• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Raptors at Hawks (6 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Kind of ironic actually how many were convinced OO was going to be a PF this year, and now we are looking at JC like he is a bad fit because he plays defense and can’t shoot anymore.

It’s almost like we tried to warn people about spacing and the fact OO barely attempts jumpshots.

:ph34r:...:stirthepot:...:laugh1:

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Yup. I had him going 11-15 just out of our reach. I thought maybe Charlotte would grab him because they had a couple picks, worried the Cavs would have as well.

If you remember, we got screwed out of Giannis in 2013 by 2 picks. We had 17,18 he went 15, DAMN U LARRY DREW.

In 2009, a lot of us want Ty Lawson (at the time) fell by a pick and we got Teague (blessing in disguise there).

But in 2022, we got lucky, he was still there.

The only reason why I was thinking it was a possibility is because his medicals was questionable and his defense was bad. I for sure thought he was a better prospect than Ochai and Johnny. Jeremy and Dieng wasn't on my radar like that but I knew the lotto teams love those two. Jalen Williams was my guy I wanted the most. Griffin, 2nd most of guys in that 9-16 range. I didn't want none of the bigs unless the wings were all gone. Didn't care for Duren or Mark Williams like that. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Jalen Williams was my guy I wanted the most.

Ya you were all over him. He’s gonna be good. Still waiting for Okpala as well, although he’s sliding. The bay boys ain’t reppin. Jalen Williams will be a piece moving forward for them I think.

Hey Supes, you think OKC rides with SGA or trades him within the next couple years? 

That Zach Harper, wait no, some other dude forget his name was wondering why OKC keeps flipping as said they should stick with SGA and I agree. SGA and Chet as your 2 dudes isn’t bad. If they land Wemby.. oh boy.

43 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya you were all over him. He’s gonna be good. Still waiting for Okpala as well, although he’s sliding. The bay boys ain’t reppin. Jalen Williams will be a piece moving forward for them I think.

Hey Supes, you think OKC rides with SGA or trades him within the next couple years? 

That Zach Harper, wait no, some other dude forget his name was wondering why OKC keeps flipping as said they should stick with SGA and I agree. SGA and Chet as your 2 dudes isn’t bad. If they land Wemby.. oh boy.

Hell yeah they ride with SGA. I've been telling ya'll, he's never been available for any trade talks. OKC sees him as their future and the way he's playing now, he's their now. They are too good to get a top pick. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

’m watching the end again. Wow, that was the craziest last play full court in about 10+ years.. maybe 20. Wow.

reminded me of a game I think we beat the Wolves when Chillz darted down court and the in-bounder threw the hail Murray for a layup at the buzzer. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

They are too good to get a top pick. 

Long season they are good but a few trades here and there and they could drop 10 or so and get back in the Wemby race.

I just hope Wemby goes west but not Lakers Warriors Spurs.

8 hours ago, warcore said:

reminded me of a game I think we beat the Wolves when Chillz darted down court and the in-bounder threw the hail Murray for a layup at the buzzer. 

Oh wow, that sounds familiar forgot that one in the ole memory bank. Good call.

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Long season they are good but a few trades here and there and they could drop 10 or so and get back in the Wemby race.

I just hope Wemby goes west but not Lakers Warriors Spurs.

Spurs got a real shot. The Lakers pick goes to the Pels and the Warriors will likely be a playoff team or at least play-in

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Spurs got a real shot.

Ya I guess I wouldn’t be super mad but it doesn’t seem fair for them to get a Robinson, Duncan and Wemby in a 35 year span.

My guess: The Rockets 🚀 

Ralph

Akeem

Yao

Wemby

Just a hunch.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 11/19/2022 at 9:15 PM, Spud2nique said:

But JC is showing he didn’t work on $hit this summer. 

In fairness, this was his summer to be dealing with health issues.  I remain concerned that the finger will have lingering effects this year.  He gutted through that at the end of last season.  I think most people would have rested and gotten that taken care of right away instead of playing through with that swollen monstrosity.

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 11/20/2022 at 11:09 AM, NBASupes said:

The only reason why I was thinking it was a possibility is because his medicals was questionable and his defense was bad. I for sure thought he was a better prospect than Ochai and Johnny. Jeremy and Dieng wasn't on my radar like that but I knew the lotto teams love those two. Jalen Williams was my guy I wanted the most. Griffin, 2nd most of guys in that 9-16 range. I didn't want none of the bigs unless the wings were all gone. Didn't care for Duren or Mark Williams like that. 

I am very happy with the TS philosophy of grabbing the guys who fall in the draft.  Between JC, JJ and AJ, that is a consistent theme and while it won't work out every time I feel like it gives you the best ceiling for picks at that part of the draft with a pretty good floor as well.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2022 at 10:09 AM, NBASupes said:

I probably should have cared about Mark Williams a lot more. But Jalen been nothing less than a superstar. Man, I hated that he went before our pick

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I probably should have cared about Mark Williams a lot more. But Jalen been nothing less than a superstar. Man, I hated that he went before our pick

9C172A4E-035D-4665-9E81-1BFB396A00AF.thumb.jpeg.b514c6c7b4abec5b811ad87f6432237f.jpeg

Jaylen would be my ROY pick.  Logging substantially more minutes than Kessler, considerably more impactful than Banchero (worst on/off net on the Magic).  AJ was putting up a good fight with the crazy shooting and game-winners for a hot second.

I had no earthly idea he was only 6”6’ and 195.  That can’t be accurate.  I thought dude was like 6”8’ 225 he plays so damn big.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1