• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Post-Moratorium Insider Rumor Thread

AHF

26 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I gave this more thought and PHX comes across looking even dumber by matching.

If there was any scenario where you'd pay him max, why let it get to this point?  You basically alienated the guy by making him sit a year when all you were gonna do was pay him anyways. 

matching offer sheet is a significantly smaller contract than resigning him with a birds right max. I think ayton could've gotten 5/177 + all-nba provision that trae got.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, dalamchops said:

I think ayton could've gotten 5/177.

Missing something in that reasoning.... could only have gotten that from PHX... so, I'm unable to make sense of the assertion. That was never going to happen.

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We made our big trade of the off season. We arent going to break up the band. 

Huerter... hurt.

He may have been the bass player in the band, but by most accounts, he won us a post season game w/o much help. The two 22-23 assets we got are guys who aren't especially better than talents we could've picked up in free agency for about the same if not less, especially when you figure-in Harkless' recent injury history.

And there are still a couple of things out there that almost surely will see some resolution... ie, significant players moving... in the next days or weeks, and the GM explicitly said (paraphrasing) that they're still open for business if an opportunity arises. I'm not fully exhaling just yet.

15 minutes ago, marco102 said:

If you say Turner is more valuable than Collins, I may have to end our online friendship...😁

Well you don't have to worry about that because I am at war with idiot Hawk fans about Myles Turner. Hell yeah, JC is way more valuable than Turner. Hell yeah, he's FAR more valuable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, sturt said:

Huerter... hurt.

He may have been the bass player in the band, but by most accounts, he won us a post season game w/o much help. The two 22-23 assets we got are guys who aren't especially better than talents we could've picked up in free agency for about the same if not less, especially when you figure-in Harkless' recent injury history.

And there are still a couple of things out there that almost surely will see some resolution... ie, significant players moving... in the next days or weeks, and the GM explicitly said (paraphrasing) that they're still open for business if an opportunity arises. I'm not fully exhaling just yet.

It was essentially a salary dump. But that's how it goes. Tough to keep everyone if you want to stay under the tax.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, kg01 said:

Am I wrong I'm thinking, if PHX loses the former #1 pick for nothing, that's some dumbarsery.  They knew they didn't want to pay him.  Trade him for something before now.  Now you're stuck between a rock and a hard place with it. 

You gotta match it then trade him after the new year. Although it wastes their season basically.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Ironic. 

What’s ironic?

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Sothron said:

And with this needless personal insult you are on the ignore list where you will never be taken off. Good bye.

You are the one who asked why posters didn't acknowledge your greatness...I just answered your question.

5 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

You are the one who asked why posters didn't acknowledge your greatness...I just answered your question.

We've all made posts here and there declaring we were right about anything that happened. Why is it so wrong for Soth to say he was right? 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

We've all made posts here and there declaring we were right about anything that happened. Why is it so wrong for Soth to say he was right? 

It was the way he said it.  It wasn't just I was right about something but posters need to acknowledge it.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

I'm just going to post what he actually said and not get into a debate on what you feel he said. You're reaching on this one. Soth never said anyone needed to acknowledge his post. Just that he was right and said it a few days before it happened.

You missed this post

With respect, I don't keep up with everyone. I know when I first heard about it, I waited to hear from our insiders if they had heard it then I talked about it here. I'm just tired of people doubting the things we share with people on here and when one of those things literally happens no one says oh hey, those guys were right after all.