• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pelicans at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Only saw bits and pieces but I did see Trae abusing Zion late.  He needs to throw cross court passes as much as possible they’re so damn perfect.

If I’m coaching the Pelicans with Alvarado and Jones (sophomore slumping to my surprise) those lazy switches would never happen.  I’m guessing they were the ones who held him to poor shooting until late.

I had a feeling Clint would come to play versus Valencunas.  That missed breakaway layup by Nance was so costly and hilarious.

What can you say about DJ.  Pure gamer but that 1-8 from three is ugly.

Luckily the Pels were on a cross country B2B as they’re much bigger than the Hawks.  Their average starter  is 6’7” 227, Hawks like 6’6 206.  The fatigue clearly showed in some of their horrible attempts.  Usually Tre Murphy plays 32 minutes and hits three threes.  Tonight only 17 minutes and 0-fer.

2 quality wins in a row let’s get it going.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

Jalen is shooting a sizzling Mexican skillet .700 on 2 pointers and he never turns the ball over.  Carry on.

Gotta get the minutes down for DJ.  His legs will be made of mush by March at 37 per especially never having gone deep in the playoffs before seeing how he’s a high impact fast break dunker and ball presser.

• Like 3

DeCapTrae took over this game!  I thought the 20/20 Capela with 4 blocks might be done.  On a night when both Trae and DJM were missing their 3's, we got everything else we needed.  The lob came back.  

We also got solid games from Jalen and Hunter.  

A few guys are not shooting even close to their career average.  If the shooting gets going, Capela comes back to form, and Hunter and JJ bring their game we have a dangerous team.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

LESSON LEARNED

We certainly hope so.  In the NBA, when facing any opponent, you can't just relax.  Last night, Hawks thought they had it made with a good lead and the clock winding down.

Quiet suddenly, or so it seemed, that comfortable lead was gone.  Hawks had to just hang on and force overtime.  They regathered their nerves and prevailed.  Disaster averted.

We're still in the building, growing and learing phase.  This was a great lesson.  I hope this Hawk team will not make this same mistake again.

The best part?  Hawks win and hold on to 1st place!

🧑‍🔧 Still learning!

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Dnice said:

I forgot what it's called , but you had the uniforms right in your simulation.   There's supposed to be a jersey matchup laid out for the games. 

Lockervision. It’s free. Somebody here actually turned me onto it last season. Not sure which squawker. Really cool though giving the unis schedule ahead of time for fans.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Jalen is shooting a sizzling Mexican skillet .700 on 2 pointers and he never turns the ball over.  Carry on.

Gotta get the minutes down for DJ.  His legs will be made of mush by March at 37 per especially never having gone deep in the playoffs before seeing how he’s a high impact fast break dunker and ball presser.

It's hard to get DJ minutes down when we have a 9 man rotation and he's too damn productive. When Bogi is back and we are back to a 10 man rotation, I believe we can get DJ to 34 mpg

• Like 2