• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Kings

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, terrell said:

Overall I thought the team actually looked decent most of the game. 

And props to  Nate this game...for trusting AJ in the 4th & also switching out Bogi for defense with 00..

I am glad he shut down the Kaminski train early.  He was getting torched. John really stepped up defensively. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Wretch said:

I mean...I think we know this answer to this question, but it's a hard pill to swallow. I personally just try to forget about it. Wait for something to happen or maybe we go on a run like we did 2 seasons ago. 

We all know the answer to this question. Its not Capela fault but Murray acquisition made Capela stay in Atlanta end like Westbrook to the Rockets.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

Deke would probably have a higher % in this era.

I don't know. It depends on the PG. If he had Trae, for sure.

43 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Has anybody noticed that Nate has put some more plays inthe offense????

I recognize that we have the double staggered PNR back!!!

It hasn't been hella successful yet but it's good to see it back.  It will work. 

There are a lot more options when you don't have anti floor gravity in the lineup.

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How do we incorporate this JC when CC returns from injury?
He is averaging 20.2 points, 10.4 rebounds, 1.2 blocks in his last 5 games.
Shooting 56/33/72% with 63.9 TS% and 117.9 Offensive Rating

Maybe stagger their minutes with JC/OO and JJ/CC

This is pretty much who/what JC has been since his second season when given the opportunity. That's why I don't like the idea of trading him until we can get a coach and/or the personnel that will allow Collins to be the efficient 20 and 10 guy that he is consistently. I'm not saying force feed him all the time, but he shouldn't be frozen out of the offense or be worried about getting traded every season. You don't throw a 20 and 10 big man that can stretch the floor away.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, MarylandHawk said:

Agree. Did you see the first play of the game was floppy action?  That is the set of plays where the guards get off the ball and run baseline for a ball screen. Trae did that to start the game. My jaw dropped.  Nate also vocally coached throughout the game. Also did you see Nate scream God****** when we lost the lead late in the game. Lol. He is finally realizing we need every bit of his coaching effort if we are going to win night in and night out. The league is too good right now. Healthy stars or good talent on every team this year. 

Yeah... I think that Nate didn't mail it in last night.   He was engaged.    I think about his situation.....

He's possibly a HOF coach.  Played the game at a high level.   

But...  
Over the past weeks... most of the season, he has had to feel undermined.  Undermined by who?

1.  Ownership.     Nate didn't want to trade away Kev.   I honestly think Kev was one of Nate's favs...  And he was traded for pennies on the dollar. 

2.  Trae.  There's a power struggle going on above Nate's head.. and Trae is in the midst of it. 

3.  Landry.   I think Travis was Nate's guy.  I think Travis protected Nate to a degree.  I think Nate knows the game, Landry is going to want his own guys in place and has the green light from Nick. 

We talk about Nate's stubbornness.  I hope he takes the "I'm going to give my best coaching on my way out" approach.   

Keep using offensive plays Nate.   Force them to listen to you.  Everybody's happy when we win.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, hawkman said:

This is pretty much who/what JC has been since his second season when given the opportunity. That's why I don't like the idea of trading him until we can get a coach and/or the personnel that will allow Collins to be the efficient 20 and 10 guy that he is consistently. I'm not saying force feed him all the time, but he shouldn't be frozen out of the offense or be worried about getting traded every season. You don't throw a 20 and 10 big man that can stretch the floor away.

You will come to find, that there are jokers that want to trade big Johnny for the sake of just trading him.   I haven't heard one rumor that moves the needle..  Even the Lauri trade doesn't help us defensively.   Maybe having been forced to play JJ and to an extent AJ may help us rotationally.   But you're right.. a different coach may be able to get Collins on that Allstar floor. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Since CC can't shoot, and he basically has to occupy the lane, JC is forced out to the perimeter where his skills are not best utilized. There's no good answer to this problem.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Huerter fans be like 🤦‍♀️🤣 

B8CE81E0-F149-4B9B-B154-5B94B803CB74.jpeg

Caption contest, you say?  Ok...

Kev: Will you .... marry me?

Lady: Ohmyguudness ..... yes, Kevin.  A thousand times yes!

Big dude: Yall mfkrs act like I'm not sittin' right here.

9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

DM with the beautiful rip. Before that the AND 1! 

Kudos to Hunter he stepped up. JC was a mad. OO battled Sabonis in a fun physical matchup. 

Here is DM with the rip again.

060F7DE7-F488-43EF-8A76-19CE3E6030F2.jpeg

78642C29-6B6B-4CAD-87DD-DF075969A4A5.jpeg

Mary defensively lulled him to sleep and forced him into the perfect move for the strip.  One might say DeAron got ..... outfoxed.

(pause for applause)

I'm here all week but, before I go, be sure to tip the refs.  They woke up after the ridiculous 2 t's.  We got some serious mascara down the stretch (makeup calls).  Mary's drive could've easily been called an offensive foul.  The one lady ref tried giving Trae the call but got overruled via challenge.

Hey, I call them out when they screw us.  Gotta keep that same energy when they reward us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, hawkman said:

There are a lot of us that want to see the offense ran through JC more often. No need to worry though, in about 2 weeks his touches will go down and the trade rumors will unfortunately come back lol.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1