• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Resselers Ownership is worst than the Atlanta Spirit Group

JTB

No lies detected.  I hated the A$G but atleast you knew what they were.  Current guy is playing us.

I would be curious to hear your thoughts considering you disagree, @MarylandHawk.  Not arguing, just interested.  Hey, you already convinced me to change my mind on Bol.  Maybe you can go 2-for-2. 

Edited by kg01
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

I remember Gearon Sr. Let it be known that Belkin wanted to run the team "On the Cheap".   Then after Belkin was gone, the ASG put caps on how much they would spend. 

BK did a work getting players in here. 

I think Ressler and the ASG are the same.   Ressler has his own Caps on how much he will spend.   If Giannis said he was coming to the Hawks, Ressler would open up his purse.   but without that, we're under the LT like a lottery team.

• Premium Member

A peak into the future that nobody is talking about. 

Either we have a big trade like Hunter or Cap or JC is traded away...

or 

DJM won't get money (max or close to max) from us. 

and one of those others still may get traded. 

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You must have not been around for ASG. Ressler is a million times better than them. It's not even close. 

Disagree.

All I see is public lies to get asses in seats which he has done successfully .

Oh and I was around with ASG trust me I just knew not to expect anything.

With Ressler I once had high expectations but he’s a joke and had me believing in him. If he’s any better than the ASG it’s only slightly. But who cares…being better than the ASG isn’t a real accomplishment because it shouldn’t be that tough.

We need a legit coach.  Too much talent on this team.  

Remember when Shaq played for the Lakers and he wanted a real coach.  Shaq visited Phil Jackson’s lake house and swam across the the middle of the lake for a damn wooden log.  Phil Jackson wanted Shaq to know that he will need to work his tail off if he wanted Phil to be his coach.  We need a coach to inspire Young, and someone who can fix our offense.

Or we can be the picture of BK and the old ownership.  All started with the Kevin Huerter trade.  The next 1-2 Hawk’s moves will dictate a fire sale.  The time is ticking for our new GM.  Make it right ownership.

25B9D0F8-F7DC-4601-A957-00D5A2CE1807.jpeg

• Like 4

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, kg01 said:

No lies detected.  I hated the A$G but atleast you knew what they were.  Current guy is playing us.

I would be curious to hear your thoughts considering you disagree, @MarylandHawk.  Not arguing, just interested.  Hey, you already convinced me to change my mind on Bol.  Maybe you can go 2-for-2. 

Well here goes. The ASG were constantly bickering with each other struggling for power from the beginning of their term till the end. Their top aim was mediocrity and no one was willing to take real risks to get us into championship contention. There was never really one voice. Then comes Ressler who made a great decision to bring in Schlenk, who in my opinion, did real GM work to get this team into the possibility of contention. He worked miracles in creating draft capital when we had the likes of Schröder, Howard, Prince, etc. Ressler sat back and let him do what he needed to do. Meanwhile, everywhere Ressler could make a difference with his money, he did. New arena, training facility, promotions and events, paid players top dollars and community involvement. All of which blew ASG out of the water. Patience has been his only issue and it seems like he is ready to push more than Schlenk think we need to right now. As a fan, I don’t necessarily disagree with that. It is just a matter of does he really know what it takes at this point. We shall see. I really do think it was Schlenk who pushed for the Huerter trade to balance the books and not Resseler.  But that was only done in response to Nick and Fields and Trae pushing for Murray. We gave up a little too much for Schlenk’s value chart, so he balanced it with the Huerter trade.  We will see at this years trade dead line if that is a true assessment. If Tony doesn’t mind going into the tax, we will beef up the team to compete this year. Oh and we went farther into contention and have been way more exciting to watch than ever before. 
There it is my friend…

• Like 4

It's really desperate thinking to wish for the ASG days.  

Have ya'll looked at the thread when we traded Huerter?  It read like ding dong the witch is dead, get your soft ass out of here.  We got a gritty tough two way player at the 2 now.  A couple people balked at the trade.

We were a low lottery team, missed the bubble, 14th out of 15 in the ECF.  Despite being among the worst teams in the league they traded for Capela and signed Bogi and Gallo.  Spent as much money as he could to accelerate growth.  Now ya'll are screaming like toddlers that he doesn't care about winning and runs things on the cheap.  

I think showing a little bit of patience going into the luxury tax is potentially wise.  He seems really passionate, and if Capela, Bogi, and Hunter would have been more healthy we'd probably be winning at 60% or higher. 

• Like 3