• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at heat -- GAME 5

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Somebody explain how Hunter getting picked off his live dribble multiple times in the same game is traes fault.

Hunter is who he is at this point.. He should improve some, but he was an older prospect..This summer is crucial for Dre.

Give him the QO this summer. 1 yr prove it deal..DO NOT EXTEND THIS GUY EARLY TRAVIS with your stupid azz...

Edited by terrell

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Y'all still think this guy is a superstar?

Most definitely.

One series doesn't discount almost 3.5 years of brilliant Hall of Fame level play, including an Eastern Conference Finals appearance.

People discounted Spolestra as a coach.  His coaching decisions have been masterful in this series.  And not all teams have the personnel or the mentality that can pull off what the Heat are doing.

I know you guys love to doubt Trae, but I love the dude's will to win.  Unfortunately for him and his team, they look completely broken.  And their coach doesn't know how to help them.

• Premium Member

Whatever we get next, make sure that we get somebody that can handle the ball. 

Kev can't dribble under pressure. 

Hunter can't dribble under pressure. 

Delon should play the whole second half. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How hard is it to squeeze the ball strong with 2 hands and swing through contact until the refs make a call or the defender gets the picture to back off?

How hard is it to stand on the opposite side of half court before the ref hands the ball off on an inbounds play?

How hard is it to stop momentum by calling a timeout BEFORE you get buried by double digits for the 5th game in a row?

• Like 2

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Most definitely.

One series doesn't discount almost 3.5 years of brilliant Hall of Fame level play, including an Eastern Conference Finals appearance.

People discounted Spolestra as a coach.  His coaching decisions have been masterful in this series.  And not all teams have the personnel or the mentality that can pull off what the Heat are doing.

I know you guys love to doubt Trae, but I love the dude's will to win.  Unfortunately for him and his team, they look completely broken.  And their coach doesn't know how to help them.

Trae is also just in his bag right now, he's not having fun , and u need that.  He is super competitive and sometimes that can mess with u when u get punched in the mouth , it happens to the best of them

As tempted as I might be to skip the second half, that's not what a true fan does, I believe.  I enjoy sports and my teams for all the good and great play they provide and the joy and entertainment that brings me.  I also get frustrated when they play poorly, or the coaching is bad, or when the front office makes a foolish decision about trades or contracts.  
But, when it is all going south, I don't "hate" them and they don't make me so angry that my life is damaged.  I'm a fan, not a fanatic.  It's just like a marriage.  Lots of joy and excitement.  Plenty of stupid mistakes and frustration.  
It's a partnership, in the end, and, good or bad, I look forward to the second half tonight, and the off-season, and next year, and beyond.  It's entertainment.  
If I wanted only joy I would simply keep switching my allegiance to whichever team was hottest at the moment.  
But reality dictates (or at least suggests) that being fully engaged in my team means to accept the ups and downs, without constant negativity, and to have "fun" watching young people evolve, athletically and personally, as members of "my" team.
Looking forward to the second half.