• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Raptors at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

Think about Trae's statline tonight....

41/11/4/1/1  on 70% Shooting from the field.   25% on three..  1 out of 4.

He played a very mature game tonight.   He took what they were giving him.   It was like he took over the Point god spirit from CP3. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Delving a little into Knox's numbers historically. Good lord, how is he in the NBA? Been well below replacement level his entire career. Any of the 15 day randos we were bringing in is better. TLC is better. Why is he getting minutes?

Building his trade value. Before we buy him out. 

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Precious playin like his #1 fan watching. 

@Spud2nique, your ears ringing?

I was watching the game early on and thinking the one guy had had little info on in the draft and my sidekick kg says ban the guys off the polls.. his dunk had me side eyein you. Even Nique and Bob were stunned.

• Haha 1

Just finished the game. Trae was feelin himself tonight. I was a bit worried when the Raps made those early runs in the 1st and early 2nd but it was ours after that.

Career best 17 FGM for Trae.  41/11 and mittening up.

OO 17/7/3 on 6-6 I LOVE MY BOY! @kg01 That dunk (pic below) was a couple of OUR… :indifferent: Prospects in the 2020 draft.. one blocking the other.. :smile:

Gallo didn’t play well but the pass to OO under the hoop is a play that stood out to me; good find Stallion.

Skylar Mays with the throw down!!! EEEEEKKK!!! He was mad! 

Fun night. MVP Trae. 22nd 40 point game of his career; 3rd youngest (Mike, Bron)

LETS GET THE CELTS! 

Go Hawks!

E2143712-5D21-4A58-AFF2-8BF7B078C4B5.jpeg

E16A14C4-B4C2-4072-BED0-0FE88485366B.png

203BF4CE-B72A-4440-9CE3-AFE95957B4E4.png

64648406-BD2D-4526-B331-402C24829BC5.png

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Nice game thread lw3! Go Hawks! 

ps My nephew saw a photo and said IS THAT DWAYNE JOHNSON.. 🤦‍♀️ 

Hawks by a million on 2K.

pps what are these lil cushion NBA foam things? How come Durant and Zion same size.. 🤔 

88D9B5BB-28B1-42F4-9F20-0571849995F5.jpeg

7133866D-941A-40BF-8193-9B94D27A9FD5.jpeg

1F2B9982-6B9C-42BC-A7A2-75B44ECC1859.jpeg

82462EDA-4FC9-425B-A834-833420F06FEE.jpeg

4786CAD8-E847-49F1-81A3-E062A817C7E4.jpeg

4AB89476-35E9-418C-9A60-71A72753970B.jpeg

4F781BF1-5578-442D-B56E-DA2323DC599D.jpeg

Wow, Trae did better in real life than I could do with him in a video game 🎮. That boy is straight up unbelievable.. I’m just in awe of that young man. 

B82577FF-7FB0-4C54-AE5E-A28B025AE457.jpeg

8CEF9BB1-9215-4338-BFBD-9E9128A3589E.jpeg

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae puts up so many of these high level games, that the Hawks fan base is started to take this kind of greatness for granted.

This is my take.  Hawks fans (especially the Haters) don't realize just what we have in Trae.  He's more than just an allstar PG like Teague.  He's a SUPERSTAR.  The other day somebody said don't mention Trae in the same conversation as Lebron and Kobe...

I don't have to.... History will:

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Diesel said:

This is my take.  Hawks fans (especially the Haters) don't realize just what we have in Trae.  He's more than just an allstar PG like Teague.  He's a SUPERSTAR.  The other day somebody said don't mention Trae in the same conversation as Lebron and Kobe...

I don't have to.... History will:

Generational talent. Just needs the right pieces around him.

It’s funny how coach Nathaniel can’t give OO compliments without saying something like “all our bigs did well.” Or “CC did great, too”..

Sarah asked him specifically about Onyeka after the game, and he waffled into a general comment about team play, rather than answer the question. I found it odd and irritating.....

Whats up with Nate and young players??? smh

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I was watching the game early on and thinking the one guy had had little info on in the draft and my sidekick kg says ban the guys off the polls.. his dunk had me side eyein you. Even Nique and Bob were stunned.

Precious Achiuwa this season is 5/6 from 3 against the Hawks and 13/55 (23.6%) from 3 against everyone else. Coincidence?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, terrell said:

It’s funny how coach Nathaniel can’t give OO compliments without saying something like “all our bigs did well.” Or “CC did great, too”..

Sarah asked him specifically about Onyeka after the game, and he waffled into a general comment about team play, rather than answer the question. I found it odd and irritating.....

Whats up with Nate and young players??? smh

I notice this too. I hate this mindset from former NBA players turned coach. They always feel the need to go out of their way to hold younger players to a different level of accountability, just because they went through the same thing.

Im sure Clint runs circles around OO in the film room and with X’s and O’s. But even a blind pig can see Clint has regressed a step this season and OO has taken a huge leap. Mistakes and all. The gap between their on court play is not that big, and some nights outright favors OO. 

Its a good problem to have when your backup is pushing your starter for more minutes. Nate is trying to pacify Clint a little too much and just needs to let OO get his due praise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I notice this too. I hate this mindset from former NBA players turned coach. They always feel the need to go out of their way to hold younger players to a different level of accountability, just because they went through the same thing.

Im sure Clint runs circles around OO in the film room and with X’s and O’s. But even a blind pig can see Clint has regressed a step this season and OO has taken a huge leap. Mistakes and all. The gap between their on court play is not that big, and some nights outright favors OO. 

Its a good problem to have when your backup is pushing your starter for more minutes. Nate is trying to pacify Clint a little too much and just needs to let OO get his due praise.

It's the old school "you gotta pay your dues" crap. Just play the best guys, whether it's a rookie or a 12 year vet. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

It's the old school "you gotta pay your dues" crap. Just play the best guys, whether it's a rookie or a 12 year vet. 

Facts. I just want to win man. Sometimes CC has the matchup going in his favor, sometimes OO has a little extra juice that night. Ride the best matchup, and give OO his credit when its his night.

Im starting to think Nate is hearing more chatter behind the scenes from people around team advocating for OO.

Its the only reason he would get so defensive whenever the media brings him up. I don’t see anyone claiming OO should start or to get rid of Clint to open up minutes. Everyone is just generally excited that our #6 overall pick sophmore is looking like a damn good NBA player, which is what you would want. So whats the big deal to give him praise coach?

Edited by RedDawg#8

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, hylndr11 said:

Jordan and bron play defense though.  Not hating just perspective, let's has it

IF Defense really meant that much, then Deke would be on the Greatest 75 team... But he's not. 

The goalpost for Superstar leans toward the offensive side of the board.  PLUS  Lebron's defense is Overrated.  Just because he can get a run down Block... that doesn't mean he's a great defender.   It means he's a great athlete. 

Plus.. 

Dont Doubt The MITTEN!!

• Confused 1