• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Rockets

lethalweapon3

That Murray trade f***ed us. I don't see a way out.

Let's say we trade Capela and Bogi for Ayton and Crowder 

Defense drops to 20-25 offense goes to top 5 again but it's inconsistent as ever. 

We stuck and done. This team didn't need to do that trade for Murray. He just wasn't what we needed. 

Edited by NBASupes

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I know right. It's one thing that Luka is better but that Murray trade wasn't even needed. 

Now you gotta trade Capela because we get the best Murray if Capela is out of the lineup. 

That kid is exceptionally impressive. 

Shouldve just taken Haliburton over OO... Wouldnt even need Murray.. But Hali wouldnt be Hali playing with Trae...

I agree Trae Murray CC aint gonna work.....Without 2 good shooters on the floor with them.. Ayton would fit better with Murray on the team..

56 minutes ago, Alf said:

54 points for them in the paint versus us with only 38. But the most telling stat of all is 37! second chance points and we only had 2. They simply outworked us all game long. To give up 128 points to this Rockets team is pathetic to be blunt. We have simply got to better on the defensive end or this will be a disappointing season.

37 second chance points huh?

I know people want to blame our superstar backcourt for not distributing the ball, but the bigs also have to do their job.  Put a body on someone running toward the basket and secure the defensive rebound.  They're so used to Capela doing it all in the paint, that they put forth very little effort in getting rebounds.

As I said in the 2nd and 3rd quarter, I thought our best lineup possibly was having Collins play the 5.  Okongwu for most of this game, simply didn't have it tonight.  And he's not good in the pick and roll so far this season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

No wonder Nate kept saying "Trae really wanted Murray". this summer.. Its like he knew it wasnt the greatest fit or something...

We havent maxed him yet...But Im sure Travis will because thats what he does... 

58 minutes ago, Alf said:

That has nothing to do with be outworked and generally being pathetic on the defensive end.

Actually it does.  Very athletic teams tend to use energy to stay in games.  We used to be like the Rockets back in the mid-2000s with the Highlight Factory teams.  We need a Josh Childress type of forward on this team, that crashes the offensive boards relentlessly.

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Shouldve just taken Haliburton over OO... Wouldnt even need Murray.. But Hali wouldnt be Hali playing with Trae...

I agree Trae Murray CC aint gonna work.....Without 2 good shooters on the floor with them.. Ayton would fit better with Murray on the team..

No one will argue with that right now but Hali didn't want to be here. Everyone at this point wished they landed Hali and Hali isn't a fit here either. He would be like he was in Sacramento. Trae is a hard player to fit around. Only position that could fit him is a Center because he spams the 1/5 PnR

1 minute ago, terrell said:

It better work out.. Trae asked for this shit...

Trae didn't ask for it. Murray did and then Trae asked. Murray wanted to be here. 

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Let's say we trade Capela and Bogi for Ayton and Crowder 

Defense drops to 20-25 offense goes to top 5 again but it's inconsistent as ever. 

We stuck and done. This team didn't need to do that trade for Murray. He just wasn't what we needed. 

This is an over reaction. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bonkers said:

U know what, earlier today on twitter there was a poll goin around that said something like:

Ja Morant, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Trae Young...cut one

And most people cut Trae...I completely understand why most people said that

Easily Trae. It seems like he's the only one that's not getting better. SGA got better. Ja got better. Trae seems to the same. I felt he got better but once his shot came back, it was fool's gold, he's still the same Trae

Just now, marco102 said:

This is an over reaction. 

Naw. This is sadly our outcome with an Ayton trade. As we are, we are just a nice team that is likely a playin team again 

• Like 1

Easily Trae. It seems like he's the only one that's not getting better. SGA got better. Ja got better. Trae seems to the same. I felt he got better but once his shot came back, it was fool's gold, he's still the same Trae

Yep there's a reason both Ja and Shai were on the NBA MVP Ladder while Trae is nowhere to be found. He's not on there level.

Damn I wish we had Shai

Edited by Bonkers

6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

37 second chance points huh?

I know people want to blame our superstar backcourt for not distributing the ball, but the bigs also have to do their job.  Put a body on someone running toward the basket and secure the defensive rebound.  They're so used to Capela doing it all in the paint, that they put forth very little effort in getting rebounds.

As I said in the 2nd and 3rd quarter, I thought our best lineup possibly was having Collins play the 5.  Okongwu for most of this game, simply didn't have it tonight.  And he's not good in the pick and roll so far this season.

Stats say otherwise and the Rockets are one of the toughest teams to roll against. They have the personnel to guard the roll as well as anyone. Clint struggled badly against the Rockets too.

Naw. This is sadly our outcome with an Ayton trade. As we are, we are just a nice team that is likely a playin team again 

There is no in between with your posts. Again, I'm upset about this loss, but it is too early. The last two road losses we were missing Hunter or Capela. We have been missing Bogi the entire year.

We might need a rebounding third center or forward though.

Stats say otherwise and the Rockets are one of the toughest teams to roll against. They have the personnel to guard the roll as well as anyone. Clint struggled badly against the Rockets too.

Clint didn't have his legs then and you know it.

1 minute ago, Bonkers said:

Yep there's a reason both Ja and Shai were on the NBA MVP Ladder while Trae is nowhere to be found. He's not on there level.

Damn I wish we had Shai

I wish we had Shai instead of Murray. I still love having Trae even though he makes me mad. It's hard to find a talent on offense who can do so much. Tonight, he tried to do too much, even for Trae standards. 

Ja is amazing and I don't understand why some Hawk fans don't like him

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

There is no in between with your posts. Again, I'm upset about this loss, but it is too early. The last two road losses we were missing Hunter or Capela. We have been missing Bogi the entire year.

I am like this after a win too. I created we are the Harden-Westbrook Rockets after we beat the Kings.

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Even if he did there wasn't many lanes to role. JC had two rolls and he had three people on him each time. That's very crowded. We didn't even bother trying to pass it to O in that situation and rightfully so

Edited by NBASupes

I wish we had Shai instead of Murray. I still love having Trae even though he makes me mad. It's hard to find a talent on offense who can do so much. Tonight, he tried to do too much, even for Trae standards. 

Ja is amazing and I don't understand why some Hawk fans don't like him

I am like this after a win too. I created we are the Harden-Westbrook Rockets after we beat the Kings.

Yeah, but a Kings fan told you that.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Probably another big Blunder from old bald head...He better hope not.. No way he recovers from that.... Murray gonna want a max too..  I know one thing,  Im not paying anymore $ just to watch Trae and Murray take turns on offense for 5 + years.... Nope...