• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Magic

lethalweapon3

Despite being a game under overall the Hawks still 9-5 at home.  That’s something eh?

Am I tripping or do the Hawks lose every game where Dre has a monster scoring game or quarter?

Anyone else had no idea Ressler and Gertz were married?  I’ll also refrain from calling them “cheap” due to more information I’ve gathered lol.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

It’s past midnight 🕛 here on the west coast. I just went into the kitchen and I’m devouring a KING sized Drumstick 🍦 and just not understanding what the heck is going on nightly as I watch this team. 

I had Orlando slotted as a W. :sad:

image.gif.6287b6839d387e21ca78a01fbd02236f.gif

ps Happy national ice cream 🍦 day yesterday, or I guess technically 2 days ago. 🤦‍♀️ 

Been reflecting on this game all morning and am still so disappointed in how we performed last night. Played pretty decent in the second half, but extremely hard to come back from that kind of deficit in the NBA.

Hopefully we show up against Charlotte tomorrow(I will be there!) and start a winning streak.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I think what's going on is bad chemistry in the locker room.   Watch other team's benches and there is support for the players on the floor and excitement when they make a big play.  Sure we get that on an AJ game winner but not much else.   Vit looked like the only one watching the game most of the time.  

I'm not saying our guys don't like each other, i'm just saying there isn't a sense of team and the good pressure to have your teammate's back. 

• Like 2

I'm a believer!  What do I believe?

I believe that this Hawk team is not nearly as good as I thought that they were.

What is the problem?  I know that there is a problem by looking at last night's score and knowing that we are no longer a .500 NBA team.  We do have injured players.  So do the majority of NBA teams.  The players that we do have available aren't.  Aren't what?  Winning!  They are not doing what they are supposed to do.  If they were, Hawks wouldn't look this horrible.  50 point quarters by our opponent?  Who would even believe such a tale?

Murray plays defense when he is playing.  Is he our only defensive player?  Looked that way last night.  Florida boys scored inside.  They scored outside.  If they did miss, they grabbed the rebound and put it back in.  Hawks just stood around and watched or comitted the foul for an "and one" opportunity.

Blame the players?  Blame the coaches?  Blame the GM?  Yep.  There is enough blame for everyone to get a generous slice and have plenty of blame left over.  Maybe the refs did it?  Hah!  

Today opens the trading for more players.  Will we see any changes to anything?

🧑‍🔧Our building just fell down and can't get up!

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

You missed a good stretch by Hunter, OO becoming a bit nice from around 15-20 and Trae getting 16 dimes, that’s about it. Oh ya, the Ulysses Grant 1st Q. 

I need more than a good stretch though.  I need more consistency.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I had Orlando slotted as a W. :sad:

Orlando is not a bad team (by the last few times out).   I think our team probably went into the game thinking this was going to be an easy Dub.. and then got busted in the mouth in the first quarter.     It kinda seemed that way, up until the techs came out.   That's when it looked like we started playing.   We're not the only ones who may have looked pasted Orlando. 

They beat LAC

They beat Toronto twice.  Back to back.  That means that in the second game, Toronto knew what to expect and they still loss.   And in that second game, Toronto played Hard...  Hell, in the first game  F. Wagner scored 34 points on 80% shooting. 

It seems that they are not doing themselves any favors in the Wimby sweepstakes but the way Bol Bol is playing... they don't need Wimby.   My hat is off to coach Mosley because he gave Bol Bol a chance to do what he does.  Had we gotten Bol Bol, we damn sure wouldn't have let him shoot threes. 

These Jokers are young and don't know that they ain't supposed to be winning.   I'm guessing that they are going to give Boston a handful. I might have to watch. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

None of our guys are playing.  Yeah it would have been nice to see Hunter continue his 2nd quarter shooting but part of the problem is his handles are terrible.  

Trae?  I don't know at this point.  It's not going well.   I'm not blaming Nate for his bad play but something's got to give soon.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Trae?  I don't know at this point.  It's not going well.   I'm not blaming Nate for his bad play but something's got to give soon.  

Tighten his play and make his shots. The passing has been there and possibly even better this year. His fg% is just not good.