• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Kings

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

I have to say, this was a good win. 

Sabonis was camping all game. 

JC should have had a tech called against Sactown for the blow to the head and somehow, Sactown got two techs called on us.   I was kinda hoping that Nate would get pissed enough to get tossed. 

Dre' Showed up.

After watching him torch us all night and get to the basket at will, DJM put the clamps on Fox when the game mattered.  Yeah, he committed an offensive foul on that bucket but Fox could have been called for blocking and a whole lot of stuff too.

For some reason, Trae toned down his game but he was there when we needed him. 

JC played well underneath... snagging rebounds... and he hit a few threes too.  His form is coming back. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member

I still do not how the refs missed the blatant flagrant 1 or flagrant 2 on Collins. It was so clearly a blatant blow to the head with no attempt at the basketball while he was mid air going for a dunk and...no whistle. Just two techs on the Hawks instead. 

I am so glad we didn't lose this game because of that no call.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I still do not how the refs missed the blatant flagrant 1 or flagrant 2 on Collins. It was so clearly a blatant blow to the head with no attempt at the basketball while he was mid air going for a dunk and...no whistle. Just two techs on the Hawks instead. 

I am so glad we didn't lose this game because of that no call.

I had to sit thru the west coast broadcast and their announcers cried and moaned anytime we got a call…

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

The level of defensive effort by Trae the last few games is elevated and enough for us to start making strides as a team. When Clint is back and we are a full go, I believe we will be a good team. Glad to close out a fourth quarter right. 

SOME of us have been suggesting that Trae has a different energy on defense this year.  Since early in the season...

👀

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I have to say, this was a good win. 

Sabonis was camping all game. 

JC should have had a tech called against Sactown for the blow to the head and somehow, Sactown got two techs called on us.   I was kinda hoping that Nate would get pissed enough to get tossed. 

Dre' Showed up.

After watching him torch us all night and get to the basket at will, DJM put the clamps on Fox when the game mattered.  Yeah, he committed an offensive foul on that bucket but Fox could have been called for blocking and a whole lot of stuff too.

For some reason, Trae toned down his game but he was there when we needed him. 

Trae is actually out there trying on defense. I guess he wants to make the playoffs.

I'm still not happy with this team. It was the exact same thing in the 4th except they happened to get the benefit of two Sabonis missed free throws.

They did move the ball better, but still do much hero ball on offense. Just make the simple pass and reset, but they don't do it.

I'm being a downer.

Hunter played better than I thought he did by watching. He at least got 8 rebounds. I just wish he would pass the ball and not try to score every time he gets the ball at the top of the key.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You had to delete the hate post, didn't you?

Cause I know it was coming.

Overall I thought the team actually looked decent most of the game. 

And props to  Nate this game...for trusting AJ in the 4th & also switching out Bogi for defense with 00..

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

He is actually out there trying in defense. I guess he wants to make the playoffs.

I'm still not happy with this team. It was the exact same thing in the 4th except they happened to get the benefit of two Sabonis missed field goals.

They did move the ball better, but still do much hero ball on offense. Just make the simple pass and reset, but they don't do it.

I'm being a downer.

Hunter played better than I thought he did by watching. He at least got 8 rebounds. I just wish he would pass the ball and not try to score every time he gets the ball at the top of the key.

Down down we go. 

The defense wasn't anything to brag on... no doubt.   But we won...

Hey Shakes??  Who were they missing?

Let me guess...   Chimezie Metu was unavailable because of complications due to gas...

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Trae is actually out there trying on defense. I guess he wants to make the playoffs.

I'm still not happy with this team. It was the exact same thing in the 4th except they happened to get the benefit of two Sabonis missed free throws.

I'm being a downer.

When Nate subbed out AJ and Bogi ar 3:50 for DJ amd OO, the offense ALMOST stalled. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Down down we go. 

The defense wasn't anything to brag on... no doubt.   But we won...

Hey Shakes??  Who were they missing?

Let me guess...   Chimezie Metu was unavailable because of complications due to gas...

Not sure who they were missing but Sabonis did miss those free throws.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Kudos to Hunter. He showed up.

Why cant we get this Dre most nights? He was actually being aggressive..

But hey, it's nice to win a game against a good team while CC is out.

I was starting to doubt that was possible.

We got a lot of people involved and (despite a few shaky moments) pulled it out down the stretch for a change.

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So Nate is playing Trae in 5 minute stretches?  He's trying a new rotation.

Nate on the change up in rotation minutes: wanted guys playing both sides of the ball so changed it up to get some rest. 

32 minutes ago, terrell said:

I havent been hating all night.. Only posted a couple of times.. My mother in law fell broke her femur.. Been dealing with that off and on tonight.. I was here though..Off and on.. No need to post early anymore.. 3rd and 4th qtr only thing that matters with the Hawks.. lol

Sorry about your mother in-law.  Hope she heals up with no complications.

• Like 1