• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

Philly downs Cleveland. We are one back of 6th. 

This game Tuesday against Toronto is huge.  Toronto is playing great basketball too.  Toronto will be tougher to beat than Miami imo. 

No. We are 1.5 games back of 7th and 4 games back of 6th. Come on man, you're an accountant.

Edited by bleachkit
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, thecampster said:

Standings in the East mean nothing this year.  You can't trust record 1 bit.

There are real teams and there are pretenders...

Real:

Milwaukee, Toronto, Boston, Us.

Pretenders:

Cleveland, Chicago

Don't know for sure:

Charlotte.  Philly. Brooklyn.  Miami

No doubt  Milwaukee is the realest. I would rather not face them in the first round.  If we can get the 7th seed and play the 7 vs. 8 game vs. Cleveland... We can win and hopefully play Boston.   Of all the matchups, that would be the best for us. I don't want to see Milwaukee or Philly in the first round. 

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Good to know, I'll just talk numbers with MARCO moving forward 

Eggscuuuse me?

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47i64mhfskcxziimky28

So you're tryna say you can't talk nimbers with the rest of us?

9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Don’t forget @benhillboy. I’m not sure if he’s an accountant but he did spend the night at a Holiday Inn 🏨 :indifferent:

Hey, don't let supes get away with that low-key jab at us.  I know nimbers!  But that means I know which ones not to trust.

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47wqsl8vuspt8hdmr560j

Now, science?  Y'all can keep that science stuff

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47m0j5ch9cwi3j0jq4ogb

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Hey, don't let supes get away with that low-key jab at us.  I know nimbers!

Subtle humor like Jack Paar. Believe you me, didn’t go unnoticed. There’s gonna be hell mister..

- 1940’s Spud :indifferent:

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Yea I am good when the facing anyone in the first outside of Philly and Milwaukee. Not interested in facing either of the two players that are top three in the NBA this year. I know they've been the best team in the East the last several months but I would love, love, love a first round series against Boston. (Despite the  hosing we'll see on officiating) 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yea I am good when the facing anyone in the first outside of Philly and Milwaukee. Not interested in facing either of the two players that are top three in the NBA this year. I know they've been the best team in the East the last several months but I would love, love, love a first round series against Boston. (Despite the  hosing we'll see on officiating) 

PHI doesn't scare me.  Like, at all.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Milwaukee is the one to avoid. Giannis, Middleton, Holiday. That is a tough trio. Completely skill sets, and all capable defenders. Bud is a also a solid coach, he's pretty good at making in game adjustments. With Giannis hitting his FTs now, good luck beating them in a series.

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 4/2/2022 at 10:56 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

People don't realize that Durant is a CAREER 50% FG - 38% 3FG - 88% FT shooter.  And a lot of his shots are contested 2s and 3s off the dribble. 

Dude tears his achilles, and has had 2 of his best seasons ever.

He is amazing but the way I would compare them I think has to factor in the rules of the era.  Can you imagine how different Jordan would have been in an era where they couldn't handcheck him repeatedly like the Pistons used to do?  This is a much easier era for perimeter players and the game has evolved so everyone is more efficient (particularly with more focus and development on 3pt shooting).  Got to have some appreciation for how these guys perform relative to their era and recognize that just because Luke Kennard has a higher 3pt% doesn't necessarily mean he is a better shooter than Reggie Miller.

Durant plays in an era where the best perimeter players fairly routinely achieve both high scoring volume and high efficiency on that scoring because of rule changes made to make offense easier and because of the evolution of the game to put more emphasis on offensive efficiency.  Durant would not have been able to put up the same numbers in the early 90s that he can today but still would have been great.  Jordan would have put up bigger numbers today even if all he did was focus on driving to the basket.  He was significantly harder to stop in that regard than LeBron but had more obstacles in his path than the contract-free era of the last decade (even factoring in how many superstar calls Jordan could get).

Got to factor in the differences in the era when you dig into the numbers.

Personally, I lean Jordan in this comparison but Durant is a true GREAT talent.  An All-Time great.  I just don't think it was even a little bit comparable as far as how easy it is for an offensive perimeter player to be standout efficient between those two eras.  In Jordan's era, your top perimeter TS% guys were usually smaller volume guys like John Stockton, Magic Johnson, Mark Price, etc. (i.e., guys who are a bit more comparable to someone like Mikal Bridges or Chris Paul) because if those guys started shooting at the volumes that guys like Curry, Durant, etc. shoot at in this era they would get schemed  into much worse shooting opportunities where they were going to be grabbed, hit, and pushed without fouls coming to the rescue like in this era.  In my mind, there is no doubt the removal of hand checking rules has led to the proliferation of high scoring, high efficiency guards in particular but it applies to perimeter players of all stripes.

Good change for the aesthetics of the game for sure, imo.  And a change I'm very glad is in place for our young superstar.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AHF said:

He is amazing but the way I would compare them I think has to factor in the rules of the era.  Can you imagine how different Jordan would have been in an era where they couldn't handcheck him repeatedly like the Pistons used to do?  This is a much easier era for perimeter players and the game has evolved so everyone is more efficient (particularly with more focus and development on 3pt shooting).  Got to have some appreciation for how these guys perform relative to their era and recognize that just because Luke Kennard has a higher 3pt% doesn't necessarily mean he is a better shooter than Reggie Miller.

Durant plays in an era where the best perimeter players fairly routinely achieve both high scoring volume and high efficiency on that scoring because of rule changes made to make offense easier and because of the evolution of the game to put more emphasis on offensive efficiency.  Durant would not have been able to put up the same numbers in the early 90s that he can today but still would have been great.  Jordan would have put up bigger numbers today even if all he did was focus on driving to the basket.  He was significantly harder to stop in that regard than LeBron but had more obstacles in his path than the contract-free era of the last decade (even factoring in how many superstar calls Jordan could get).

Got to factor in the differences in the era when you dig into the numbers.

Personally, I lean Jordan in this comparison but Durant is a true GREAT talent.  An All-Time great.  I just don't think it was even a little bit comparable as far as how easy it is for an offensive perimeter player to be standout efficient between those two eras.  In Jordan's era, your top perimeter TS% guys were usually smaller volume guys like John Stockton, Magic Johnson, Mark Price, etc. (i.e., guys who are a bit more comparable to someone like Mikal Bridges or Chris Paul) because if those guys started shooting at the volumes that guys like Curry, Durant, etc. shoot at in this era they would get schemed  into much worse shooting opportunities where they were going to be grabbed, hit, and pushed without fouls coming to the rescue like in this era.  In my mind, there is no doubt the removal of hand checking rules has led to the proliferation of high scoring, high efficiency guards in particular but it applies to perimeter players of all stripes.

Good change for the aesthetics of the game for sure, imo.  And a change I'm very glad is in place for our young superstar.

Naw, it's much easier back then than now. Zone and schemed up defenses to load up on one player is much harder to score against. Hand checking ain't doing shit to no elite scorer. You think hand checking doing shit to Trae. He gonna try to break your ankles or put the ball between your legs 

I usually agree with you but you sound like an old man in the woods on this one.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Haha 1

The NBA allows hand checking in the playoffs. I remember Conley v. Paul in those LAC v. Memphis matches and it was a hand check clinic. Paul tried it a few years later to Steph and got put on stakes like he was Michelle Kwan. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

This would be the 2-7 game that would put us in a good space.   I think we can take them in 5.. even with the refs riding their collective jocks.