• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bucks "at" Hawks: the MLK Day Game!

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Threezus said:

Im not fully against a avg or so defender that you can hide on the 2nd worst offensive player as long as their offense is enough to make up for it some.  I look at it like this we are already getting absolutely nothing on defense from SG but if we can't land a true 2 way SG then give me a guy who can get tons of buckets to help keep the score close when trae is off. 

I see what you mean, but I think it's also a matter of cost. The question is not whether Huerter is better than Sexton (he probably isn't) the question is whether giving up a bunch of assets and then probably having to pay Sexton something close to a max deal is worth it. I don't think it is. 

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Threezus said:

How good is Collin Sextons offball game?  I know he can score pretty well in general but im not sure if thats mostly ball in his hand non stop like Trae or can he get his points off the ball as well and then take over some of the playmaking on ball when Trae is out of the game.   Also hos is his defense in general i don't know a super ton about him.

Not good in both instances.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Make it happen Schlenk!!! What are you waiting for? Some of those G-leaguer were out playing Bogdanovic!

Just seen this trade offer on the real gm forums would you be interested in it or is Caris not that good i don't know much about him.

Caris LeVert? Bogdanovic and Hornets protected first round pick for LeVert.

Hawks upgraded their shooting guard spot. Pacers acquired a solid player and a first round pick. Pacers will still be a mediocre team as they love to be known for.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Not good in both instances.

Thats what i needed to know then he probably isn't the answer we need a guy who can score offball for sure.    To me if we are going for a all out scorer with little defense next to trade then i say screw it and go ham for Beal you might as well get the best scorer you can get at that point lol. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Threezus said:

Just seen this trade offer on the real gm forums would you be interested in it or is Caris not that good i don't know much about him.

Hawks upgraded their shooting guard spot. Pacers acquired a solid player and a first round pick. Pacers will still be a mediocre team as they love to be known for.

I mean he's definitely an upgrade over Bogi atm. 

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

The problem is guys like you who don't watch the game,

I have season tickets and I've been to every game except 2.  That's why I'm not active in the home game threads.  I watch every other game on TV.

I also literally watch all the FGA on NBA.com after each game since I was introduced to the tool.  It helps remove bias getting all the plays in a row with no emotion attached.  It's especially useful when having conversations like this one.

And I'm not a prisoner of the moment -- it's possible to be excited and still have a logical rational take lol... just look at his defensive rating this year... 105.  Team best.  He shuts down elite centers... he can guard 3s and 4s as well.  He's athletic... he's already very good, it's O.K. to acknowledge that.   

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Threezus said:

LeVert can't shoot but he can drive. 

I don't know.  LeVert is kinda bog hoggerish.   I thought about him. 

I think I like Rookie Josh Giddey.   Better size... good attitude. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

I have season tickets and I've been to every game except 2.  That's why I'm not active in the home game threads.  I watch every other game on TV.

I also literally watch all the FGA on NBA.com after each game since I was introduced to the tool.  It helps remove bias getting all the plays in a row with no emotion attached.  It's especially useful when having conversations like this one.

And I'm not a prisoner of the moment -- it's possible to be excited and still have a logical rational take lol... just look at his defensive rating this year... 105.  Team best.  He shuts down elite centers... he can guard 3s and 4s as well.  He's athletic... he's already very good, it's O.K. to acknowledge that.   

Well if you're at the game.. How do you not notice that OO still needs work against other centers not name Giannis and Embiid?  He has a speed advantage on those guys.  He shuts down BIG Centers who can step out.   Just like Giannis, his speed allows him to take their goto moves away.   However, for some of those other guys he doesn't have it yet. 

• Like 1

Just now, Diesel said:

i know absolutely zero about Giddey i don't think i have ever even seen him play before.  Would have to trust your judgement on this one.  Looked at his stats and size just now and he is a sheet filler for sure.   6'8 SG is a big boy sorta like Cam was so hopefully that helps him on defense with that wing span.  I know it helps him on rebounds though 7+ assists and rebounds is a great addition to any team and 12 points isn't bad at all either on his 1st year in the league.   The guy shows legit triple double potential nightly and as he gets older and stronger that could be the norm for him.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

He's defnitely a usage player, but I think that's a need to be honest. We can stagger him in the second unit and let him create, plus when Trae get's tired or focused on defensively we have another guy that can create something out of nothing which is a need. I like Levert, I think it would be a net positive to switch Huerter for him. Definitely not the optimum three point threat though, that's the biggest downside.

19 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Right now, the only team that we can trade Huerter to is OKC.

and 

I don't know if there's any team that will accept Bogi.  Doubt he can pass a Physical. 

That's our SG story right now. 

We have to live with Huerter starting.. and sub him with Delon and Lou until Bogi gets back.. But defensively we will suffer.   I guess this is why Travis originally wanted Grimes. 

However, I would shoot over Kev + 1st for Josh Giddey. 

OKC would lol...

Just now, Diesel said:

Well if you're at the game.. How do you not notice that OO still needs work against other centers not name Giannis and Embiid?  He has a speed advantage on those guys.  He shuts down BIG Centers who can step out.   Just like Giannis, his speed allows him to take their goto moves away.   However, for some of those other guys he doesn't have it yet. 

Best thing about that is the other guys are the ones that are easier to control and handle with team defense and to learn how to handle as OO gets more experience.  The fact he can handle the elite players already which is impossible for other players to ever do is a huge plus.

• Like 2