• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official PLAY-IN Game Thread: Hornets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

Fans have been bashing him for his offense not his defesne.. Everyone knows we gonna need his defense at some point.. But his offesne has been ass lately.. No doubt about it..

You must not have read the part about injuries robbed his explosiveness like it did with Capela but even with that, He shot 44% from the field and 38% from 3.  If that is azz then you must have hated Bogi's offense this year

45 minutes ago, marco102 said:

@kg01 James Borrego, really had a plan for Trae.  Like I said before, they would be cooked if the other guys just hit their shots.

🤭

He comes across so smug after the fact.  Considering they had no plan for Trae simply passing the ball and the fact that they explosively melted down in the 3rd, that was a 'yikes' coaching performance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You must not have read the part about injuries robbed his explosiveness like it did with Capela but even with that, He shot 44% from the field and 38% from 3.  If that is azz then you must have hated Bogi's offense this year

You act like youre the only person that has been defending Dre on here.. Ive defended that dude forever.. But he's been bad on offense lately.. So Stop it.. lol...And everybody knows Bogi can be hot and cold.. Thats nothing new.....

• Premium Member
Just now, terrell said:

You act like youre the only person that has been defending Dre on here.. Ive defended that dude forever.. But he's been bad on offense lately.. So Stop it.. lol...And everybody knows Bogi can be hot and cold.. Thats nothing new.....

Terrell,  We've seen what Dre is capable of in the past without the injuries.  He is the same guy so stop with this game to game assessment. Dre should be our starting small forward for the next 5-6 year and Collins will be our starting power forward for the next 5-6 year.  If you don't like it, just get over it!

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Terrell,  We've seen what Dre is capable of in the past without the injuries.  He is the same guy so stop with this game to game assessment. Dre should be our starting small forward for the next 5-6 year and Collins will be our starting power forward for the next 5-6 year.  If you don't like it, just get over it!

I guess you missed the comment when I basically said that same thing.. "That guy has to be in there somewhere"...  As far as JC.... IDK about that..

Edited by terrell

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Diesel and I even agreed. We probably need to give him that year next year. At one point I was like hell no but he's too valuable 

Yup bring him back! It is what it is!

They straight up embarrassed the Hornets.  

It gave me flash backs to the Dallas win on opening night.  Then I remembered the next game we played at Cleveland.  

This is our chance to redeem that loss.  

Congrats to Hunter!  If he can play like that, we could disrupt the playoffs.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Bogi has been my whipping boy this year at times lol.   For me with bogi it's that i know he can play at a high level and have seen it often over the years.  So i know for a fact when i watch him and he's giving half effort it is noticeable.  He gets to in his emotions and starts sulking on the court and it affects his game big time.  Bogi is very solid when he is on but can be the worst player on the team when he is not. The reason i say that is unlike players less talented than him he gets a ton of minutes and will take shots away from people thats shooting well just to try to get his own.  That or will not put in any effort on defense and just grab people.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I been defending Hunter for the last three weeks. Put some respect on his name. I heard someone say they would take R.J. ass over him. I felt disrespected. 

Playoff Hawks

But you still have to do more than 1 good game every now and then.

But he was good in that 3rd period.

• Premium Member

Also, not to diminish the Hawks good play in this ass whooping they gave the Hornets, but what an absolutely pathetic showing by Charlotte. This is a year after getting embarrassed by Indiana. I'm not feeling in anyway positive about this "core" for them if I'm a Charlotte fan. Getting outhustled by Trae when you are down 20 points in an elimination game. smh. Selfish players starting with Lamelo on that team, a bunch of one and one BS players looking for their own shot and giving no effort on defense. It was almost offensive to watch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Also, not to diminish the Hawks good play in this ass whooping they gave the Hornets, but what an absolutely pathetic showing by Charlotte. This is a year after getting embarrassed by Indiana. I'm not feeling in anyway positive about this "core" for them if I'm a Charlotte fan. Getting outhustled by Trae when you are down 20 points in an elimination game. smh. Selfish players starting with Lamelo on that team, a bunch of one and one BS players looking for their own shot and giving no effort on defense. It was almost offensive to watch. 

To be fair Hayward is their most mature player by a long shot and they look somewhat like a team when he’s out there giving them good slashing and decent team defense.  They did look abysmal last night tho.  I’ve always said a team that starts Terry Rozier aint trying to make no noise.  

I’m so fascinated as to how Jordan hasn’t been able to identify any serious basketball people for so long.  I think he rather lose with yes men than win with solid people who’ll challenge him.

Damn the Hornets though I’m here for the balanced ass Hawks scoring.

4 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

The Indy game simply was a young team not ready for the show. This one, they were ready but Atlanta played possession by possession Basketball and Charlotte had no clue what that is.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, marco102 said:

Way too valuable.  He's the only player that can take advantage of those switching defenses in the post.  Hunter was doing it before all the injuries.  John can do it when he's on too.

Gallo's just way too important for us.

It seems like the likelihood of him getting fouled or scoring on a post mismatch is like 70%.  Can’t give him enough credit for arguably being as consistently healthy/ available as he’s ever been in a Hawks uni.  I think all NBA fans who haven’t seen him on a nightly basis underrate his shooting.  I did, not knowing he’s pure as spring water.

• Like 1