• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Magic

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Nope.  Give me a record.

Because he plays more of an ISO game than Trae does.   How does Doncic functions if he doesn't have anyone around him who can shoot the ball?  You'd be rooting for him to take 30 shots . . or despise him like you do Trae.

Dude Luka is leadingTrae in every statistical category..And its not even close.... Stop it.. Record? Who knows. Lets swap them and see.. lol

1 minute ago, Iverwig said:

Worse than the Hawks record now. 

Yall could be right because Schlenk sucks at team building..

But LUka better overall player than Trae.. Only an fool would think otherwise..

Edited by terrell

We got Bol’d.

Hunter got 🔥 like he was Nique in the 90’s for a min there.

50… 

Rare that you win 3 quarters and lose one but…50?… 

OO brought it. 

Too late to try and bomb 💣 your way back with threes.

Let’s gettem from the tip next game and make them play at a Hawks pace.

Go Hawks!

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The great Luka Doncic . . . down by 19 at halftime at home vs Cleveland.

He's -21 in the game, by the way, on 4 - 14 FG shooting.

1 game.. Trae has been bad damn near all season dude..

I don’t think it would be the worst thing in the world if he got shoulder surgery and shut it down like Cade Cunningham just did

I don’t believe he’s hurt enough to be sitting out games or anything but he’s missed 44 of his last 54 3s. It’s a third of the way through the season and there’s no sign of this improving, and without it improving it doesn’t make sense to run him out there like the offensive engine. Maybe he just forgot how to do something he did well for the last 3 years, or more likely he’s playing through some discomfort, whether physical, mental, or a combination of the two.

If he shuts it down, either the rest of the team rallies around DJM and comes together which would increase the heat on Trae to play differently, or the tank would be on and the Hawks can find their way into the Wemby sweepstakes. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

That first quarter was the most embarrassing quarter in franchise history. No, I take that back. I'm old enough to remember the "perfect quarter" that Bird's Celtics had back on Nique back in the day. 

So this was the second most embarrassing quarter in franchise history. 50-22. Yes, we won the rest of the game but you don't get kudos from me. 

We are now a below .500 team this far into the season. Pathetic. 

Nate needs to go but this starts from the ownership right from the top. Ressler refuses to pay the luxury tax which means we have a crap bench that doesn't even have the full 15 roster spots filled. We handed Kevin Huerter away for literally nothing. I fully expect us to not even get the Kings future first. We didn't even try to keep Delon Wright after how good he was last season. We intentionally did not use the MLE or the bi annual exception. Vit is on the roster and won't be released literally because his contract is so wonky he's cheaper than anything we can sign.

Imagine if we had a real owner. We would still have Kevin on the roster. Delon Wright would have been resigned to be the backup PG. DJM is still traded here. We would have used the MLE and smaller exception to get better depth. Suddenly our team isn't dying on the vine because of injuries to multiple starters.

I know Nate is going to keep getting a hotter and hotter seat but I'll give him and his staff this: they really are coaching up the young guys. Forrest, Jalen, Culver and AJ have played better than they have any right to be at this point in their careers. 

The game/quarter that always sticks out to me as a Hawk fan, was that Utah game in which they outscored us 40 - 13 to win the game.  Mehmet Okur went off on us from 3. And we couldn't stop AK47 ( Andrei Kirilenko ) either.

JJ, Smoove, and the boys were horrible in that quarter.

And I agree that Nate is somewhat coaching up the young guys.  When we get everyone back, this period should help us as we go into January.

• Premium Member

Has anybody suggested that in their last 4 games, Orlando has beaten:

1 Clippers

2.   Raptors

3.  Raptors

4.  Us

They may not be the bottom dweller that some of yall expect.

They play the Celtics next... 

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Glad I missed this game. I was drinking fine wine and eating good food at the company Christmas party. I'm feeling nice......but 50 points in the 1st quarter. Damn!

Lots O threes and some technical fouls. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The game/quarter that always sticks out to me as a Hawk fan, was that Utah game in which they outscored us 40 - 13 to win the game.  Mehmet Okur went off on us from 3. And we couldn't stop AK47 ( Andrei Kirilenko ) either.

And I agree that Nate is somewhat coaching up the young guys.  When we get everyone back, this period should help us as we go into January.

We still got some chemistry issues to work out. 

However, I like the progress of Griff Money!!

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Yeah, here it is.

• Sad 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is too often a recurring theme. These guys know what time the game starts - BE READY TO GO! SMDH!

All of these quotes piss me off.  Hunter even said "we knew they'd come out with energy" ...uhhh okay?  Nate blaming effort and intensity again like it's not his job to make sure they come out their with energy and intensity.  The guy does nothing but spout rhetoric about energy and intensity while he stands there like a buckingham palace guard all game.  AJ made a game winner and he didn't even unfold his arms -- what the hell is that?  Man I can't wait for the Woj tweet he's gone.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Has anybody suggested that in their last 4 games, Orlando has beaten:

1 Clippers

2.   Raptors

3.  Raptors

4.  Us

They may not be the bottom dweller that some of yall expect.

They play the Celtics next... 

Lots O threes and some technical fouls. 

They're a tough team to guard because they can play so big.  And all of their bigs can shoot, which clears the way for Banchero to wreck shop in the paint and off the dribble on the perimeter.

Their starting lineup was like the Monstars in height.

• 6-10
  • 6-10
  • 6-11
  • 7-2
  • 6-4
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Glad I missed this game. I was drinking fine wine and eating good food at the company Christmas party. I'm feeling nice......but 50 points in the 1st quarter. Damn!

You missed a good stretch by Hunter, OO becoming a bit nice from around 15-20 and Trae getting 16 dimes, that’s about it. Oh ya, the Ulysses Grant 1st Q. 

How was the party 🎉 🌲 🎅? Any dirt from the employees? 😂 

• Haha 2