• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Kings

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

@kg01 no shout out for my first take picture 📷 fast 💨 twitch capturing of the steal? I shot the dang thing when DM picked it, albeit the replay but FIRST TAKE! 🙇🏿‍♂️ 

Whoa, whoa, whoa.. explain.  Tell us how the magic happens on these.

When da Vinci invented the internet, don't you think he had to explain it to the cavemen for them to appreciate it?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, warcore said:

All this means nothing. 

Doc Rivers is above him and we all know he's only up there because he puts himself in position to win based on the roster, not his brain. 

Nate is not a good coach. He's just too dumb to know he should have already retired because he can't keep up with the evolution of the game. 

Dang, warc.  Can you please tell us how you really feel about the man? 😄

Also, I love how Motta's name gets auto-cleaned.  Haha, who let's people call them D*ck anyways? 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

lol a win is a win but that 4th quarter was not inspiring at all other than that big steal and bucket

Actually it was.  But we had a 3 minute breakdown in which we went brain dead once again.  But this time, they recovered and went on a run of their own to end the game.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't necessarily want the offense run through him, I just need him to get touches on the inside and mid post particularly when he has a mismatch and definitely when he is hot.  I don't want him camping out at the 3pt line like he's Davis Bertans.

DJ understands:

When I say "run through him" I basically mean just what DJM was saying. Get him in his spot and get the ball to him and see what happens. You'll always need one of the guards to initiate this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

While I am ready for a change from Nate,  I will say that I don't think he is a garbage coach by any means.  He usually gets solid results out of his rosters.  He has his way of doing things and you could do much worse.  Whether his way really fits a team or not, he is going to do his thing regardless so there will be some teams for which it works better than others.  I'd take lots of coaches before him but he is far from the worst Hawks coach.  (Looking at you, Lon Kruger, Bob Weiss,, etc.)

I can agree with this. But I am nowhere near agreeing that he's HOF. 

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa.. explain.  Tell us how the magic happens on these.

When da Vinci invented the internet, don't you think he had to explain it to the cavemen for them to appreciate it?

It’s a synergy I owe to a combination of sports 🏀 🏈 ⚽️ over the years and a heck of a lotta video games 🎮, then there’s the remote clicking throughout the years…

I don’t know .. a synergy with the IPHONE 📱 click to capture steals, blocks, and dunks over the years.

But much like shooting the rock, some days I’m off and I have to rewind it three or four times due to either wanting a perfect angle of it or it came out blurry.

Last night though.. 

image.gif.e6ca1ba08dd8e6a516f95f2461a9d02a.gif

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Interesting look at this play outside of Dejounte's great steal.

Trae was on Keegan and Dre was on Hunter.  But as Huerter was along the baseline, Trae told Hunter to switch onto Keegan.  As Keegan went up top and to the other side, Dre actually started to come with a soft double team on Fox.

Fox sees this, and switches to go back to his right. Dejounte read the motion perfectly and picked him clean.

It was good defensive awareness by Trae, Dre, and Dejounte in that entire sequence.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, willthepureshooter said:

Notice what happens when JC's usage goes up and he's involved in the offense. There's a lot more space on the perimeter with pick and roll, allowing our guards to work. The fact it took a Capela injury for Nate to make this change is all the evidence needed to let him walk after this season.

The trick now is to get JC's usage up, when Capela isn't in the game.  If Nate can get more production out of the Collins - OO frontline, that will help Collins.

We're still not where we need to be defensively without Capela, so he has to play and get his minutes in the middle.  So Nate still has to figure out how Capela and JC can co-exist with each other, and keep JC involved.

JC has to convert his opportunities though.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AHF said:

While I am ready for a change from Nate,  I will say that I don't think he is a garbage coach by any means.  He usually gets solid results out of his rosters.  He has his way of doing things and you could do much worse.  Whether his way really fits a team or not, he is going to do his thing regardless so there will be some teams for which it works better than others.  I'd take lots of coaches before him but he is far from the worst Hawks coach.  (Looking at you, Lon Kruger, Bob Weiss,, etc.)

I was in my early 30's when this man almost made me change teams.. He mightve been more stubborn than Nate... lol........

The Jet's last season, Stephen Jackson chucking up shots,  Sharife always knicked up, Rasheed Wallace trade fiasco, Dan Dikau's supposedly breakout season, Dion Glover as a fan favorite,  etc..... The good old days......😀

usa-today-8872447.0.thumb.jpg.d8bcdf4133fa43a3ad09fd4d89291faa.jpg

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, AHF said:

I would go so far to say over his career, he's been an excellent RS coach. His regression in the playoffs is highly noticeable. 

11 hours ago, terrell said:

I was in my early 30's when this man almost made me change teams.. He mightve been more stubborn than Nate... lol........

The Jet's last season, Stephen Jackson chucking up shots,  Sharife always knicked up, Rasheed Wallace trade fiasco, Dan Dikau's supposedly breakout season, Dion Glover as a fan favorite,  etc..... The good old days......😀

usa-today-8872447.0.thumb.jpg.d8bcdf4133fa43a3ad09fd4d89291faa.jpg

I had season tickets that year. He was a massive upgrade over Lon Kruger. His issue was personnel and fit based and he couldn't control that, that's on the GM. Coaching wise, he was solid. I would go so far to say he showed flashes of excellence at times. He just wasn't the most creative but he could coach.

Edited by NBASupes