Official Game Thread: Hawks at Rockets

lethalweapon3

Just now, terrell said:

So we have Murray(who everyone says is a great defeder), Dre(same thing), and OO(same thing) in the starting 5 and cant stop tanking team from scoring? Good grief..

But of course AJ cant play much because hes too bad at Defense? smh

Rockets are great at scoring. They are just terrible at defense and figuring out how to win games. They make so many mistakes. They are the best isolation team in the NBA and shoot at very good clips.

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Nate even ran a play for him. Did he get the ball. No

Trae so good at offense but he must be a pain in the ass to Coach.. Ive never seen LP smile so much when talking about Haliburton..He was never that happy here it seems..

Edited by terrell

1 hour ago, Watchman said:

True.  The unfortunate part is that rather than make relatively minor changes to his game, Trae only hears something that offends him, and draws into a shell, and refuses to shoot.  I don't understand why he can't respond in a balanced manner.

What could he have done differently tonight?  Please be specific.

He almost had to played a perfect game offensively, and the Hawks still lost.

So what could he have done differently on offense, that would've seen the Hawks come out on top?

10 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Yeah.  They want 5 - 19 FG to turn into 7 - 26 FG . . . just in the name of getting them more shots.

No, that is not what I want. I want our guards to run the offense and get the best shot. Not run down the court see John rolling to the basket and hoist up a three that leads to Houston fast break. Better yet, see AJ Griffin wide ass open and look him off and jack up an ill advised shot that bricks and leads to a Houston fast break.

IDGAF who scores or does what as long as it is the right way. Tonight, was the worst basketball I've seen Trae play in a long time and Murray was right there with him. They were cocky and now they look like laughing stocks for some of the antics they pulled in this game.

They needed to be humbled and they were. We haven't won shit so they need to act like it on the court.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You know that would never fly on here. Everytime I think we should trade Trae, I go to the mall in Houston and see JC posters and Trae jerseys for sale and that never ever happened before Trae since Nique and the Hawks attendance is 103.8. It's never been above 90% before Trae. Trae is box office. He will likely never be moved till a new regime comes in town

Which happening sooner than you think

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So what could he have done differently on offense, that would've seen the Hawks come out on top?

The real problem is this. Trae can't play in a system. In order for him to be productive he has to have the ball all game. He has a hot streak and a cold streak in most games. But he can't be successful in fewer possessions. Additionally, he won't play defense and gets to hide on the worst player every game.

Not alot of good players are going to want to play next to him and do all the dirty work for Trae when he hogs the ball.

Until that changes this is what we will get alot of nights.

He's too much of a me first guy....  he's not a winner imo... it's all about him. I think he also gets jealous when other guys are shining... case in point... did you see how he froze out the Rook with the hot hand in the first quarter? Would never happen if AJ was playing with CP3 or majic or Stockton or Nash etc etc...

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Be Clint Capela.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Pass the ball around and get better looks. Stop jacking up jump shots when no one on the Rockets could stay in front of him and Murray.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

No, that is not what I want. I want our guards to run the offense and get the best shot. Not run down the court see John rolling to the basket and hoist up a three that leads to Houston fast break. Better yet, see AJ Griffin wide ass open and look him off and jack up an ill advised shot that bricks and leads to a Houston fast break.

IDGAF who scores or does what as long as it is the right way. Tonight, was the worst basketball I've seen Trae play in a long time and Murray was right there with him. They were cocky and now they look like laughing stocks for some of the antics they pulled in this game.

They needed to be humbled and they were. We haven't won shit so they need to act like it on the court.

What a joke...

42 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Of course you now think it's fools gold because you believe his impact wasn't what it was but I am here to say his +/- is accurate and deserved. He played solid.

He was one of the reasons why they hung around.  Without those offensive rebounds, they lose this game easily.  All we ask our frontline to do, is make timely baskets, play decent defense in the paint, and secure defensive rebounds. 

If Okongwu was as active in the 4th quarter, than he was the first 3 quarters, we win this game by double digits.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Second chance points 37-2.  That was the ball game.  
The other starters 0-10 on threes.  Y’all are nuts for blaming the back court.  Anyone who said OO is our future at C was wrong.  

I’m not solely blaming Trae for this game. But one thing just irked the crap out of me. Rockets had just scored cutting the lead to 3 (literally a one possession game) with 6 minutes remaining. And Trae does his time wasting manoeuvre where he walks the ball down the court without touching to allow the game clock to run without starting to shot clock. Now this pisses me off at the best of times with a double digit lead in the last 2 minutes. But to do that up literally one fkn possession with 6 minutes to go??? Just completely signals that we and he weren’t up for the fight and just wanted to walk out of there with a win handed to us. Wtf was wasting a few seconds with 6 minutes left of a one score going to do? I said "Just grab the ball, run a fkn play and execute you fkn moron".... lol

Edited by terrell

15 minutes ago, terrell said:

Keep going...

HC

PG

GM

Shouldn't hear any more of let him play his game, he needs the ball, give him some time to settle in.

Shouldn't hear any more, but he took us to the ECF. 

He's still your GM, I dont care what label Fields has. 

Edited by StonedDogs
Misspelling
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, marco102 said:

This is gross. You can have fun without being disrespected. Scored all the points and still lost - well-deserved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

We can definitely go play by play and nitpick.

However, our top to players scored damn near 40 points.  Do you know how freaking rare that is.  Offense wasn't nearly the biggest problem.  We lost the rebounding war by 31 rebounds..  There's your ball game. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

We can definitely go play by play and nitpick.

However, our top to players scored damn near 40 points.  Do you know how freaking rare that is.  Offense wasn't nearly the biggest problem.  We lost the rebounding war by 31 rebounds..  There's your ball game. 

Also only 18 points in the 4th quarter, and also only 14 assists and giving up 128 points - enough areas to point to for the loss.

37 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Pass the ball around and get better looks. Stop jacking up jump shots when no one on the Rockets could stay in front of him and Murray.

In the 4th quarter, Trae and Murray were 3 - 9 FG, after being brilliant for 3 quarters.

The rest of the team was 1 - 5 FG . . which continued their cold shooting.

The answer that everyone wants to see is . . . pass it to AJ.  That would've been nice.  But once again, this is a coaching scheme.  If Nate wants AJ to get more shots, he can demand that his guys get the ball to AJ coming off screens or whenever he's open.

As for other people, Trae passed the ball to Hunter 3 times for open 3s.  Dejounte passed it to him once.  AJ got it to him once.  All open 3s.  All misses.

Video and Shotcharts | Stats | NBA.com