• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Timberwolves at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think he got 3 years and 19 million per on his contract.  Bogi for Gordon Straight up works... BUT...

1.  What would Houston Say?

2.  Age..  

3.  Height...

I guess he has been working against 3 his whole career.   I just don't want to show up with two 6'0 guards trying to guard SGA and Giddey.

Um, do you look up info before you post? Eric Gordon is 6'3" and built like a linebacker. His guaranteed money only goes through the 22-23 season. He is kinda old at 33 but who cares he's having the most efficient season of his career. 

Im kinda hoping Nate doesnt force Bogi and CC back into the starting lineup...

Dont forget about "minute restrictions" all of a sudden.. lol

BRING THEM ALONG SLOWLY... 

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Im kinda hoping Nate doesnt force Bogi and CC back into the starting lineup...

Dont forget about "minute restrictions" all of a sudden.. lol

BRING THEM ALONG SLOWLY... 

Thing about Bogi is he cant play hurt. If he's not 100% dont bother, he will go 1-9 from three. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I remember Kevin was sold to us as the next Klay...

So much for that.   Somebody get Kev on the practice court and tell him to not stop shooting those side threes until he hits 10 in a row.  I'm so tired of him missing wide open (nobody around) three pointers.  I don't care if he can drive.  I don't care about anything else... Just NAIL the wide open threes...

His on ball defense tonight was horrendous as usual. He got beat off the dribble. He was weak getting back into plays on the pnr. He fouled a lot. His help defense was solid though..  Offensively, he's a good ballhandler, and passer. Made solid reads, and moved the ball well tonight. Also scored enough to be a threat, even though he and Hunter missed some wide open 3’s that could have killed the game earlier..

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Thing about Bogi is he cant play hurt. If he's not 100% dont bother, he will go 1-9 from three. 

Guarantee you when hes available Nate will force him back in to the starting lineup.. Thats just how Nate rolls........He loves his vets......To a fault....

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Um, do you look up info before you post? Eric Gordon is 6'3" and built like a linebacker. His guaranteed money only goes through the 22-23 season. He is kinda old at 33 but who cares he's having the most efficient season of his career. 

No.  I don't look up.  I've got giddy win vibes right now.

But.  I don't know what Trae is listed but he feels like 5'11".   But I will give him 6'0". 

Him and Gordon (even at 6'3" is going to be two short guys defending the backcourt positions. 

Just in our division:

LeMelo Ball = 6'7"

Cole Anthony = 6'3"

Spencer Dinwiddle = 6'6"

Kyle Lowery = 6'0"

Those are just the PGs that we would have to face.   Normally, we can switch Trae off to the closest non-shooter but some of these guys can shoot over Trae and Gordon's head.  But like I said, Gordon has dealt with this his whole career. so maybe it's a non-issue. 

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Guarantee you when hes available Nate will force him back in to the starting lineup.. Thats just how Nate rolls........He loves his vets......To a fault....

Bogi has throughout his career been better the second half of the season. Good Bogi is actually really good. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

This. This times a thousand. I love Bogi. When he's healthy he's such a good starter for us. But when he's hurt...no. Just God no leave the man on the bench until he's fully healthy. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

Absolutely!  And big O had an amazing game!!  Awesome game, loved the way we adjusted in the second half and continued to play hard

BIG O: 7 points on 7 shots, 5 blocks, a team high +20, and residency in KATs head

Yes, he did. Our defense in the third quarter is what I want to bottle up. I think we held them just from memory to 21 points in the quarter. The effort was so clearly picked up in the second half on our defense watching the game live. 

Those who watched at home: what the hell did Ant say to the ref to get that quick of a hook? Did he go the "Bull Durham" route of using that one word that will always get you kicked out?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Yes, he did. Our defense in the third quarter is what I want to bottle up. I think we held them just from memory to 21 points in the quarter. The effort was so clearly picked up in the second half on our defense watching the game live. 

Those who watched at home: what the hell did Ant say to the ref to get that quick of a hook? Did he go the "Bull Durham" route of using that one word that will always get you kicked out?

Before this Big O goes to far....

Can we get use to saying Double O. 

I'm old school  Big O is this guy.

The Big O" Oscar Robinson | Oscar robertson, Basketball legends, Basketball  players nba

Even if he wasn't that Big. 

It was Big O and Big Lew. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Ya I think he said something like..

THAT WAS A F$CKING FOUL F&CKKK!! :sarcastic:

Then his fan or family member watched him exit. 

9EF258BC-243C-4497-847D-4C1BF3A3C8D4.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The Big O" Oscar Robinson | Oscar robertson, Basketball legends, Basketball  players nba

Wait, what? I didn't call him that. I never would call him that. Big O is and will always be Oscar Robertson. I call him Double OO and from the section I was in that was the accepted name everyone else was using as well.

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya I think he said something like..

THAT WAS A F$CKING FOUL F&CKKK!! :sarcastic:

Then his fan or family member watched him exit. 

9EF258BC-243C-4497-847D-4C1BF3A3C8D4.jpeg

When he got kicked there was one Minnesota fan that stood up and started cussing the refs out like crazy and then turned around and left never to come back. It was some half crazed looking bearded white guy.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

When he got kicked there was one Minnesota fan that stood up and started cussing the refs out like crazy and then turned around and left never to come back. It was some half crazed looking bearded white guy.

image.gif.625b04211c5bc301eb4d72c5a2a3141e.gif

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

image.gif.625b04211c5bc301eb4d72c5a2a3141e.gif

He was like those...what are they called, hipsters? kinda looking guy but yeah he lost it when Ant got tossed.

I also went to the Hawks store and got some cool stuff. A new yellow Hawks hat, city edition t shirt, hoodie with the yellow hawks pac man on it, city edition socks too. Those look so good. I couldn't resist. 

Btw if any of you guys or gals want a city edition jersey of players other than Trae they had a lot for sale in the arena store. 

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Wasn’t me.. who runs this? Sturt is gonna be upset. They mentioned medium O as .. the B word. 🤦‍♀️ 

2F6443C9-B865-486A-B44C-48A0B8F141A6.jpeg

• Haha 1