• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Knicks "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, phoostal said:

They won't do it, but Nate needs to be let go.   There are other issues as well.  But he isn't doing anything to help this team.   In fact I believe his coaching is making it worse. 

They'll probably reevaluate it in the off-season, but Nate has got to find a way to turn this thing around. I've been spending the last couple days watching Jabari Smith highlights, lol.

• Haha 2

I was clowned when I stated the HAWKS were too small and lacked physicality during the off season. I was hoping Okafor still had something left to offer low post scoring and physicality, apparently the injuries had caught up with him. Travis recognized that the team lacked size and he brought in some bigs but they were more end of the bench guys instead of front line bigs. He also tried to bring in more perimeter D by bringing in Dunn. I hate that this didn't work because he is the kind of player the HAWKS need, a no back down player who hounds the opposition's best player relentlessly. There is no high energy dogs on this team other than OO. All finesse, jump shot shooting.  Also as I have said before I have a problem with a power forward that's knocked down and on the floor all the time.  Collins needs to strengthen up, I'm tired of seeing him bullied.  Anyone who has watched or played basketball for some time could easily predict this team would have problems as constructed. Basketball is a physical game. No  one is going to let you run around and shoot pretty jumpers all day. You have to get physical at some point.  Sadly this team can't .

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The Hawks refuse to employ big men that can rebound the d-mn ball except Capela!  And when Capela is out, Nate plays small and then wonders why the team gets killed on the boards!

Schlenk is probably evaluating more 6'9 centers or 6'0 pg's in the upcoming draft as we speak...... lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Nate just doesn't coach with instinct. Just rigid. Stop playing small ball when teams have giants.

I hope he steps down. He was riding on the coattails of LPs scheme that is my belief.

LP couldn’t coach but he put a winning scheme in place here that needed slight adjustments like McMillan did ….Nate should have left it alone after that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We have a very real chance of going 2 wins in our last 16 games and growing with the upcoming schedule.

We have not won a home game since Nov 22nd. 10 straight home LOSSES.  This is what a tanking team does. This team was two wins from going to the FINALS just LAST f***ing SEASON.

I can't put into words how pissed off I am about this team. They have robbed me of any joy of watching them play. They go out there, play soft  and lose. There hasn't been a single player's only meeting. Watch Nate on the sidelines. He just stands there with his arms crossed and says nothing. 

This team needs to move some people for Ben or another superstar or frankly go into a rebuild again around Trae. 

Ben is not a superstar.  He is an emotionally fragile and independence player.  If we rebuild around Trae, we will continue to see the same deal we see now.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I hope the team and the GM learns from this season.  That finesse ball crap is out.  You got to have some bullies down low to win consistently.  Okongwu will be fine but get some more bullies.  Should have kept Cam and drop soft azz Huerter.

Huerter will be worth more in a trade though..

Find a partner Travis...

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, terrell said:

Schlenk is probably evaluating more 6'9 centers or 6'0 pg's in the upcoming draft as we speak...... lol

All this criticism about size in a game where Clint didn't play??

You guys are a piece of work. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Yeah...They are currently grooming Jaylen Johnson to be a d-mn center!  Imagine that! 😠

His style is more suited to be a playmaking 4 similar to Draymond Green. Maybe he's the pf of the future? His defense is atrocious though.

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I hope the team and the GM learns from this season.  That finesse ball crap is out.  You got to have some bullies down low to win consistently.  Okongwu will be fine but get some more bullies.  Should have kept Cam and drop soft azz Huerter.

You can keep one or two finesse guys, but a team can't be built off it.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Carmine said:

Kuminga posting 25-3-3 on on 86% FG pct. This on arguably the best team in the NBA. Meanwhile our rooks rot on the bench & never step on the court. Even if Hawks got #1 pick, Nate wouldn't play em.

Nate needs to go.. Schlenk too...Ressler should Hire an assistant coach and assistant GM from the Grizzlies staff..JUst a 5 hour drive......Hawks need a culture shift...That team plays hard and gets after it win or lose.. Trade some of our players for some dogggs....We're too damn soft..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

Nate needs to go.. Schlenk too...Ressler should Hire an assistant coach and assistant GM from the Grizzlies staff..JUst a 5 hour drive......Hawks need a culture shift...That team plays hard and gets after it win or lose.. Trade some of our players for some dogggs....We're too damn soft..

You don't necessarily have to trade anyone.  You can draft them and sign them as free agents.You just can't keep picking up Gallos and Bogdanovic in free agency

13 minutes ago, JTB said:

I hope he steps down. He was riding on the coattails of LPs scheme that is my belief.

LP couldn’t coach but he put a winning scheme in place here that needed slight adjustments like McMillan did ….Nate should have left it alone after that.

giphy.gif

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

All this criticism about size in a game where Clint didn't play??

You guys are a piece of work. 

That's the point Diesel... The Hawks need more than just 1 true center.  Okongwu is great but he is only 6'8 which why he and Collins are constantly in foul trouble when playing center against a physical team

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

They'll probably reevaluate it in the off-season, but Nate has got to find a way to turn this thing around. I've been spending the last couple days watching Jabari Smith highlights, lol.

Smith is going #1.

Hawks wont win the lottery because we're the Hawks.....

• Haha 1