• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bucks "at" Hawks: the MLK Day Game!

lethalweapon3

10 hours ago, Threezus said:

How good is Collin Sextons offball game?  I know he can score pretty well in general but im not sure if thats mostly ball in his hand non stop like Trae or can he get his points off the ball as well and then take over some of the playmaking on ball when Trae is out of the game.   Also hos is his defense in general i don't know a super ton about him.

Sexton was reportedly a cancer in the locker room and played selfish on the court. Alot of his teammates didn't like him. They became a really good team after he got hurt. That is what I read in various places. He was on the block prior to his injury and he is definitely on the block now for sure. 

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hope to see more of this aggression and quick decision making from Hunter

Defense got caught with their pants down around their ankles when Trae passed it.

They were like, "Ohsh*thepasseditwhaddowedoo??!"

They looked like us on d there all flat-footed with all the late-a** reachin' and no feet movin'.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hope to see more of this aggression and quick decision making from Hunter

He said in the postgame presser that he feels like he hasn't gotten his explosiveness back yet from the surgeries. Hopefully he gets back to 100% cause we need him to take shots like that consistently.

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And can we just get Grayson Allen outta the league before he injures somebody?

That punka** 2-hand shove to Gallo's back was yet another bush league play by that smarmy, punch-face bahstid.

Hate guys who make their bones by injuring and threatening others with injuries.  I get why a coach might like the opposition to be playing in fear but I don't wish our biggest rival to have people injured Delladova style.  Bush league is a nice way to describe it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Great win.   Only thing i'll say is if Kev doesn't get more aggressive i'm going to lose my mind.

True but that one awful turnover he ran himself into made me ..

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e4719f5kj2hbu3ayow5q8

Things I never need to see again include Collins "guarding" Giannis.  He got big boi'd a couple times that had me ...

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47fxhdn4dcxjpkd5an5zo

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, JTB said:

I hope not to be viewed negatively but despite this very nice win I still saw plenty of the same issues in this game.

defense is all about great effort sometimes and lately the defense has been better due to more effort and energy. Communication still need to improve however as a team.

offensively still the same issue when Trae leaves the court but gallo saved us or kept us from drowning. Gallo performing like that isn’t going to happen every night ….Trae is still the only one who can consistently break down a defense to either score or create for others. Hunters handles are too shaky and he need to focus more on making his 1 move and go…he did great attacking tonight  but I’m not sure we can count on that every game.

im not trying to be negative it’s a great win but I still believe moves need to be made major or small 

You don't always need offense to win especially on your 2nd unit.  You can win with defense.  I have absolutely no problem with Delon wright, Huerter, Gallo and Okongwu 2nd unit.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Shots taken by our starting Wings. 

What I like were the number of shot attempts they each had in this game.  Just need to hit at higher clip.

Hunter - 17 shots

Video and Shotcharts | Stats | NBA.com

Huerter - 15 shots

Video and Shotcharts | Stats | NBA.com

Offense and shot making are great!  If it were as simple as just make your shots fool then every team could potentially win.  Winning consistently requires playing smart and dominating the paint of offense and defense.  Ain't nothing wrong with winning ugly.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

And can we just get Grayson Allen outta the league before he injures somebody?

That punka** 2-hand shove to Gallo's back was yet another bush league play by that smarmy, punch-face bahstid.

He did the same kind of thing to Hunter before Hunter dropped that shot. 

• Like 2

Some complain about Kevin, but if you've been paying attention over the last couple of seasons, Kevin is really clutch.  When we need a big shot even when he's having a bad game he normally comes through.  He hit a big three and a floater in the lane to help keep the lead in the 4th. 

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Offense and shot making are great!  If it were as simple as just make your shots fool then every team could potentially win.  Winning consistently requires playing smart and dominating the paint of offense and defense.  Ain't nothing wrong with winning ugly.

I think @JayBirdHawk is pointing out that our wings were much more involved in this game. 

It is good to win ugly. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Some complain about Kevin, but if you've been paying attention over the last couple of seasons, Kevin is really clutch.  When we need a big shot even when he's having a bad game he normally comes through.  He hit a big three and a floater in the lane to help keep the lead in the 4th. 

Kev is a keeper. You just want consistency from him. You can deal with the inconsistency if he remains a bench player though.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I think @JayBirdHawk is pointing out that our wings were much more involved in this game. 

It is good to win ugly. 

The wings really weren't the story at all in this game.  This game was determined by the bigs and how they controlled the game inside

• Like 1