• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Magic

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, Plainview1981 said:

I'm thinking Ressler is inept simply for not firing Schlenk. Nothing he does works.

I knew he was a dumbass when he gave Luka fkn Doncic away for Peter Dinklage and a pick(that eventually became a scrub)...

And then he doubles down and hands out these ridiculous extensions to avg players just because....................... Just damn..

Like I said, other than Murray and AJ

I couldnt care less what they do with anyone else. GM,Players, and coaches included..

Only positives from tonight were OO and Dre actually showed some signs of life..

So I guess they're alive afterall..

On to the next one.. smh

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hawkman said:

Negative post alert: It's looking like another season where the Hawks will have to fight to get above .500 during the second half of the season. Absolutely no excuse to allow 50 points in a quarter even in today's high scoring NBA. No pride, no leadership, and no toughness. This game was lost in the 1st.

Nope.

We have 3 starters hurt.  Can't judge this team with this many people hurt.

We're just in mid-December.  No need for hot takes like that . . . yet.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

I'm thinking Ressler is inept simply for not firing Schlenk. Nothing he does works.

Ressler & Co. bought the Hawks for $850M.  It’s now worth $1.975B.  That’s all he cares about “working” lol. Can’t blame him one bit either.

Trae being hugely marketable to kids and the magical run while the core was still on rookie deals was a godsend for the ownership group.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Nope.

We have 3 starters hurt.  Can't judge this team with this many people hurt.

We're just in mid-December.  No need for hot takes like that . . . yet.

I honestly hope you're right. I had high hopes for this season, even after the Huerter trade. Maybe my expectations were too high. I'm just tired of these listless performances. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I honestly hope you're right. I had high hopes for this season, even after the Huerter trade. Maybe my expectations were too high. I'm just tired of these listless performances. 

There is a common theme in all these post-game loss wrap ups. It’s that we have INFERIOR players........................ smdh

10 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Ressler & Co. bought the Hawks for $850M.  It’s now worth $1.975B.  That’s all he cares about “working” lol. Can’t blame him one bit either.

That shit wont work for long..

Doesnt take long for ATlanta folks to get fed up with mediocrity..... Ask AB..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

And what do you think we'd get? This was one of his best games this season btw.. lol

hm. Dre had a much better game, and yet you won't recognize his value. 

OO will forever be a weak and undersized center, unless he develops his mid range jumper. He brings a lot of energy, but that alone won't cut it. 

1 minute ago, BrazilianHawk said:

OO will forever be a weak and undersized center, unless he develops his mid range jumper. He brings a lot of energy, but that alone won't cut it. 

I mention Dre alot tonight in 1st half. He had some good moments.. 

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, terrell said:

That shit wont work for long..

Doesnt take long for ATlanta folks to get fed up with mediocrity..... Ask AB..

You think Hawks fans are some of the more knowledgeable or demanding in the league?  Atlanta is a football town through and through.  

Hawks fans don’t go on sports radio and sound like their mom died, Georgia and Falcons fans do.  Long as Trae has a Top 10 selling jersey he’s here to stay.  Hell @TheNorthCydeRises buys half of em lol.  Love you, North.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Btw, I wasnt disagreeing with you on OO.. I was just saying this was one of his better games this season, which says alot about how his season has went.. lol

1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

You think Hawks fans are some of the more knowledgeable or demanding in the league?  Atlanta is a football town through and through.

No. But I myself have only been to only 1 game this season.  This team just isnt exciting at all this season for me to spend $ on... Only to drive back home to Cobb County pissed off most of the time..... 

My wife and son enjoyed the game much better than I did btw. So I may go to a few more.. Not sure...

They just like hanging out, eating food, etc....

Im taking the game serious.. lol

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

What would our record be with Luka?

Better

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Hawks fans don’t go on sports radio and sound like their mom died, Georgia and Falcons fans do.  Long as Trae has a Top 10 selling jersey he’s here to stay.  Hell @TheNorthCydeRises buys half of em lol.

I've bought 2 Trae jerseys so far.  The first one after the 49 point - 4 OT game in his rookie year.  And I bought the white #11 after Game 3 of the Miami series last year.   I should've bought the MLK #11.

1 minute ago, terrell said:

No. But I myself have only been to only 1 game this season.  This team just isnt exciting at all this season for me to spend $ on... Only to drive back home to Cobb County pissed off most of the time..... 

My wife and son enjoyed the game much better than I did btw. So I may go to a few more.. Not sure...

They just like hanging out, eating food, etc....

Im taking the game serious.. lol

Better

Nope.  Give me a record.

Because he plays more of an ISO game than Trae does.   How does Doncic functions if he doesn't have anyone around him who can shoot the ball?  You'd be rooting for him to take 30 shots . . or despise him like you do Trae.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1