Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Too much pressure is being put on AJ to be the volume bench scorer these past 2 games.  And he's hunting 3s, instead of just taking what the offense gives him.  3 - 15 from 3 in the last 2 games, out of 19 total shots.

Exactly. They need to get him more involved in the offense besides just taking 3s. He has a versatile enough offensive package. 

• Like 2

Tony Ressler if you're reading this..

I hate to break it to you, but This Trae(40 mill) Murray(Wants 35 million)) backcourt aint winning shit....And Travis paying JC and Dre that much $ (before he had to )is another disaster in his list of failures......Please dont let him make the same mistake again with Murray.  He's not a max player.....Another bad contract and we're doomed for the forseeable future.. 

I honestly hate this team right now.(-Clint Capela and AJ(he just plays the right way))

The rest of this team I only root for because they have a Hawks jersey on.... They all could  be traded and I wouldnt mind at all... As a matter of fact,  I'd celebrate.....

The sooner we fire Schlenk and Nate and start another rebuild the better..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That's why I didn't watch this game. Too stressful. I'll wait to watch again when Bogi is back

You might not be watching any more Hawks games then.  Bogi is acting like someone who is afraid of being re-injured.  If so, he may not be back..  

We have been terrible in 4th quarters in Trae era every year except that Ecf year later in the season. Nothing new. Embiid closed the game, our best player is not a closer.

2 minutes ago, georgia said:

Someone is about to get fired.    That’s the nature of the nba.    It’s either Nate or Travis.    

Other issue is our bench sucks.    We’re having to play d-league players to get a spark.  

How about both..

Edited by terrell

4 minutes ago, terrell said:

We have been terrible in 4th quarters in Trae era every year except that Ecf year later in the season. Nothing new. Embiid closed the game, our best player is not a closer.

How about both..

I hate to say it, but the league has figured Trae out to some extent. They are not letting him have that floater. We have no shooters to make them pay. 

• Sad 1

Knicks should be happy they got Brunson in FA instead of giving up the farm for Murray.. 

That dude is tough as nails and takes care of the basketball..

Murray has this high bouncing dribble that i noticed early on and now it is becoming a liability……his play and acquisition has turned out to be a dud thus far.

3 minutes ago, georgia said:

Just not winning basketball throwing the oop.   More about a highlight reel and trash talk.  

I been telling yall that since Trae rookie year.. Fans will apoligize to me in 10 years or so looking back on this era.. lol

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

If you can get it past Embiid, it works...

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

I been telling yall that since Trae rookie year.. Fans will apoligize to me in 10 years or so looking back on this era.. lol

I apologize.   

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You might as well give it up. When it comes to Trae some just have a bee in their bonnet no matter what.

2 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

To have a bee in one’s bonnet means to be obsessed with a certain idea, to be preoccupied with something. The term is derived from the Scottish idiom a head full of bees. This term is first found in a translation of Virgil’s Aeneid, rendered by the Scott Alexander Douglas in the mid-1500s: “Quhat bern be thou in bed with heid full of beis?” By the late 1700s, the idiom evolved into have a bee in one’s bonnet, as evinced in Reverend Philip Doddridge’s Letters: “He has, as the Scotch call it, a Bee in his Bonnet.” The idiom is now often used as a an admonishment when someone is too obsessed with a certain idea, as in “Who put a bee in your bonnet?

Worth repeating.

• Like 1