• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Agree with you D'Antoni is not the guy because of his age.  We need someone that is creative and needs to prove themselves.  Mike is 71 years old... I don't see that fire in him anymore.  He's coasting into retirement right now.  Snyder is kind of meh, I think the fit is there for our roster and what he has experience coaching, but I like Atkinson the most and feel like he's the most likely with Schlenk's ties to GS -- this would mean we likely wait until the offseason to make a change.  Udoka is a no-go for me.  Celtics have a championship roster and got rid of him, so whatever he did must have been pretty vile.

The way I see it...

D'Antoni would have the plan to make this team work.  That' why Nate ought to call him to advise and let him make up the offensive plan.  Nate shouldn't be threatened by D'Antoni because D'Antoni is too old to coach full time.  He'd be Nate's Tex Winter.   I believe Nate still has the players ear but their inconsistency is a problem. 

I am with you on Synder.  Something about his Utah run says...  What?  and I think he wants the Bud position of being Coach and GM.  And the end of the day, he may be a guy like Lenny who can get the most out of his players in the regular season but gets buzzed in the post season. 

I'm actually with you on Udoka.  He had great assistants.   We see that clearly now.   I fear this rendition of the Celts more than last year's Celts.  I know he has a good pedigree  but how much was his coaching and how much was him picking the right staff?

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Sothron said:

He had an affair with a vice president's wife. 

I would caution people to think about Ressler when you consider the Hawks new coach or major changes. He is more hands on that he ever shows publicly. When my source said Ressler wants a "splashy" hire it makes me think someone I really like, Atkinson, won't get a chance. D'Antoni and Snyder would be "splashy" though. 

How is Snyder splashy?   People want to knock Nate's resume for having no playoff success but just look an Snyder's.  He won 3 games outside of round 1 in 7 trips to the playoffs with teams that consistently won 50 games.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

How is Snyder splashy?   People want to knock Nate's resume for having no playoff success but just look an Snyder's.  He won 3 games outside of round 1 in 7 trips to the playoffs with teams that consistently won 50 games.

Snyder is widely considered one of the five best coaches in the NBA. I don't know how that would not be considered splashy. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Udoka, Snyder, Atkinson and a "splashier" hire that I feel is probably D'antoni but I couldn't pin them down to confirm that as the "splashier" hire.

These cheap-a**es ain't gonna wanna pay nobody "splashy".  They just gonna hire Atkinson cause he's cheap.

Hoping all the Udoka stuff comes to light so we can know enough about what actually happened. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Hoping all the Udoka stuff comes to light so we can know enough about what actually happened. 

I just read like 6 articles on this and it sounds like he had a short consensual affair with the team service manager, who was responsible for booking travel, lodging, and game tickets for family members.  She's married and has 3 kids -- personal ties to Danny Ainge (that's how she got the job).  Her name is out there now and it doesn't look as bad as what I expected to be honest.  Doesn't speak well of Udoka's character of course as he was also married (to Nia Long), but nothing too heinous.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

One thing I forgot about this stupid game was Hunter taking and missing a tech late in the game with Murray and AJ on the floor.   Nice going.

you can all ask my wife, I was yelling at the TV about that.   The guy is probably the worst FT shooter on the team relative to how he shoots on other shots.  

What's the reason for that?  How are you a good mid range and 3 pt shooter but you can't hit free throws north of 60%?  Is that all mental?  Is he another mentally weak player on  this team?

• Premium Member
56 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Rivers is making 1.8 million. He don't even matter but why are you so down on KAT. He would be a monster for us and he would unlock Okongwu top impact value for us as well. 

1. He's a Kitty Kat

2. Unlocking OO - I don't see what you see my man.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Please stop with the IGNORANCE......

Terrell, I know you have your agenda and all but you have the most ignorant and uninformed post on this damn Board.... Sheez...  It's sad really... but being the kind hearted soul that I am, I'm going to help you... and reintroduce you to the exaggeration.. not by Trae Stans... but by HISTORY...

June 2, 2021 - Joined Michael Jordan as the only two players in NBA history to score 30+ points in three straight road playoff games against the Knicks.

June 14, 2021 - First player to record at least 25 points and 18 assists in a playoff game since Tim Hardaway in 1991.

