• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Knicks "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

10 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Whose he gonna give the ball to? Bogi? Kev? DeAndre is the only one who deserves it.

Gallo, Collins, Huerter and Trae will never close out a game together. They can't defend or rebound. Nate is just as bad as LP being cute with his sub patterns.

Play OO and Wright down the stretch. Huerter and JC should not have seen the floor late.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Man stop it! You understating Simmons impact on offense. He's much better than you making him out to be. 

They lost to the hawks last year with Simmonds when the Hawks weren't even at full strength.. Did you forget that little fact already?

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

Let's bite the bullet and see if the Kings will give us Barnes and Buddy. 

For Bogi, Gallo, and Knox..

That's still a bandaid for a fundamental problem with this team. 

I like those players though.

• Premium Member
Just now, terrell said:

Gallo, Collins, Huerter and Trae will never close out a game together. They can't defend or rebound. Nate is just as bad as LP being cute with his sub patterns.

Play OO and Wright down the stretch. Huerter and JC should not have seen the floor late.

It's a bad combination of guys whose weaknesses expose each other and whose strengths don't make up for each other enough.

You switch up a couple players like GSW did and boom huge turn around.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, aali34 said:

That's still a bandaid for a fundamental problem with this team. 

I like those players though.

no... It's a fix.  Our real problem (that makes us different from last year) is that our shooters are inconsistent. 

Gallo is consistent.  But Bogi has sucked and he is starting. 

Barnes and Buddy both shoot over 40 from three.   And Sac has both of them on the trade blocks. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

no... It's a fix.  Our real problem (that makes us different from last year) is that our shooters are inconsistent. 

Gallo is consistent.  But Bogi has sucked and he is starting. 

Barnes and Buddy both shoot over 40 from three.   And Sac has both of them on the trade blocks. 

It's still a short term fix. Buddy's defense is garbage and he can't create for anyone. A backcourt of him and Trae is food.

Not to mention Nate's style is to let the players play. If he's the coach you need another star on the wing.

Let me explain Simmons offensively 

Excellent decision maker on both ends.

Highly functional with or without the ball

Excellent passer with the ball

High BBIQ

Elite cutter

Decent screen setter

Loves DHOs

Great at posting up on mismatches

Impossible to stop at the rim without a center who can rim protect

Excellent fluidity and ball handler. 

Speed, quick, and has tremendous balance.

Impossible to stop in the open court unless a rim protector is back 

The bad- 

No range

Limited touch away from the basket

Not a real PG. 

Can't run effective PnR unless it's to pass to the corner or score

Cannot run an offense.

Doesn't get you into your sets effortlessly 

Confidence? Anti Smoove/Bazemore

Shaky FT shooting 

Extreme lean to the open court game than half court game. 

He's not a #2 option but he's an offensive menace. He's 6'11 245 and he can legit defend 4 positions. He's an unicorn but has serious flaws. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Let me explain Simmons offensively 

Excellent decision maker on both ends.

Highly functional with or without the ball

Excellent passer with the ball

High BBIQ

Elite cutter

Decent screen setter

Loves DHOs

Great at posting up on mismatches

Impossible to stop at the rim without a center who can rim protect

Excellent fluidity and ball handler. 

Speed, quick, and has tremendous balance.

Impossible to stop in the open court unless a rim protector is back 

The bad- 

No range

Limited touch away from the basket

Not a real PG. 

Can't run effective PnR unless it's to pass to the corner or score

Cannot run an offense.

Doesn't get you into your sets effortlessly 

Confidence? Anti Smoove/Bazemore

Shaky FT shooting 

Extreme lean to the open court game than half court game. 

He's not a #2 option but he's an offensive menace. He's 6'11 245 and he can legit defend 4 positions. He's an unicorn but has serious flaws. 

He also makes $36 mil per year and has a PER of under 19....No thanks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

That's the point Diesel... The Hawks need more than just 1 true center.  Okongwu is great but he is only 6'8 which why he and Collins are constantly in foul trouble when playing center against a physical team

And Capela is only 6'10... Good thing he has long arms....

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I don't know about Ben. For alot of problems he fixes, he brings in quite a few. 

Whats gonna happen in the last few possessions and teams trap Trae? He'll get hacked endlessly. It's not like Cap where he gets pulled until the 2 minute mark.You know he's not touching the ball unless its a lob. You can't have a ball handler be a poor free throw shooter, especially in high stakes situations.

I might have to see how GSW deals with Draymond in those situations.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, aali34 said:

I don't know about Ben. For alot of problems he fixes, he brings in quite a few. 

Whats gonna happen in the last few possessions and teams trap Trae? He'll get hacked endlessly. It's not like Cap where he gets pulled until the 2 minute mark.You know he's not touching the ball unless its a lob. You can't have a ball handler be a poor free throw shooter, especially in high stakes situations.

I might have to see how GSW deals with Draymond in those situations.

making $36 mil to boot...Crazy talk  Even the Hawks aren't stupid enough to Trade Collins and Hunter for Simmons

Wish we could have packaged Cam to get a consistent scorer or star level player. Apparently  this site valued Cam more as a player than the rest of the league.  I like Bogi and Kevin but I don't know if we can win with them as primary scorers with their lack of consistency and injury problems. Can we get twenty a night from someone other than Trae. It is time for JC to step up big time. I hope TS has a better plan than Ben Simmons to turn this team around.  I knew the roster was flawed but I thought the effort would be better.  I never thought it would be this bad. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, aali34 said:

It's still a short term fix. Buddy's defense is garbage and he can't create for anyone. A backcourt of him and Trae is food.

Not to mention Nate's style is to let the players play. If he's the coach you need another star on the wing.

That's just it.  If players are going to play.. then the plan has got to be to outscore the opponent.  We can only do that if we have efficient shooters.   You forget.. Bogi was shooting around 40% from three last year.    Now his and Kev's shooting is down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aali34 said:

The problem would than be a 7 footer would get eaten alive trying to protect guys on the perimeter. Gobert is useless in the playoffs for a reason.

OO's style is the ideal style. We need another wing defender and a 4 that can play defense on the bench. 

You can't play in your fears. Seven footers  may have trouble on the perimeter but your opponent will have trouble protecting the post against them. Pick your poison. It is up to the coach to know when to play them. There will always be room for a big man.  Gobert's problem is his inability to score consistently in the post. We will never win with 6ft8 in bigs. Never have never will.

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

That's just it.  If players are going to play.. then the plan has got to be to outscore the opponent.  We can only do that if we have efficient shooters.   You forget.. Bogi was shooting around 40% from three last year.    Now his and Kev's shooting is down. 

You can't have horrible defenders around Trae either. It don't quite work like that. Remember the defensive pairing of Trae and Jabari Parker. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

You can't have horrible defenders around Trae either. It don't quite work like that. Remember the defensive pairing of Trae and Jabari Parker. 

Not totally horrible.   We're talking about a guy coming off the bench for us.  The starting unit will feature Hunter, JC, Capela and Barnes.  In my estimation... that's good defenders around Trae.