• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at heat -- GAME 1

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
Just now, terrell said:

Embarrassing showing today.. smh

And what's up with Trae and these rough starts? Good lord..

If Trae AND Bogi are off it's game over..

Trae had to carry the entire offense for 24 minutes like 36 hours ago. People were scared to shoot the ball so Trae had to do everything. What's everyone else's excuse? 

• Thanks 4

Capela lost might be more impactful than I thought. Miami normally does a good job defending our 1/5 PnR but watching this game, its critical as it gets Trae space and Miami has to double Capela on the rebound. Without that, they have a lot of space as they don't have to double Okongwu on the boards.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, LucastheThird said:

We have played Miami 4 times this year. Why are we still giving their shooters space? Why are we helping off of 3 point shooters? 

The thing is that Duncan can hit contested or uncontested... but you should stay on him and try to deny the ball.   Our defenders can't be lazy today.  With all these shooters, we have to know who are the main threats and deny the ball. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That's too creative for Nate and his coaches.

We need to get this as close to 10 as possible before halftime.

If our shooters start making shots, we can get back in this game quickly.

Nate can out coach JB but he is outclassed by Spo. We are seeing already this game.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Trae looks tired, Heat look unbeatable.  Doesn't look good

He's having to expend a lot of energy just to get his shot off.  Nate wants the ball to move, but if guys don't move, it can't move.  Heat are trying to deny the ball at every spot on the court.

May have to use this game as a feel out game.  Hope they finish strong though.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Capela lost might be more impactful than I thought. Miami normally does a good job defending our 1/5 PnR but watching this game, its critical as it gets Trae space and Miami has to double Capela on the rebound. Without that, they have a lot of space as they don't have to double Okongwu on the boards.

We need to try Dieng at least he bring some size and spacing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SalvorMallow said:

Trae had to carry the entire offense for 24 minutes like 36 hours ago. People were scared to shoot the ball so Trae had to do everything. What's everyone else's excuse? 

Im just talking about the rough starts.. All 3 games in the post season so far.. Calm down btuh..

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

The thing is that Duncan can hit contested or uncontested... but you should stay on him and try to deny the ball.   Our defenders can't be lazy today.  With all these shooters, we have to know who are the main threats and deny the ball. 

They haven't been lazy though. Kevin been playing good coverage on him. What I noticed is we aren't challenge Duncan or Herro on the other end at all.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

I don't see this at all...We are being killed on the perimeter

They aren't killing us with the dribble drive. The biggest issue I see is Miami bench is killing our bench. 

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't know how you can think that. He's a monster in the PnR and on the boards who must be accounted for.

Miami does a great job on Capela.