June 14, 2021 - The youngest player on record to drop 20+ PTS and 15+ AST in an NBA playoff game.

June 18, 2021 - Longest streak (11 games) in NBA postseason history with 20+ points and 7+ assists. 

June 20, 2021 - Joined Doc Rivers as the only Hawks player to record a double-double with points and assists in Game 7.

June 23, 2021 - The youngest player ever to record 40+ points and 10+ assists in a Conference Finals game.

June 23, 2021 - First Hawks player to score 20+ points and drop 10+ assists in three straight playoff games.

June 23, 2021 - First player in NBA history to record 45-or-more points and 10-or-more assists in a Conference Finals game.

June 23, 2021 - Most points in a Conference Finals debut (42).

Now do efficiency..  Ill do it for you.... 41%FG... 31% 3pt...

Trae always puts up numbers.. Ive never disputed that..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I just read like 6 articles on this and it sounds like he had a short consensual affair with the team service manager, who was responsible for booking travel, lodging, and game tickets for family members.  She's married and has 3 kids -- personal ties to Danny Ainge (that's how she got the job).  Her name is out there now and it doesn't look as bad as what I expected to be honest.  Doesn't speak well of Udoka's character of course as he was also married (to Nia Long), but nothing too heinous.

Well, I don't think he and Nia are married. 

However, yeah... he slept with somebody close to Ainge and I believe with somebody else.   It's a black eye that the Celts avoided because if the sex was consensual then both parties should have been punished.   That's a lawsuit right there.  I thought I heard somewhere that before it became public, he was told to stop and basically said... make me.

Anywho... I think he may be a good coach but we don't want that kind of splashy...

There are really no Splashy coaches.. Unless you can get Pat Riley or Phil Jackson's ass out there. 

Maybe you can get Brad Stevens ass out there... That's Splashy.

Orlando Magic, Los Angeles Lakers Ex Coach Frank Vogel ...  Stan Van Gundy Hired as Coach of the New Orleans Pelicans - The New York  Times  Scott Brooks - Wikipedia  Ex Houston Rockets Guard Sam Cassell Interviewing For Utah Jazz Coaching  Job - Sports Illustrated Houston Rockets News, Analysis and More  Cavs hire Luke Walton as assistant coach | NBA.com

• Moderators

Splashy is proving that you can recognize that guys like Monty Williams and Willie Green (and Udoka when the Celts hired him) can be good coaches.  Travis whiffed on that with LP not recognizing that you have to have the ability for people to want to follow your lead.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Please stop with the IGNORANCE......

Terrell, I know you have your agenda and all but you have the most ignorant and uninformed post on this damn Board.... Sheez...  It's sad really... but being the kind hearted soul that I am, I'm going to help you... and reintroduce you to the exaggeration.. not by Trae Stans... but by HISTORY...

June 2, 2021 - Joined Michael Jordan as the only two players in NBA history to score 30+ points in three straight road playoff games against the Knicks.

June 14, 2021 - First player to record at least 25 points and 18 assists in a playoff game since Tim Hardaway in 1991.

June 14, 2021 - The youngest player on record to drop 20+ PTS and 15+ AST in an NBA playoff game.

June 18, 2021 - Longest streak (11 games) in NBA postseason history with 20+ points and 7+ assists. 

June 20, 2021 - Joined Doc Rivers as the only Hawks player to record a double-double with points and assists in Game 7.

June 23, 2021 - The youngest player ever to record 40+ points and 10+ assists in a Conference Finals game.

June 23, 2021 - First Hawks player to score 20+ points and drop 10+ assists in three straight playoff games.

June 23, 2021 - First player in NBA history to record 45-or-more points and 10-or-more assists in a Conference Finals game.

June 23, 2021 - Most points in a Conference Finals debut (42).

Funny how is alway an "agenda" when Im talking about Trae.. Anyone else I never see that word..If I have an "agenda" its geared towards Schlenk dumbass not Trae.... lol

Edited by terrell

• Moderators
13 hours ago, terrell said:

We are 56-53 since the end of the 2021 ECF. Playoff games included from last year.  Mid as hell..

Right - and Dallas has a losing record this season.  Both teams should continue to build around Trae and Luka respectively.  Trae was 23 when this season started and Luka is 23 for a few more months.  They are both very young with more development and long careers ahead of them.

• Thanks 2