• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at heat -- GAME 1

lethalweapon3

5 minutes ago, terrell said:

Yeah keep shooting so he can set the Playoff record for worse fg%.. We'd never hear the end of it.. smh

I'm not worried about that. The only chance we have of winning this series is for Trae to create a lot of points.  If he scores 20 on 4 - 22 shooting, but still has 12 assists, that's still beneficial.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'm not worried about that. The only chance we have of winning this series is for Trae to create a lot of points.  If he scores 20 on 4 - 22 shooting, but still has 12 assists, that's still beneficial.

Better yet, just let Trae play by himself, 1 player by himself against the whole Miami defense so that Trae can shoot the ball every possession.  Trae inbounds the ball to himself.  Passes to himself.  Gets his own rebounds and his own steals. 

• Premium Member

The one problem that I'm having with the refs is the unevenness of he calls.   Touch fouls on Jimmy Butler get called.  Our guys are getting smacked around and there is the expectation of "playoff" reffing.

I think the worst thing I have seen today was earlier.. the ref made a call for possession.  All the Miami players and coaches started saying it should go the other way..  The refs changed the call.   This was after both refs in the vicinity had already agreed. If the refs can be swayed... we have no chance. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Weird time to bring this up. The only thing I'm seeing is how the Heat get away with murder with their "physical" play

I been saying this since Jimmy arrived bro.  We can’t complain about “they’re playing too physically” the whole series.  We’ll you can but I damn sure hope the players don’t.  It’s only the playoffs.

The Hawks are a finesse team, can’t change that now based on the matchup gotta find a way to win with their style.

Edited by benhillboy

5 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Weird time to bring this up. The only thing I'm seeing is how the Heat get away with murder with their "physical" play

That's playoff basketball though.

A game like this is also why Lou Williams still has a role on this team.  He's the type of scorer who can pick up the slack if Trae is off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The one problem that I'm having with the refs is the unevenness of he calls.   Touch fouls on Jimmy Butler get called.  Our guys are getting smacked around and there is the expectation of "playoff" reffing.

I think the worst thing I have seen today was earlier.. the ref made a call for possession.  All the Miami players and coaches started saying it should go the other way..  The refs changed the call.   This was after both refs in the vicinity had already agreed. If the refs can be swayed... we have no chance. 

They showed the replay inside the arena, and the refs changed the call.   If anything, the Hawks should've got the ball from the ref and gone quickly to inbound the ball.  They do this in the NFL on questionable calls.  NBA players need to start doing the same.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

I been saying this since Jimmy arrived bro.  We can’t complain about “they’re playing too physically” the whole series.  We’ll you can but I damn sure hope the players don’t.  It’s only the playoffs.

If Physical Play is the norm.. then let it be across the board... but don't let Jimmy play physically and then call OO for every touch foul.   That's BS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2