• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I really like this trade. Also gets us a 24 million dollar TPE.

Trae/Holiday

Rivers/Griffin 

Hunter/Holiday 

Okongwu/JJ/Z. Collins

KAT/Capela/Z. Collins

Obviously, we would likely trade Capela to resolve the SG/shooting gap. Maybe something like Gary Trent Jr. For Capela works for us. 

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_11-29-2022_10-09-44AM.png

What are you doing? Take a deep breath and step away from the trade machine thingy. 

You hate bad lazy basketball but you are trying to get KAT and Rivers here? 

KAT IS TRASH 🗑️.

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Udoka, Snyder, Atkinson and a "splashier" hire that I feel is probably D'antoni but I couldn't pin them down to confirm that as the "splashier" hire.

I wonder if this is a mid season or post season kind of deal?  I know Udoka is available immediately.  And I assume Quin could leave his consulting role easily enough. Same with D'antoni. But isn't Kenny an asst coach with the Warriors?  Can he leave mid season to take HC position?  Would they even do that?  

Just curious if the rumblings you are hearing imply a midseason move would be avoided or if that's on the table?  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Sothron said:

Breaking down by attacking the rim is our next best option unless Nate realizes we can run guys through screens to get Trae, Hunter and Griff free for three point shots. 

Why would you do that when teams give us wide open threes and we can't hit them??

Are your sources watching the games... or reading the board while they clean up the conference room??

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

The t wolves last year did not have a starter on the court that was as bad as trae young on defense...

That's true but Trae is going to be an issue no matter what. It is what it is. We can't fix him on defense but we can on offense. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

What are you doing? Take a deep breath and step away from the trade machine thingy. 

You hate bad lazy basketball but you are trying to get KAT and Rivers here? 

KAT IS TRASH 🗑️.

KAT is probably the best offensive fit for Trae in the NBA. He's great at setting screens, moving off the ball, shooting 3s, posting up, drawing double teams and getting attention. KAT is a beast offensively. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Stop with the 2K trades man.  

Rivers as the starting SG....man stop.

We really don't have many options unless we move Capela other than starting the rookie. We could do a deal for Capela to Toronto for GTJ or LAC for Kennard and Mann. We would have a 24 million dollar TPE. We can use that for someone like Harris on Brooklyn 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Murray hasn't fit yet and the turnovers are getting out of control.  That's the biggest but not only problem. 

Talking about flukes, last year's best offense in the league (or second best i don't know) wasn't real.  If you looked at fourth quarter offense we absolutely sucked and that hasn't changed. 

I'll go back to my assertion that even with Murray our wing core is bad.  Murray/AJ/Hunter/whoever isn't getting it done.   Which is why you see desperation attempts to get something out of AH, JH, Forrest.  

Well, we are a lot different than last year....

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

KAT is probably the best offensive fit for Trae in the NBA. He's great at setting screens, moving off the ball, shooting 3s, posting up, drawing double teams and getting attention. KAT is a beast offensively. 

For me he’s in that Ben category of new age whiner, misses games, doesn’t play D worth crap, hoists threes no matter what the score, and is one of the SOFTEST BIGS since his idol Horford. 

His idol is literally Alice and you can see how he patterned his game after that wuss. SOFT A$$ 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I honestly thought he was trolling. KAT and Rivers are gonna come in here and thrive under Nate’s brilliant scheme. :aaa:

Rivers is making 1.8 million. He don't even matter but why are you so down on KAT. He would be a monster for us and he would unlock Okongwu top impact value for us as well. 

• Premium Member

I want to see what a good coach can do with our offense before we even think about making personnel changes.  That goes for JC too... makes me wonder if that's part of why he keeps getting in trade rumors but the FO doesn't pull the trigger.  JC has a unique skillset that a good coach could maximize offensively, more so than "take advantage of your matchup" after a switch.  Same goes for Hunter and especially OO.  I think OO could blossom with the right coaches on staff.  JJ as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Spud2nique said:

For me he’s in that Ben category of new age whiner, misses games, doesn’t play D worth crap, hoists threes no matter what the score, and is one of the SOFTEST BIGS since his idol Horford. 

His idol is literally Alice and you can see how he patterned his game after that wuss. SOFT A$$ 

His paint protection is pretty damn good. It's his overall defense that's lacking. Offensively, Trae unlocks his strengths too. I really don't see a downside.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We aren't clicking for whatever reason. It's not like we are far off. But we do have some systemic issues, including rebounding, shooting and 4th quarter execution. 

Our first half of the last three games shows that we can dominate any team... Dominate.   We can be a dominant team.  But our second half of those same games shows that we can be dominated and just as bad when a zone goes up. 

Our bad habit is pace related.   Part of that is the supposed preference of either Trae or Nate.  Somebody is calling for the slow down.  I think it's Trae because he likes to control the floor.   The problem is that when the game slows down, our players stop moving and they all believe that they can hit three point shots.  This is where Nate is supposed to put his foot down.   He has to tell the players if you're not going to move and play with Pace, then I will play with Rookies and G-Leaguers and sit you freshly on the bench... and that includes Trae.   

We can be a dominant team... even with our deficiencies... and no player on this team (with the exceptions of Hunter and OO) are beyond their depth or lacking. 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

He would be a monster for us and he would unlock Okongwu top impact value for us as well. 

Yeah, this is definitely the best reason to go get KAT imo.  OO has shown he can hit midrangers and his shooting will only improve imo.  I hate the personality pairing of Trae+KAT but the offensive fit is undeniable.

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Our first half of the last three games shows that we can dominate any team... Dominate.   We can be a dominant team.  But our second half of those same games shows that we can be dominated and just as bad when a zone goes up. 

Our bad habit is pace related.   Part of that is the supposed preference of either Trae or Nate.  Somebody is calling for the slow down.  I think it's Trae because he likes to control the floor.   The problem is that when the game slows down, our players stop moving and they all believe that they can hit three point shots.  This is where Nate is supposed to put his foot down.   He has to tell the players if you're not going to move and play with Pace, then I will play with Rookies and G-Leaguers and sit you freshly on the bench... and that includes Trae.   

We can be a dominant team... even with our deficiencies... and no player on this team (with the exceptions of Hunter and OO) are beyond their depth or lacking. 

I was about to cosign this till the last paragraph which was awful. That said, the rest was worth a dap