Official Game Thread: Hawks at Kings

lethalweapon3

28 minutes ago, Q45T said:

I had to sit thru the west coast broadcast and their announcers cried and moaned anytime we got a call…

Kings fans are crying on Twitter that DJM pushed off on Fox on that game winning breakaway layup. That was a flop.............

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How do we incorporate this JC when CC returns from injury?
He is averaging 20.2 points, 10.4 rebounds, 1.2 blocks in his last 5 games.
Shooting 56/33/72% with 63.9 TS% and 117.9 Offensive Rating

I mean...I think we know this answer to this question, but it's a hard pill to swallow. I personally just try to forget about it. Wait for something to happen or maybe we go on a run like we did 2 seasons ago. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

Notice what happens when JC's usage goes up and he's involved in the offense. There's a lot more space on the perimeter with pick and roll, allowing our guards to work. The fact it took a Capela injury for Nate to make this change is all the evidence needed to let him walk after this season.

CC clogs the paint on offense...... But he helps us so much defensively.. Rock and a hard place.... lol

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

Notice what happens when JC's usage goes up and he's involved in the offense. There's a lot more space on the perimeter with pick and roll, allowing our guards to work. The fact it took a Capela injury for Nate to make this change is all the evidence needed to let him walk after this season.

So I was looking through some All-Time Hawks leaders after Trae crossed 8,000 points tonight.

Fun fact, JC and Clint have the top 2 FG% seasons in Hawks history

Field Goal Pct
1.    Clint Capela    .608
2.    John Collins    .554
3.    Mike Glenn    .553
4.    Al Horford    .535
5.    Tree Rollins    .529
6.    Dikembe Mutombo*    .529
7.    Cliff Levingston    .528
8.    Josh Childress    .522
9.    Antoine Carr    .516
10.    Walt Bellamy*    .508

2-Pt Field Goal Pct
1.    John Collins    .611
2.    Clint Capela    .608
3.    Dewayne Dedmon    .579
4.    DeMarre Carroll    .557
5.    Mike Glenn    .554
6.    Mike Muscala    .547
7.    Al Horford    .545
8.    Josh Childress    .543
9.    Tim Hardaway Jr.    .537
10.    Cliff Levingston    .530

Thought that was pretty neat and a testament to them playing with an All-Time great passer.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How do we incorporate this JC when CC returns from injury?
He is averaging 20.2 points, 10.4 rebounds, 1.2 blocks in his last 5 games.
Shooting 56/33/72% with 63.9 TS% and 117.9 Offensive Rating
Maybe stagger their minutes with JC/OO and JJ/CC

Trade CC, start OO and let me have control of your avatar. :ph34r:

I mean ummmmmm…. Yeaaaa, stagger.. :huh: 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

CC clogs the paint on offense...... But he helps us so much defensively.. Rock and a hard place.... lol

True, but I was thinking even before tonight, if our defense (and subsequently winning) is so tied to 1 player, it sucks that it's a guy that seems pretty brittle at this stage of his career.

We need a 3rd defensive big man to compensate for Clint's wear and tear.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Thought he would have been higher on the list. Surprised JC is that high, CC not so much all he does is dunk with JC bunnies and treys a bit.

Yeah I just looked in to it and I read these wrong, these are not their Hawk's season high percentages but their Hawk's career avg. FG%.

Your point still remains though!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Lord,

Give us the ability to play well enough in this 4th quarter to get a win tonight.  We need this for our sanity Lord.

In Jesus name I pray

Amen

Prayer GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

The fervent effectual prayer of a righteous man availeth much.  Go Northcyde!!!

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 4

• Premium Member

Good game. We finally found a team that would play as miserable a defense as the Hawks sans Clint. 

It doesn't matter, a win is a win and we needed it badly.

Trae shot less with better efficiency, it's a good thing that JC, 3ogi and Dre were able to score a lot. I'll gladly have more of that, thank you.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

I thought it was a tasteful way to probe to be honest, way better than those ESPN reporters

Yeah, I thought it was actually well done question-wise.  All the questions were the 'right' ones.  It just kinda felt misplaced, for lack of a better word.

Those tend to be lighter interactions, especially after a win.  Ask about the big play he made, congrats on the W, move it back to Bawb.

She did a good job.  I just started to cringe a little by the 3rd probing question.

Don't get me wrong, this sounds like criticism but on a scale of 1-10, I'm at like a 2.  I like lil' Lauren.

• Like 3