• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Why would you do that when teams give us wide open threes and we can't hit them??

Are your sources watching the games... or reading the board while they clean up the conference room??

That's my take, not the source you quoted there just to point that out. I feel we should run guys off screens to create movement and give guys that can catch and shoot the chance to do it in games.

• Like 3

Just now, NBASupes said:

Rivers is making 1.8 million. He don't even matter but why are you so down on KAT. He would be a monster for us and he would unlock Okongwu top impact value for us as well. 

I don’t know but there are a couple or few guys that I watch and thank God they aren’t Hawks.

1. Ben Simmons

2. KAT 

3. Derozan

4. Lavine

We get one of those and we aren’t trying to win we trying to sell tickets 🎫.

Schlenk won’t get KAT.

We have enough talent and star ⭐️ power. This is about philosophy, hustle and understanding key moments of a basketball game.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I like Delon Wright too but can we stop acting like a guy who's played on 7 teams in 7 seasons would have put us in the finals?

Delon didn't fit either. The metrics look good but they were mainly in spurts

Just now, Spud2nique said:

I don’t know but there are a couple or few guys that I watch and thank God they aren’t Hawks.

1. Ben Simmons

2. KAT 

3. Derozan

4. Lavine

We get one of those and we aren’t trying to win we trying to sell tickets 🎫.

Schlenk won’t get KAT.

We have enough talent and star ⭐️ power. This is about philosophy, hustle and understanding key moments of a basketball game.

I cosign 3 of those names. Not KAT tho.

Execution lacks, which means either our signal caller draws up horrible plays or the players fail to execute them.

I feel like we aren’t watching the score. I know coaches say don’t watch the score just play like it’s 0-0 but situational scoring for a team is needed.

Plus we essentially run the same $hit all game so by the time the 4th rolls around teams adjusted and we counter to it.

• Like 2

Just now, Sothron said:

I just have to comment that I would give up half the roster to get KAT. Trae and KAT together on offense would be God mode.

Take a break from 2K. Do you realize how god awful KAT is on D. The dude is a mediocre chucker. He puts up numbers and that’s it.

Not many trades would piss me off, if we got KAT I’m pissed he isn’t consistent at all as a winner.

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I wonder if this is a mid season or post season kind of deal?  I know Udoka is available immediately.  And I assume Quin could leave his consulting role easily enough. Same with D'antoni. But isn't Kenny an asst coach with the Warriors?  Can he leave mid season to take HC position?  Would they even do that?  

Just curious if the rumblings you are hearing imply a midseason move would be avoided or if that's on the table?  

I don't believe none of it... especially since D'Antoni made the list.   D'Antoni is my guy... He's my boy... but he doesn't make since because he's as old as Pop.   It just sounds nice.  I would have respected it more if they had just rode the Synder Train really hard... 

The truth is that we have shown some dominance and dominance of Good teams.  We just have failed to be consistent.   Part of why I asked if Nate or Schlenk or whoever would be willing to humble themselves and bring back Melvin Hunt.   He might not be Trae's favorite but he's a guy who put together good plays for our lineup.  What he was doing with the double screens was working in the playoffs.   We haven't seen it since. 

I would fire Prunty, his Kid and everybody else on the bench except NVE and Lombardi or whatever his name is... and bring in Melvin and a few more coaches who can do the Xs and Os.   Hunt's Birthday is on the 15th of next month.. let's bring him in before his birthday.

• Like 1

There are so many shooting SGs in this league and many overpaid, we can get one of them for Capela. 

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I just have to comment that I would give up half the roster to get KAT. Trae and KAT together on offense would be God mode. Trae and Dlo are about the same defensively so there's not much difference there on defense.

I don't know about half the roster, but I would make a very strong offer for sure. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

But Trae and Murray DO work together, using the same criteria you just used.

The issue is when Dejounte or Trae is out there with another guard. This is why people must be patient and see if Bogi fixes some of our issues.

I hope youre right.. 

But when is Bogi even returning? When was the last update?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

That's my take, not the source you quoted there just to point that out. I feel we should run guys off screens to create movement and give guys that can catch and shoot the chance to do it in games.

