• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at heat -- GAME 1

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

He was defending really well on top of that. That's not a bad game at all. 

We need more from our starting wing that we traded up to draft 4th overall. If this is a "good game" for him in his 3rd season, then he should be traded. 

• Thanks 1

Well the Cavs game was fun, even losing though this is a fun team to watch. Maybe we can pull out a win in the series but this year has been a mess so won't be surprised if we get slaughtered in the series.

I wish more ATL teams were like this where even if we lose you can tell we tried and gave a damn.

Edited by swanlee
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

We need more from our starting wing that we traded up to draft 4th overall. If this is a "good game" for him in his 3rd season, then he should be traded. 

We need more out of our franchise player too as well as the rest of the team.  What is this obsession with Hunter???  Bogi/Trae 1-20 from the field but you want to talk about Hunter who was 6-8??  Sound pretty ignorant to me

• Like 3

Just now, Marvin24Williams said:

Trae's worst game of the season? He was awful

I don't think so. There were games where he was nearly this bad on offense and WOAT on defense. He was average on D so it wasn't his worst. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

We need more out of our franchise player too as well as the rest of the team.  What is this obsession with Hunter???  Bogi/Trae 1-20 from the field but you want to talk about Hunter who was 6-8??  Sound pretty ignorant to me

Sure we do, for this one game. It's no surprise that Hunter is -31, a team worst. His on/off splits are the worst on the team all year, now that Cam is off the roster. He is a complete ball stopper that we don't even want to touch the ball unless he is in a position to score. He plays some decent defense and can sometimes hit an open 3, but brings nothing else to the game. We should be giving Delon his minutes.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Sure we do, for this one game. It's no surprise that Hunter is -31, a team worst. His on/off splits are the worst on the team all year, now that Cam is off the roster. He is a complete ball stopper that we don't even want to touch the ball unless he is in a position to score. He plays some decent defense and can sometimes hit an open 3, but brings nothing else to the game. We should be giving Delon his minutes.

Oh You're that guy!  Nothing to discuss here then.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Because mediocre play is typical from Hunter. It's not rare for him to be... Ok at best. It is the norm.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Look.. 

There's enough bad to go around.   The truth is we were a tired team.  We jumped off of a plan from Cleveland.  We had a tough physical game with them to a tough physical game with the Heat.   They outworked us.  They worked the refs.  Our shots didn't fall.  I have said before.. this team is built for the post season because we make adjustments.   Let's rest up and come back and steal game 2. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Plainview1981 said:

Because mediocre play is typical from Hunter. It's not rare for him to be... Ok at best. It is the norm.

I just fine it ironic that there are so many other issues to examine in this game but the guy getting the most criticisms was the most efficient shooter, 2nd leading scorer and arguably the best defender in today's game.  This is such a weird fanbase.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Oh You're that guy!  Nothing to discuss here then.

If "that guy" is not being satisfied with middling at best play from our 4th overall pick in his 3rd season, then I'm happy to be that guy. We need Hunter to be able to create any sort of offense, but he consistently falls short. How is it possible that 6'8 Hunter can be outrebounded by 5'11 Trae for the season!? I'm hoping and praying for Dre to be successful, but the reality is he has been extremely disappointing. How much longer should we wait?

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

If "that guy" is not being satisfied with middling at best play from our 4th overall pick in his 3rd season, then I'm happy to be that guy. We need Hunter to be able to create any sort of offense, but he consistently falls short. How is it possible that 6'8 Hunter can be outrebounded by 5'11 Trae for the season!? I'm hoping and praying for Dre to be successful, but the reality is he has been extremely disappointing. How much longer should we wait?

what are you on right now lmao if he scores 14 ppg shooting 75% every game playing very good defense, he'll be the GOAT #4 draft pick 😂

• Like 3