• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Suns

lethalweapon3

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

Something I thought was interesting about last night's game was it felt like from the start of the game PHX just kinda...gave up. CP3 looked done out there, like retirement level done. Their defense was simply terrible as a team. I know we got hot and stayed hot but they weren't even running out to contest shots. 

I know PHX is not a regular opponent for us but I can't even remember a Suns team just quitting like that. I know Booker and some other guys are out for them but there's no way if you watch this game from the tip off to the end that you can tell me PHX was really giving a lot of effort as a team out there.

PHX been on a call with Toronto. There is a number of moves they are looking at.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

we're 5-4 since the real season began.  Which is kind of exactly how we were in the fake season. 

I don't consider it "fake," as-in "fake Hawks" when you actually had NON Hawks putting on Hawks unis for a few nights, and, s'helpme starting games... just consider it extended preseason.

But to each his own... you're certainly entitled to your own pledge. Mine expired after the last MIL game.

2023-02-02_12-39-17.png

3 hours ago, sturt said:

In Nate's defense... he seems to not get hardly any around here, so why not, I'm a contrarian...

You let the kid play around the arc, once his midrange % shows it makes sense. And just as a general conventional wisdom thing, you generally want your best rebounder on the floor to not be lurking around the arc as a matter of routine, but only given some specific conditions.

(Last night offered up "some specific conditions," obviously.)

Where is any of that wrong?

I'm not talking about hanging around the 3 pt line like all game like he's Gallo...... lol..

I just feel like we just don't use him on offense in the way that best suits his skills. We ask him, basically, to be Clint. But he's not Clint, he's far more diverse offensively. He can pass! Just feels a bit like the Trae on/off thing, where we usually ask the team to play exactly the same, which naturally has bad consequences when Trae is off because no one else works like that.

When OO and JJ are on the court, we shouldn't try to use them just like CC and JC.  That's all IM saying..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Nawl.   This is the turning point.

That was the most encouraging performance  the Hawks have put up this season.

The better-focused offense was there, and the defensive activity, which had faltered of late, showed back up.

Even Trae was flying around, navigating screens and anticipating and denying first reads.

Phoenix played like absolute dogshit which is why we were able to run it up past 40, but the signs were positive nonetheless.

If they want any shot of clearing the play-in, this needs to be the effort they give every night.

We'll see...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

That was the most encouraging performance  the Hawks have put up this season.

The better-focused offense was there, and the defensive activity, which had faltered of late, showed back up.

Even Trae was flying around, navigating screens and anticipating and denying first reads.

Phoenix played like absolute dogshit which why we were able to run it up past 40, but the signs were positive nonetheless.

If they want any shot of clearing the play-in, this needs to be the effort they give every night.

We'll see...

If you weren't so negative about everything, you would have noticed a change in the way we play 10 games ago.   Instead, you look at games SEEKING THE BAD....  That's why you miss the GOOD.   Look at the stat post above about our offense over the Last 11 games.  Welcome...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

If you weren't so negative about everything, you would have noticed a change in the way we play 10 games ago.   Instead, you look at games SEEKING THE BAD....  That's why you miss the GOOD.   Look at the stat post above about our offense over the Last 11 games.  Welcome...

download.jpg.8d7b0f86f14df2081abc318b2bc31c42.jpg 

Like I said we'll see.

You ALWAYS miss the BAD..Or make up excuses for it.....

Thats why I dont take you seriously...

Edited by terrell

1 hour ago, Dnice said:

is this what they mean by being mid?

Lol 

A2C374C7-3B8C-4011-AD68-4AA4D253EF96.thumb.jpeg.78dad8c9213e5e3ad99b76ea5ab31bc9.jpeg
No density, no trichomes, nothing.  Their recent play (6-4) has been quite encouraging though.  I wished they saved some of those threes they rained on Phoenix for this upcoming B2B.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

It takes a lot of discernment to know which games are the real ones. 

Does it tho?

Ya know, I've said from the start that everyone is free to use their own discernment as to how many games it should take a team to build its chemistry sufficiently enough to accommodate a brand new member on the first unit, and practically an entire second unit.

And thus.

How many games it should take a team to be in a place where one can feel some confidence in their analysis of the likelihood of that rotation having eventual success.

I mean, look, if you're going to analyze a rotation every single game without regard to any of that, then the natural likely consequence of that is you're going to be crying for trades after every single game.

There must be some forethought, some maturity, some attempt at balance from where I sit. Maybe not from where others sit, but I think most of us get it... but also think that media chatter can prompt us to put aside our better, smarter attitude b/c we know that they don't write articles or do radio talk shows that way... and so, that tends to affect our patience.

Where, after all, is any of that wrong? I don't think it is.

And, moreover, I don't recall anyone taking issue with any of that.

They've mainly just wanted to take shots at how I... one guy... have discerned that for me... never mind, I've not taken shots at anyone for whatever number they, after thinking about it, have settled on. I've only taken shots to the degree that certain individuals have just blown off the idea, preferring to mimic their click-bait and ratings-driven media friends, and just being reactive.

It's bothered people to see someone try to take a thoughtful approach, or so I'm left to think. The reactive approach is so much more socially-acceptable and harmonious among sports fans, I suppose... you come here to b!tch and complain, and you want to feel you're among friends, I suppose.

So, we're even. The reactive approach bothers me.

As much as I enjoy participating in the community, it's never been about camaraderie ahead of reasonable discussion, never about relationships ahead of rationale.

I had my number. Anyone else was welcome to whatever different number they wanted to embrace. My thing was, just have some number that has some rationale behind it. That's using the good brain the good Lord gave ya. My momma raised me to never apologize for asking that of people. Momma was right.