Most of our shooters are standstill shooters.   Hunter really don't know what he is but he is going to shoot it.   JC is a standstill shooter.   I don't know about the Holidaze.  However, getting guys to move is great but they don't have to come off screens. Everybody is not Reggie.  I would rather see us develop some double screens off the screen and roll and for us to develop a true PNP.   I don't think that any of the guys we have one the court now can approach 40% from three so having them come off the screen for a three is a waste.  Move JC inside the arc and let him play PNP with Dejounte or Trae.   Hold on to PNR with 1-5.   Do a few double screens to get Hunter and JC the ball in the midrange.   Same for Dejounte.   We make it very hard for our offense because we drop the pace and we're walking it up against a set defense.   This is why we can dominate playoff basketball... We've mastered the game when it slows down.  But right now, we wneed to develop quick plays..  Make quicker reads... and stop holding the ball. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Take a break from 2K. Do you realize how god awful KAT is on D. The dude is a mediocre chucker. He puts up numbers and that’s it.

Not many trades would piss me off, if we got KAT I’m pissed he isn’t consistent at all as a winner.

KAT is not bad on D. That's a media thing. KAT was good on D last season for the Twolves and has been good this season. It is the missing of PatBev and Vanderbilt that is hurting Minnesota this year, not KAT.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I like Delon Wright too but can we stop acting like a guy who's played on 7 teams in 7 seasons would have put us in the finals?

He would be a great defensive compliment to what we have.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't believe none of it... especially since D'Antoni made the list.   D'Antoni is my guy... He's my boy... but he doesn't make since because he's as old as Pop.   It just sounds nice.  I would have respected it more if they had just rode the Synder Train really hard... 

The truth is that we have shown some dominance and dominance of Good teams.  We just have failed to be consistent.   Part of why I asked if Nate or Schlenk or whoever would be willing to humble themselves and bring back Melvin Hunt.   He might not be Trae's favorite but he's a guy who put together good plays for our lineup.  What he was doing with the double screens was working in the playoffs.   We haven't seen it since. 

I would fire Prunty, his Kid and everybody else on the bench except NVE and Lombardi or whatever his name is... and bring in Melvin and a few more coaches who can do the Xs and Os.   Hunt's Birthday is on the 15th of next month.. let's bring him in before his birthday.

Agree with you D'Antoni is not the guy because of his age.  We need someone that is creative and needs to prove themselves.  Mike is 71 years old... I don't see that fire in him anymore.  He's coasting into retirement right now.  Snyder is kind of meh, I think the fit is there for our roster and what he has experience coaching, but I like Atkinson the most and feel like he's the most likely with Schlenk's ties to GS -- this would mean we likely wait until the offseason to make a change.  Udoka is a no-go for me.  Celtics have a championship roster and got rid of him, so whatever he did must have been pretty vile.

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

KAT is not bad on D. That's a media thing. KAT was good on D last season for the Twolves and has been good this season. It is the missing of PatBev and Vanderbilt that is hurting Minnesota this year, not KAT.

He's good at certain things on D. Good at drop coverage. Good at paint protection. His issue is rim protection and defending in space. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

image.thumb.png.35ab0dafb67031fa6eb6d3696f68c5af.png

His biggest shot of that quarter was the 30 foot bomb that he hit to put us up by 6.  And he scared the bejesus out of Ben Simmons.

Kevin and Gallo get keys to the city of Atlanta for their Game 7 performance.  But the superstar PG would not be denied in the 4th quarter of that game.

Not saying he didnt have a good Playoff run and some good games.. Im just saying you and his stans exaggerate how great he was  imo.. That's all.. But you wouldnt be a stan if you didnt, so I get it.... lol

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I agree 100% about Melvin Hunt. He was a vital part of this coaching staff. Any of the neat offensive changes or plays we did came from Melvin. He would get onto Trae about his shooting random 30 foot threes which IMO is why he's gone. But I agree that we could use him. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Agree with you D'Antoni is not the guy because of his age.  We need someone that is creative and needs to prove themselves.  Mike is 71 years old... I don't see that fire in him anymore.  He's coasting into retirement right now.  Snyder is kind of meh, I think the fit is there for our roster and what he has experience coaching, but I like Atkinson the most and feel like he's the most likely with Schlenk's ties to GS -- this would mean we likely wait until the offseason to make a change.  Udoka is a no-go for me.  Celtics have a championship roster and got rid of him, so whatever he did must have been pretty vile.

He had an affair with a vice president's wife. 

I would caution people to think about Ressler when you consider the Hawks new coach or major changes. He is more hands on that he ever shows publicly. When my source said Ressler wants a "splashy" hire it makes me think someone I really like, Atkinson, won't get a chance. D'Antoni and Snyder would be "splashy" though.