• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bucks "at" Hawks: the MLK Day Game!

lethalweapon3

The entire conversation was about jaybird's post where she was responding to the wings getting more involved.

Your response, the bigs were the reason for the win. That had nothing to do with why she made the post....nuance. 

I explained that to you.  You come back with, "why does Kevin need to be shooting more? He's terrible." Again no one was talking about how good or bad Kevin was. 

[Keep the focus on the post, not the poster] - AHF

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, marco102 said:

The entire conversation was about jaybird's post where she was responding to the wings getting more involved.

Your response, the bigs were the reason for the win. That had nothing to do with why she made the post....nuance. 

I explained that to you.  You come back with, "why does Kevin need to be shooting more? He's terrible." Again no one was talking about how good or bad Kevin was. 

1st of all,  My point was the game was not determined by how many shots Kevin put up.  I don't care how many shot Kevin put up...He doesn't determine wins and loses.   You said Kevin needs to be more aggressive.  My answer was he isn't good enough to be more aggressive ad reasoning is when he is, he screws up more than he helps.  But anyway, You have concluded that I hate him anyway so this is a moot discussion.

Just now, Peoriabird said:

1st of all,  My point was the game was not determined by how many shots Kevin put up.  I don't care how many shot Kevin put up...He doesn't determine wins and loses.   You said Kevin needs to be more aggressive.  My answer was he isn't good enough to be more aggressive ad reasoning is when he is, he screws up more than he helps.  But anyway, You have concluded that I hate him anyway so this is a moot discussion.

Read again.  I never said Kevin needed to be more aggressive.  Someone said Kevin wasn't aggressive and jaybird's post was to show that the wings were involved. 

How you got to your conclusion is your personal story.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

You said Kevin needs to be more aggressive.  My answer was he isn't good enough to be more aggressive ad reasoning is when he is, he screws up more than he helps. 

I kind of somewhat sparingly agree here to a certain degree, I want him to be aggressive, just off ball. 😂 

Huerter being more aggressive doesn’t necessarily mean more shots for him, does it? 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Not sure what this means. 

Jay's post was in response to someone saying that Kev needs to be more aggressive.  She posted that to show both he and Dre were aggressive as far as shot attempts.  Dre's defense was pretty good and both of them rebounded well with Kevin having 8 and Dre having 9. 

Pay attention to the underline phrase

Pay attention to the underline phrase

What conversation are we having?  

I never SAID Kevin needs to be more aggressive.  Someone else said he WASN'T aggressive.  

How is me explaining why JayBird posted something equate to me saying someone needs to be aggressive?

This is me saying I'm okay with Kevin being aggressive. However, no where did I say that before.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

People write it all off as just ticky-tack things ... until somebody gets hurt then they'll be all up in arms. How about we get rid of him now before something happens?

Unfortunately, it looks like it's going to take somebody getting hurt. Allen has had the same rep since college and not much has been done about it so far at the NBA level. At least the NCAA was on to him right away and suspended him for his antics. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

@marco102

@Peoriabird

@shakes

Just caught up on this and removed the race references which brought less than nothing to this discussion.  Tried to keep in the actual basketball related parts of your posts.  Please keep it on the posts and the basketball here on Homecourt and not other posters or race issues.  Please PM if I messed anything up in the cleanup.

Let's play nice with each other.

I didn't bring up race!  I was accused of racial bias.

• Moderators

I didn't bring up race!  I was accused of racial bias.

I didn't say you brought up race.  Your posts were removed or edited that became involved in that discussion and so I wanted to flag that in case you thought I took out any legit content from what you posted.

Marco brought race into the discussion on the thread and I'm asking that we keep it out -- particularly where it is so obviously irrelevant to the actual basketball discussion you guys are having on the role of our bigs and wings.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

I didn't say you brought up race.  Your posts were removed or edited that became involved in that discussion and so I wanted to flag that in case you thought I took out any legit content from what you posted.

Marco brought race into the discussion on the thread and I'm asking that we keep it out -- particularly where it is so obviously irrelevant to the actual basketball discussion you guys are having on the role of our bigs and wings.

I can't accept this.  Only one person introduced this topic.  There was no we involved.  This should be directed at Marco and Marco only.  No one else has done this in recent memory

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

But that was part of the problem.  They never truly punished him.  Guy played in every game that mattered.  The suspension was a farce which, for any sociopath, worked to reassure him that he's above 'the law' (for lack of a better description).

Hated him then and hate him now. He’s a smug dirty lil bastid as you stated, a bigger less tactical Delly, or more tactical they are both dirty as hell!

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I can't accept this.  Only one person introduced this topic.  There was no we involved.  This should be directed at Marco and Marco only.  No one else has done this in recent memory

Please reread my post about why you were listed.  

The we statement applies to everyone on this board including me, bleach, Supes, lethal, etc.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Hated him then and hate him now. He’s a smug dirty lil bastid as you stated, a bigger less tactical Delly, or more tactical they are both dirty as hell!

Would Grayson check Scurry when they play the Warriors? :eyebrow: (asking for a friend not named spud)… :ninja:

• Haha 1