• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at heat -- GAME 5

lethalweapon3

Just now, Peoriabird said:

If its that easy to stop him then the rest of the league now knows LOL  It ain't like Miami is using all-defensive team defenders to stop him.  The are using Gabe, Herro and Olidipo?

That's BS.   The rest of the league can't play defense like Miami.  PJ Tucker's whole career is based on defense.  Butler has been All-Defense.  Oladipo has been All-Defense.  Vincent is a decent defender.  And the other guys use their size to stay in front of people.

Stop acting like a team like Charlotte or even a Golden State, could be committed like this on defense and play it for 48 minutes.

And the reason why they can play it is because we don't have a legit 2nd star that can make them pay, or lights out shooters that can knock down 3s.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member

There is a good middle ground of they are dominating us defensively, but we are also being lazy with execution. I think it’s hard to blame certain players..collectively, we just aren’t getting it done.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

I don't have it in me to explain how a 2-3 and 1-3-1 zone impacts a penetration dependent offense. If you cant google it, I cant help you.

I'll take 'middle school church league basic defense for $1,000', alex.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I actually agree with this.  They are too slow for this series.

I would go with Jalen Johnson and see if he could provide an offensive and athletic spark.

Sometimes, a coach realizes that certain players aren't good fits in a series.   This is the type of series where Lou Williams might be better than Gallo.

Thats why I wanted Delon to start.. No way JC should be out there..

Just now, cam1218 said:

There is a good middle ground of they are dominating us defensively, but we are also being lazy with execution. I think it’s hard to blame certain players..collectively, we just aren’t getting it done.

Because they aren't matching the same amount of intensity and urgency of the other team.

In other words, they're taking on the personality of the coach.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That's BS.   The rest of the league can't play defense like Miami.  PJ Tucker's whole career is based on defense.  Butler has been All-Defense.  Oladipo has been All-Defense.  Vincent is a decent defender.  And the other guys use their size to stay in front of people.

Stop acting like a team like Charlotte or even a Golden State, could be committed like this on defense and play it for 48 minutes.

And the reason why they can play it is because we don't have a legit 2nd star that can make them pay, or lights out shooters that can knock down 3s.

I actually saw posters who preferred the Heat in rd 1.. lol

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Hunter ain’t the problem with this team. He makes a couple bad plays a game, but this disaster falls on coaching. Spo has outcoached Nate every second of this series. 

and Trae ain’t right. I think the ankle is bothering him. I’ve watched every game for 4 years and something is off with him. Never seen him not be able to get by a defender and into the paint unless he’s hurt. 

You're Trolling!  At least that's the company line when you criticize Trae

• Premium Member
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Because they aren't matching the same amount of intensity and urgency of the other team.

In other words, they're taking on the personality of the coach.

Nate righted the ship last year, but his first full season has definitely been underwhelming. 

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'm the biggest Trae stan i know, but this is mental.  Sure, Miami has great defenders, but Trae is misplacing passes left and right, isn't driving even with 1 on 1 coverage, can't make an open shot, and just isn't reading the defense like he normally does.  

I'm hoping to find out this is an injury or something that we don't know about. 

• Like 1

We can talk defense, we can say we're soft and so on and so on but we can't score. This team is not designed to win by defense. We're at 32%fg which is freaking really really bad and you're not beating anybody with that type of shooting