• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bucks "at" Hawks: the MLK Day Game!

lethalweapon3

27 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The only thing I will concede is that the team desperately needs a starting 2 guard. Lord is Huerter slow! Can't the Hawks at least find a defensive 2 without offense?

K’Von was team high +19 tonight. 3-7 from deep too. We play much better when he starts at the 2. But I’m not gonna complain if we trade for an Allstar SG 😉

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If they're going to double him like that, he has no choice but to trust his guys.  The passes he made to Huerter, Hunter, and Okongwu were outstanding in the 4th quarter.

Yeah I just saw the pass to OO.. No way Capela catches and finishes that.. lol

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This is a must.  Nate can't be married to OO just playing backup center to Capela. 

Depending on the lineups, he can play both together, or Capela's minutes can be reduced to play Okongwu more, especially if his game impact is greater than Capela's.

Hawks don't have to play a small ball 4 ever!!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, hazer said:

K’Von was team high +19 tonight. 3-7 from deep too. We play much better when he starts at the 2. But I’m not gonna complain if we trade for an Allstar SG 😉

Good Lord..you guys will say anything after a win...Huerter was contantly getting beat like a drum

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, hazer said:

This must be stat watching.  Kev sucked for most of the game.  4th quarter, he made some good decisions.  His defense was faulty most of the game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, hawkman said:

No threes though. Just get a nice, dependable midrange jumper like Horf had when he was here. 

I'd like that too. I just want to see what he and Capela can do together on the court without them clogging the lanes on offense. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Who in H-ll would trade you anything for Bogi???

I think he could be had and honestly other fans around the league still like him.  Their are 29 other teams out there and my friend it only takes 1 GM and team still liking him to offer something.  Also he could be a addition to a trade to make salary matches for a team.  I personally don't think he is great value but i don't think he is complete trash value either based on how he has been viewed around the league over the years.  Someone might think they can get more out of him or get him back on last years effort / production if they think the hawks are not right for him now.     Now with that said how the hell did you only get out of all that i would just move Bogi and not huerter or other pieces in trades lol.  Bogi could very well stay and be our 6th man behind the new SG if Huerter is moved as well.

• Premium Member
Just now, Threezus said:

I think he could be had and honestly other fans around the league still like him.  Their are 29 other teams out there and my friend it only takes 1 GM and team still liking him to offer something.  Also he could be a addition to a trade to make salary matches for a team.  I personally don't think he is great value but i don't think he is complete trash value either based on how he has been viewed around the league over the years.  Someone might think they can get more out of him or get him back on last years effort / production if they think the hawks are not right for him now.     Now with that said how the hell did you only get out of all that i would just move Bogi and not huerter or other pieces in trades lol.  Bogi could very well stay and be our 6th man behind the new SG if Huerter is moved as well.

Issue with Bogi is his knee has been a problem the last two years. He missed a bunch of time last year because of it, it gave him trouble in the playoffs and he really hasn't looked like himself physically at all this year when he's played. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You actually missed Trae making all of the right plays in the 4th quarter.  Even @Hawkmoor complimented Trae, so you know he had to be playing well at the end of the game.

Just finished the 4th qtr..

Trae initiating offensive actions with 10-12 seconds on the clock rather than 5 made a massive difference in the overall execution down the stretch... Compare that with the close to the Miami game. Not like everything was perfect today, but the overall quality of shots were so much better.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Threezus said:

He has a negative contract which might require assets to be attached to him to make him tradeable

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Issue with Bogi is his knee has been a problem the last two years. He missed a bunch of time last year because of it, it gave him trouble in the playoffs and he really hasn't looked like himself physically at all this year when he's played. 

He might have permanently wrecked it in the playoffs.

Just now, Peoriabird said:

He has a negative contract which might require assets to be attached to him to make him tradeable

That has been said many of times over the years and then 1 random dumb GM takes on that contract for no reason don't act like it can't happen the Hawks have made similar dumb decisions over the years we all complained about and we damn sure didn't want the player or the contract coming back we got.