• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers

lethalweapon3

3 hours ago, terrell said:

Yeah he scored and assisted like he always does, but Dude shot 41%FG and 31% 3pt and his Stans act like he was MJ in the 2021 Playoffs. lol. He wouldve shot us out of game 7 in Philly if it werent for Huerter....

Then Miami completely shut him down the following year..

And this year doesnt look to be going any better.

Hawks fans are delusional when it comes to Trae...

image.thumb.png.35ab0dafb67031fa6eb6d3696f68c5af.png

His biggest shot of that quarter was the 30 foot bomb that he hit to put us up by 6.  And he scared the bejesus out of Ben Simmons.

Kevin and Gallo get keys to the city of Atlanta for their Game 7 performance.  But the superstar PG would not be denied in the 4th quarter of that game.

• Thanks 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I can't believe you, soth.  Putting coach names out there like that.  So mean.

But uh .... just in case somebody missed the post while on a short sabbatical..... what were those names?  Asking for a friend .....

Udoka, Snyder, Atkinson and a "splashier" hire that I feel is probably D'antoni but I couldn't pin them down to confirm that as the "splashier" hire.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Its almost as if everybody but NBAsupes knew from the beginning that nate mcmillian is a terrible head coach lol. His staff is also filled with horrible options so they will not move on until the end of the season. The athletic wrote an article after last seasons playoff series and it was very telling of what the front office thinks of nate... he aint the guy and they will change in the offseason when only one year remains on his deal

We just can't throw away another year though.  If Nate ain't the guy then let's get moving.   Put Van Exel in charge until the end of the year or something.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Kat and gobert don't work at all but you think kat and capela will... yes they don't have trae but come on lol. this is a bit of an overreaction dont ya think

Capela can come off the bench or we can trade him in another deal. 

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

Im officially in box score watching mode. Got too much stuff going on to dedicate 3 hours several times a week to this team. When Bogi comes back or if the team gets on a roll I'll be back. 

Same here. I had too much to do than to deciate 3 hours during the game and 2 hours after the game on HS. Just too much time. 

1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

Last night the Hawks lost a game in which they held their opponent to 104 points.  And Trae Young had 14 FGA and 10 assists.  He was a facilitator rather than the superstar we have become accustomed to.  

If my research is correct (I think it is, but it was a quick glance), the last time they lost a game in which they held their opponent to 104 points or fewer and Trae had 10 or more assists and 16 or fewer shots was January 2, 2021 vs Cleveland when Trae had 16/10 on 16 FGA and they lost 96-91. 

I *think* that was during the infamous Trae / JC spat about how ball dominant Trae was.  And 2 months later they fired LP.  Will this also spell the end of the Nate era with Atlanta?  Only time will tell.  

We can only hope Nate’s time will come to an end sooner rather than later. 

I really like this trade. Also gets us a 24 million dollar TPE.

Trae/Holiday

Rivers/Griffin 

Hunter/Holiday 

Okongwu/JJ/Z. Collins

KAT/Capela/Z. Collins

Obviously, we would likely trade Capela to resolve the SG/shooting gap. Maybe something like Gary Trent Jr. For Capela works for us. 

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_11-29-2022_10-09-44AM.png

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Mikey said:

any smart team would put trae and kat in the pick and roll. that defense would lead to zero success

We can play the same defense Minnesota played last year which had a lot of success. KAT did a good job as a drop big. Okongwu covers space well so he can do all of the dirty work

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Just finished watching. 16 point lead gone. Honesty, I don’t even know who to blame on this. Team loss I guess. J Hol was nailing threes, our lead just kept dwindling down. 

This is getting really depressing. 11-10 now and we are the 8th seed in the East. We were just the 3rd seed a week ago. 

Our clutchness and execution down the stretch is bad. 

Ar Disney world is a couple days. Outside of the Magic at 5, we have the longest losing streak in the East now at 3.

What is Schlenk thinking? Ressler? I don’t believe either are happy. Schlenk said he made the mistake of not being aggressive after the 2021 postseason when we lost to the Bucks. We made need to do something soon.

Go Hawks! 

ps I hated having to listen to the Sixers broadcast too. Abdelnaby and Kate something. Ugh 😩 

Buckle Up... we have 61 more games to go. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

@Mikey, Nate is not a terrible coach, hes a very good coach especially for our personnel grouping but for this current interation of the Hawks, it's just not a good fit anymore.

he is a terrible coach lol. You know hes bad thats why you changed your profile picture...

In no real job can you make it 2/18 years of having some sort of success and be deemed a good coach. Imagine if you or sothron dropped 18 trade rumors and only got 2 right... nobody would believe you. That is nate as a head coach. He can't adjust, he runs a mid 2000s nba offense and everybody even in the front office knows that. His time in this league as a coach is done

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Ugh, @benhillboy, I had forgot how much I loved Delon.  I'm sure he didn't want to play for the Hawks again because Nate treated him like a rook, and he got to watch Cam chuck two shots a minute and play horrible defense from the bench the first half of the season.  Delon was so good for us and so cheap, I'm just as upset about him being gone as Heurter, but it was ultimately his choice where to sign next.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

We can play the same defense Minnesota played last year which had a lot of success. KAT did a good job as a drop big. Okongwu covers space well so he can do all of the dirty work

The t wolves last year did not have a starter on the court that was as bad as trae young on defense...