• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bucks "at" Hawks: the MLK Day Game!

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I also like Giddey. He really is Ben-ish: pass, defend, board a little and not the greatest shooter but still far better than Ben at shooting. He's also not Ben's freaking size/wing span but the cost to get Giddey would be way lower. If OKC is willing to move him ofc.

Thing is that they have SGA and Dort on the 1s and 2s.   Those guys are keepers.  Giddy can be their 3... but he's not a shooter.   They can have a shot at one of the coveted PFs in this draft and TyTy Washington.  I know they got picks so that might not mean anything to them... but maybe a future pick will.  Because if they get a guy like TyTy Washington, it will be hard placing Giddy.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Delon provides the defense we usually lack in Trae lineups. Offensively it's not ideal, though I will give Delon credit because he is taking the shots without hesitation lately and has been making big ones fairly consistently. I think Levert is a better fit as he is an ISO player so if you play him next to Trae you can run sets for Levert that will force teams to cover him one on one where he feasts or help out and potentially leave Trae open for three where he feasts. I think it's the second unit lineups where Levert could really shine. We have a lot of capable shooters in the second unit, but no guys that can create shots for them Levert is that guy. 

Yeah...  This is part of my problem with him.  He is an Iso player and he doesn't really shoot well from deep ... or midrange.   He has one of the herky jerkiest games that I have seen and makes a lot of circus shots.   But that's beside the point.  The point is that as soon as the ball rotates to him.... it doesn't come out.   That kills ball movement and player movement.   He's no IsoJoe.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I also like Giddey. He really is Ben-ish: pass, defend, board a little and not the greatest shooter but still far better than Ben at shooting. He's also not Ben's freaking size/wing span but the cost to get Giddey would be way lower. If OKC is willing to move him ofc.

They love Giddey in OKC.. Theyd give up SGA before Giddey.. Giddey is younger and alot cheaper... lol

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Yeah...  This is part of my problem with him.  He is an Iso player and he doesn't really shoot well from deep ... or midrange.   He has one of the herky jerkiest games that I have seen and makes a lot of circus shots.   But that's beside the point.  The point is that as soon as the ball rotates to him.... it doesn't come out.   That kills ball movement and player movement.   He's no IsoJoe.

Yep, that type of play is alright on the second unit but you wouldn't want him with the starters

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

The thing is I don't think we could get Bogi for Levert even if we attached a first. I could see Huerter + crappy first, and then you are sacrificing some of the chemistry for a better producing player, so I don't think it's a slam dunk. 

Levert has had his own injury concerns. He's played 30 games this year, Bogi has played 28. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Sigh... since you brought up Mitchell Robinson as evidence, and I did not remember OO getting cooked by Robinson: https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?ContextMeasure=FGA&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0022100643&PlayerID=1629011&RangeType=0&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Regular Season&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612752&flag=3&sct=plot&section=game

Just click that and watch... 

• Made oop on Gorgui Deng
  • The only shot he made "on Okongwu" because OO had to help on Randle because Hunter doesn't sell the offensive foul and gets bodied all the way to the paint
  • Missed dunk on OO (possibly a block, cant tell)
  • Heurter strips a shot
  • Robinson outmuscles JC and Dieng for a putback dunk
  • Okongwu gets screened off Mitchell and no one switches
  • Dunks on JC

None of this is accurately described by the below quote.  The best you can really argue is he didn't communicate well on a switch or shouldn't have helped on Randle... I'm not arguing he doesn't make mistakes but I just thought that was too rich coming from someone who just told me I don't watch the games

Last thing, Robinson had 5 offensive boards and zero came with OO on the court.  It was Dieng he was sonning all night, not OO.

Don't skip the obvious...

Notice when OO was on the floor, Robinson would run behind him, get to the basket and wait for the Alley opp.   All it takes then is for somebody like Randle to drive.. and dish.  

As I said before,  somebody needs to tell OO that he's a 7 foot rim protector.   He knows that against the Big bigs because he's the only player that we have to match up with them and because their game is based on getting the ball outside and coming down hill, that works well for OO.   It's those lesser center like Robinson who can move when we're setting up and get behind OO and get the ball at the goal. 

Like I said.. it's going to change.  He will get it.   Some of it is because of scheme.   We  found success with the zone defense and the second squad.  That's a zone buster.. especially when you have somebody like Randle who can score so many ways and draw attention.   But he will learn how to stop that too.  I see OO as our Alonzo Morning.. but not yet. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, aali34 said:

It was a quick back and forth but here you go.

They started talking about Deandre Hunter and Chuck said he needs to be the second best player on the team for us to succeed, now more-so since we kept him over Reddish.

Kenny mentioned how he was confused that the Hawks gave up on him.

Ernie points out that he requested to be traded.

Chuck says that they should have given him more minutes if they wanted to keep him.

Ernie says that he requested to be traded over the offseason.

Chuck says he's not good enough to request anything and that if Kenny wanted to move to TruTV they would just ignore him.

That’s awesome thank you for the recap 😂 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, terrell said:

They love Giddey in OKC.. Theyd give up SGA before Giddey.. Giddey is younger and alot cheaper... lol

You Crazy GIFs | Tenor

I don't doubt that they like him... BUT SGA???  Comeon man.  He's the best player since KD...  He's going nowhere.  I heard that there were three brinks trucks heading to OKC.... They had SGA's name on it and a key to the city.   And the deed to KD's restuarant.  And anything of Value that Westbrook had in OKC.

• Haha 1