• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers

lethalweapon3

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Hawks have been in Atlanta for 40 years.  Greatest postseason in Atlanta history took place behind Trae.  Maybe that is damning with faint praise but I’ll happily play this out.

Yeah hold on to that.. It WAS a fun ride..I just mentioned it earlier. I was talking about Trae wanting to make ESPN highlights..

34 minutes ago, georgia said:

Who the hell throws a half court alley oop from half court with 8 secs to go???

I can't believe Nate drew up a lob over the 7 foot Embiid after a timeout. That's all you got?! Or did he call his usual play "Trae go do something"....

I'm tired of this team the last two seasons. Coaches and players...The squandering of leads, unimaginative schemes, and constantly getting outcoached and outhustled.... If the PnR or midrange shot doesnt fall, they are dead in the water. It's become an unenjoyable product...

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

The Atlanta Hawks had one of those “just flush it and move on” games Wednesday night. They were terrible on both ends of the court, but particularly on offense where Trae Young was 3-of-12, the team shot 6-of-30 from three, and everyone looked listless. The entire Hawks roster played like they were planning where to go get drinks after the game. Nobody’s mind was in it.

That frustrated Hawks’ assistant coach Melvin Hunt, who took it out on a chair during a timeout.

Hawks coach throws a chair in anger which nearly hits Trae Young 

That came a little close to Young, who just got back on the court after a sprained ankle.

The rant did no good. The Hawks lost 113-93 to Chicago, making Tomas Satoransky look like an All-Star on his way to 27 points.

That was terruble...

1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

Never said 30 shots. But 14 and a loss is a joke. Give me 20 shots and 30+ points with a win. 

Even if it's 7 - 20 FG ... 1 - 5 3FG .  but also 9 - 9 FT.

That's Trae being aggressive on a rough shooting night, but still being productive and leading to wins.

The problem with Trae going for 18 and 10, is that you still need someone, if not multiple people going for 25+ points. If you don't have that, you may not score enough points to win games.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AHF said:

Hawks have been in Atlanta for 40 years.  Greatest postseason in Atlanta history took place behind Trae.  Maybe that is damning with faint praise but I’ll happily play this out.

We are 56-53 since the end of the 2021 ECF. Playoff games included from last year.  Mid as hell..

Edited by terrell

8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Even if it's 7 - 20 FG ... 1 - 5 3FG .  but also 9 - 9 FT.

That's Trae being aggressive on a rough shooting night, but still being productive and leading to wins.

The problem with Trae going for 18 and 10, is that you still need someone, if not multiple people going for 25+ points. If you don't have that, you may not score enough points to win games.

If Trae Max can't carry the offense he isn't worth it. He can't guard his position, and all 4 players have to cover for him on defense. If he can't cover for them on offense then what is the point?

• Premium Member

I think we have something, we just have to define exactly what it is. This is the hard part.   Players have to find their roles and for Schlenk, he needs to be on the phone... just in case. 

CC = Secure.   He's proven that he's solid.

Trae = the franchise.   He ain't going nowhere. 

DJM...  Here's the thing.   We have to find out what works for him and us.   He's a combo guard and we value his defense and ball handling.   But can he run an offense.   I think he'd work better in an uptempo game.   We have to condition our team for that.   We started off with uptempo pace tonight and brought it down to a crawl.  It's hard scoring against a set defense. 

Hunter ... He's OK.  But he has to do more than just be a scorer and a defender.  He has to learn how to pass the damn ball and how to rebound the damn ball.  He seriously ignores those two aspects of the game. 

JC...  Better get that stroke working or learn how to pass out of threes.  It's a shame that they run no real plays for JC.   I saw him running PNR tonight and he's good at it.  But he can be more than that.   His face up game from the high post is good.   He really shouldn't be posted out at the three point line (until he can hit it with regularity.).   He's not Gallo. 

AJ...  He's great by instinct.  but I think he has hit a wall. 

JJ...   Athletic.

Holidaze...  can be both pitbulls and poodles.  Just not consistent. 

OO...  Damn man.  Get it together. 

Forrest...  I like this young fella.  He's gritty.   He should have gotten that foul call too. 

About OO... is there still a big man camp he can go to?  I know Hakeem used to run one.  I know McHale used to work out with bigs too.   I know those fellas are old.. but OO needs to work out with somebody.  Mainly offensive awareness.  If you think he understands PNR, you are fooling yourself or you are not watching the games.    He should work out with Bam over the summer.  Because right now... he just has no awareness.  His defense is instinctual and athletic... he's better than he was his first two years where a blink would get him in the air.   However, he still has the potential to get drug by crafty bigs partly because he doesn't understand offenses fully.   I  have found that when you understand offenses (sometimes) it helps with your defense.

Can we spend some money on Whitesides?

Mainly though, we need to run faster more consistently. 

It was interesting that Dre had a string of double digit points until the Houston game. 

Congratulation to Trae for becoming our all-time leader in double digit assist games. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

What should he have done in that situation?

I didn't think that the Lob was a highlight reel play.  it could have made a highlight reel but Embiid played it correctly.  Actually, it's very similar to a play we all remember.  On that play, Trae came in a little closer and Embiid backed up and jumped late.   It's the same set up.   Only thing is that Trae realized that Embiid would block the lob if he allowed him to get a running start and so he released early... but Embiid didn't run out, Embiid dropped back and stopped the lob. 

Now, when we did this in the playoffs.. where was the commentary about who does this in the playoffs??  There was none.. because it worked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1