• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What are some deadline deals that you think can help this team now and into the future?

ATLHawks3

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

I don't know if age moves the needle that much.  Memphis is just as young and they are one of the best teams in the west. 

I think that there are two things that Hawks fans do... that are contradictory:

1.  They think that we have the best draft picks in the world.   IF we drafted a player then they are great.  Too many instances of this.

2.  They value other teams non-stars as superstars.

It's funny to watch.

One moment, we're talking about how Bruno will be a star in this league giving time.

The next we're talking about Kenrich as if he will be a HoFer before it's all over. 

Memphis has a better TEAM than OKC perhaps? Basketblall is about more than just individual talent...........Being a Hawks fan, you should know this.....................

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Eric Gordon and DJ Augustin?  shouldn't have to send the 1st tbh.    but then we are thin at PF.

1. You are right - no 1st needed

2. Eric Gordan has $19 million due on his contract next year

3. Leaves us with a plethora of guards and small up front.

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

1. You are right - no 1st needed

2. Eric Gordan has $19 million due on his contract next year

3. Leaves us with a plethora of guards and small up front.

In reality we should be able to trade Bogi for Gordon and DJ although they may not want Bogi since he has more years on his deal.  

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Question:

Who is the best player or combination of players we can get for Gallo ($20.4 million) plus the Charlotte 1st (protected 1-18 in 2022)?

21-22 33 ATL NBA PF 34 1 23.1 3.3 7.8 .419 1.6 4.0 .401 1.6 3.8 .438 .523 2.2 2.4 .925 0.5 3.6 4.2 1.4 0.4 0.2 0.6 1.4 10.3

Important consideration as a preface to that question...

What's the role on the roster you want this new person to fill? Presumably what Gallo's currently doing, backing up JC... yes? If not, what?

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, sturt said:

Important consideration as a preface to that question...

What's the role on the roster you want this new person to fill? Presumably what Gallo's currently doing, backing up JC... yes? If not, what?

Ideally yes. 

However, if Hunter and OO can play some back up PF, then a better backup SF to Hunter and another big?

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Here's a trade:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7x2zyes 

Of course we throw a couple of picks Sactown's way. 

That's a trade that no one wins I dont think.  LOL.   I like the guys coming the Hawks way but don't know if that makes us a lot better.

But also Knox can't be included in any deals.   We might can trade him straight up for something not sure but i know he can be added into multi player deals i don't think.

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

I don't know if age moves the needle that much.  Memphis is just as young and they are one of the best teams in the west. 

I think that there are two things that Hawks fans do... that are contradictory:

1.  They think that we have the best draft picks in the world.   IF we drafted a player then they are great.  Too many instances of this.

2.  They value other teams non-stars as superstars.

It's funny to watch.

One moment, we're talking about how Bruno will be a star in this league giving time.

The next we're talking about Kenrich as if he will be a HoFer before it's all over. 

I definitely agree with point 1 and have been calling that out since last off season.  OO played awesome the other night, but talks of him being an all NBA defense candidate spring up immediately.  Let's watch him play like that for a few months first.  The exception is Jalen Johnson.  He gets more unfair criticism than any draft pick I've seen in a while.    

Not sure I agree with point 2.  I think there is a lot of talent in the NBA and we should trade for some of it.  I've felt like, until recently, no one valued realistic trade targets on anyone's roster.  Now that we've been losing people are open to it, but I'm not seeing people call these guys superstars.  Maybe Simmons and KAT.  

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Here's a trade:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7x2zyes 

Of course we throw a couple of picks Sactown's way. 

Can't include Knox with any player in a trade for 2 months.

Team will have too many guards and not enough size.

• Premium Member
Just now, macdaddy said:

That's a trade that no one wins I dont think.  LOL.   I like the guys coming the Hawks way but don't know if that makes us a lot better.

But also Knox can't be included in any deals.   We might can trade him straight up for something not sure but i know he can be added into multi player deals i don't think.

Yeah.. I forgot about Knox.   I changed it up:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yac35qgu 

Let me tell you how everybody wins:

Fox will play well in Washington.  Right now Bradley and Dinwiddle doesn't coexist well. 

Sactown gets Bigs...

JJ and the picks we send can grow with the team.  They get cap relief with Dieng and Gallo (if they want it). 

We get Shooting.. but I see Dinwiddle as being big enough and defensive enough to play beside Trae and to be that guy who can run the offense with Trae on the floor. 

KCP is just a good 3&D guy... 

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

After watching the Minnesota game, I really want to run things with Trae / Hunter / JC / OO17

Instead of trading JC & Hunter for Simmons, I wish we could find a deal for a playmaking SG and keep that core 4 together.

I might contemplate starting Wright at the 2

Who says no -- us or SAS?

Bogi + CHA FRP (or OKCs, but I doubt that is enough) for Derrick White. I've wanted him to play alongside Trae for a couple of years now.

White's 3P% is down this year, but his career is roughly somewhere between 34-35%. I'd also plan on keeping at least 1 of Trae or him on the court at all times w/ staggered rotations. Could provide some playmaking without taking the ball away from Trae + Dre too much (USG a/b the same as Bogi). Also is used to playing off bench and/or off ball next to Murray already, so it won't be new. I think Delon playing w/ him is also a nice fit. Basically giving up shooting for playmaking/defense. 

Trae / White / Lou

White / Delon

Dre / Huerter

Collins / Gallo

Capella / OO

Would be a fun all-d lineup with White - Delon - Dre - Collins/Gallo - OO.  Perhaps this is a better move in the off-season since the backcourt may be a little crowded this year?

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

After watching the Minnesota game, I really want to run things with Trae / Hunter / JC / OO17

Instead of trading JC & Hunter for Simmons, I wish we could find a deal for a playmaking SG and keep that core 4 together.

This is where I wish we could give @Diesel idea to go after that OKC kid to put him at SG. We have enough shooting with Trae/Hunter/JC to make him a great fit for exactly that role.

• Like 1

Saw this trade on the interwebs so I'll just drop it here and get the reactions.  Thoughts?  

Memphis Grizzlies receive: John Collins, Gorgui Dieng

Atlanta Hawks receive: Jaren Jackson Jr., Kyle Anderson, 2024 first-round pick swap via Golden State

The author of the article that suggested the above trade makes the point that JC is more of a finished product and fits the "Win now" mentality that Memphis has found itself in given Ja's breakout season. Meanwhile, JJJ - to the author - has a higher ceiling and is a better rim protector than JC so he figures that fits better with Trae.  

Would this move the needle for any of y'all?  

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Saw this trade on the interwebs so I'll just drop it here and get the reactions.  Thoughts?  

Memphis Grizzlies receive: John Collins, Gorgui Dieng

Atlanta Hawks receive: Jaren Jackson Jr., Kyle Anderson, 2024 first-round pick swap via Golden State

The author of the article that suggested the above trade makes the point that JC is more of a finished product and fits the "Win now" mentality that Memphis has found itself in given Ja's breakout season. Meanwhile, JJJ - to the author - has a higher ceiling and is a better rim protector than JC so he figures that fits better with Trae.  

Would this move the needle for any of y'all?  

No.  I don't think either of those players is really very good.  I don't want to ship out the better talent. 

• Like 1