• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at heat -- GAME 1

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Capela lost might be more impactful than I thought. Miami normally does a good job defending our 1/5 PnR but watching this game, its critical as it gets Trae space and Miami has to double Capela on the rebound. Without that, they have a lot of space as they don't have to double Okongwu on the boards.

I have my issues with Cap, but OO is not ready to start and play 30 MPG.

This team is not talented enough that they can afford to basically be missing the starting PF and center.

The Hawks are probably going to be lucky if they win a game.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

I have my issues with Cap, but OO is not ready to start and play 30 MPG.

This team is not talented enough that they can afford to basically be missing the starting PF and center.

The Hawks are probably going to be lucky if they win a game.

OO still plays like a rookie most of the time.... And a green one at that..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

They aren't killing us with the dribble drive. The biggest issue I see is Miami bench is killing our bench. 

Nate has only played 3 off the bench. Bogi 0-7 big fat Dud, JC in limited minutes and Wright with 9 minutes.

I would think having played the Cavs on Friday and this early start the rotations would be different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

We need another miracle half. I know we all were worried about being forced to play this soon after winning Friday night and it is showing. No Capela, JC's first game in basically two months and dead legs for the entire team. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Nate has only played 3 off the bench. Bogi 0-7 big fat Dud, JC in limited minutes and Wright with 9 minutes.

I would think having played the Cavs on Friday and this early start the rotations would be different.

Im beginning to wonder if Nate has a personal vendetta with Wright. He was "out of the rotation" earlier in the season and still can barely sniff the court when he probably has a bigger impact on winning then anyone not named Trae, Clint, or Bogi. 

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

They were killing Gallo of the dribble.

That's Jimmy who's one of the best players in the NBA. We shouldn't put Gallo in that type of situation. 

Just now, Peoriabird said:

So is John Collins but the Heat defense is taking away the pick and roll

JC timing is all kinds of off today. Miami always plays to take away the PnR.

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

We need another miracle half. I know we all were worried about being forced to play this soon after winning Friday night and it is showing. No Capela, JC's first game in basically two months and dead legs for the entire team. 

Let's just finish strong and see what happens.

While this team won't be phased if they do get blown out, I do want to see them get it under single digits and let the chips fall where they may.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Im beginning to wonder if Nate has a personal vendetta with Wright. He was "out of the rotation" earlier in the season and still can barely sniff the court when he probably has a bigger impact on winning then anyone not named Trae, Clint, or Bogi. 

He did play 10 minutes in the 1st half, which is a little more than normal.

Are you advocating him getting starter's minutes?

• Premium Member

I notice the theme of "physical Playoff basketball" is always used to excuse the cheap shots against the Hawks. That happened a lot last season against the Knicks and 76ers and it's happening now. Of course I would like to see more toughness from the Hawks, but a foul is a foul and these cheap shots are clear flagrant fouls. I miss Solo.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He did play 10 minutes in the 1st half, which is a little more than normal.

Are you advocating him getting starter's minutes?

Yeah I am. He's a better defender than Hunter and at least keeps the ball moving on O. 

Hunter has 2 points 2 rebounds - 22 in 17 mins. 

Wright 3-3-1-2 and - 1 in 9 minutes