions 

The next 4 minutes went like this:
Hunter missed 3
Collins missed 3
Young driving 2 pts scored
Gallo missed 3
Huerter missed 3
Young missed 3
Young 3 pts scored
Collins TO
Young missed 3

That's 5 points in 4 minutes and on the flip side can't make a stop.

This also tells me we have NOTHING, no plays going to the rim.

I didn’t watch. Were these open looks we missed or did we dribble and take a clock running out, contested 3? 

Tough loss. We just don’t seem to have INTENT and RESISTANCE on D, really frustrating.

Game situation awareness and tempo and driving the ball to the hole. We can’t settle as we don’t seem to be good at getting ourselves offensive boards and another opportunity.

Hang in there Hawks the MLK jersey’s on tomorrow, that’s when the turnaround starts. BOOK IT! 

Go Hawks!

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

I didn’t watch. Were these open looks we missed or did we dribble and take a clock running out, contested 3? 

Check out this link...click on each player to see the shot attempt.

https://www.nba.com/game/nyk-vs-atl-0022100643/play-by-play?period=Q4

@TheNorthCydeRises I love, love this stuff.

35 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Check out this link...click on each player to see the shot attempt.

https://www.nba.com/game/nyk-vs-atl-0022100643/play-by-play?period=Q4

@TheNorthCydeRises I love, love this stuff.

Those are awesome. So 5 or 6 of the misses (they don’t have Collins first miss) we’re hurried, contested 3s. And Collins fumbled away a good pass. 

meanwhile 8 of their next 14 points came from working inside. 2 3s - semincontested. 

literally 1 good look created by trae. Then everyone just hunting hero shots. We desperately we need someone to slap the ish out of the team when they settle like this. Get into some kind of offense or find a legit #2 that can get you a bucket.