• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Suns

lethalweapon3

4 hours ago, AHF said:

Box score watching i

Go back and watch the game AHF! It’s worth it. We Hawks fans LIVE for games like this! 

1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

image.png.a4d011229011d4c7d92baf0818f916b7.png

With the blow out we are a .500 record with a perfect 0.0 scoring point differential.  @Spud2nique where's the Seinfeld Even Steven gif?  

image.gif.4883960e00d92ac70edadbdac491ef66.gif

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

That camera man is gonna get a stern talking to! :huh: 

“BUT YOU SAID THE LIGHTER BLACK DUDE”- camera man :er: 

NOT THAT ONE! -ESPN producer

That actually happens fairly often too.  Like a camera man clearly doesn't know who players are.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, AHF said:

Alright Hawks.  I see you.  

Did we actually do something different defensively or did the Suns just not have their normal touch on their perimeter shots?  Box score watching it looks like just nobody could hit it tonight for them.

My theory... two things can be true at the same time. How many unforced errors did they have? Seemed like a lot.

And them not having their first option scorer is a lot like us w/o Trae.

Add it all up, and it's a blow-out.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

Great game. I tried to stay up and watch it all but succumbed to the Sand Man. Lol. 

Please, please, please let this be an indication of our turn around in team 3 point shooting. 

So I’m watching the game with my dog and all of a sudden! LIGHTS OUT! In the entire neighborhood. Pitch black. Somewhere in the 2nd quarter. Somehow I light a couple candles 🕯️ find my way to bed and watched it there.

What a game! Probably my fav of the season so far. We didn’t do much wrong in this one.

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, Spud2nique said:

So I’m watching the game with my dog and all of a sudden! LIGHTS OUT! In the entire neighborhood. Pitch black. Somewhere in the 2nd quarter. Somehow I light a couple candles 🕯️ find my way to bed and watched it there.

What a game! Probably my fav of the season so far. We didn’t do much wrong in this one.

The suns should have tried that in the arena.  Only way for them to keep us from scoring.  

• Haha 2

Just now, macdaddy said:

The suns should have tried that in the arena.  Only way for them to keep us from scoring.  

Ya some type of stoppage for them. It was like Tyson going off on that McNeilie guy like 25 years ago. Either that or get one of the oldies at the State Farm to operate the game clocks… :laugh1: that would stop it for sure.

• Haha 2

I was sniffing around the Suns board and a guy asked what the Suns fans thought of Ayton.

Let me say this, if any Hawks fan is frustrated with JC or CC, you might not like Ayton on our team.

I'm usually hard on JC especially (a lot of that is fit with Capela) but I will say this, He always hustles and works. Ayton seems to be the opposite according to people who watch him every night......... 

With that said,  He was/is unhappy with his usage / not being featured in their offense.

And he did not want to stay in PHO, when they matched the IND(?) offer.

That's a doubly disgruntled player.....lol......  

I also found this tweet interesting after the game..

I wonder what they were talking about???

Trade incoming?

Ayton sure is in a good mood after getting blowed out....lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, terrell said:

I was sniffing around the Suns board and a guy asked what the Suns fans thought of Ayton.

Let me say this, if any Hawks fan is frustrated with JC or CC, you might not like Ayton on our team.

I'm usually hard on JC especially (a lot of that is fit with Capela) but I will say this, He always hustles and works. Ayton seems to be the opposite according to people who watch him every night......... 

With that said,  He was/is unhappy with his usage / not being featured in their offense.

And he did not want to stay in PHO, when they matched the IND(?) offer.

That's a doubly disgruntled player.....lol......  

I also found this tweet interesting after the game..

I wonder what they were talking about???

Trade incoming?

Ayton sure is in a good mood after getting blowed out....lol

I get that Ayton has been less than mature the last year or so but it's hard not to look at his offensive skillset and not be excited.  On the offensive side he's a taller Capela with a jump shot and good hands and years younger.   Now defensively that's a whole different story......

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@JayBirdHawk you shoulda seen my dog and I sitting in the pitch black. I bet he was thinkin… uhhhh daddy (not you mac) what’s goin on now? :er:

• Haha 2

Nate on OO hitting a 3..

"I haven't seen him take a three in a long time. I haven't seen him make a three in a long time. We had a lead. He was out there. We allowed him to take that shot tonight. He made that shot."

Allowed? Come on Nate, let the kid play rather than putting him in a Capela box. smdh

19 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Something I thought was interesting about last night's game was it felt like from the start of the game PHX just kinda...gave up. CP3 looked done out there, like retirement level done. Their defense was simply terrible as a team. I know we got hot and stayed hot but they weren't even running out to contest shots. 

I know PHX is not a regular opponent for us but I can't even remember a Suns team just quitting like that. I know Booker and some other guys are out for them but there's no way if you watch this game from the tip off to the end that you can tell me PHX was really giving a lot of effort as a team out there.

They are currently 8th in the west and have lingering issues like we do. We have games like that too this year. The question is.. who will fix it first and does it take a trade.

Ironically enough, our lingering issue is "John Collins on the Block" and theirs is "Ayton's Attitude"

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member
56 minutes ago, terrell said:

Come on Nate, let the kid play

In Nate's defense... he seems to not get hardly any around here, so why not, I'm a contrarian...

You let the kid play around the arc, once his midrange % shows it makes sense. And just as a general conventional wisdom thing, you generally want your best rebounder on the floor to not be lurking around the arc as a matter of routine, but only given some specific conditions.

(Last night offered up "some specific conditions," obviously.)

Where is any of that wrong?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

Great game. I tried to stay up and watch it all but succumbed to the Sand Man. Lol. 

Please, please, please let this be an indication of our turn around in team 3 point shooting. 

They've been shooting it much better over the past month. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Now that we are Even Stephen.  We got to close out the year at least with a 20-10 record.  Let's get the 5th or 6th seed.  After this road trip we are mostly home games and no more west coast games.  

We have not been as good at home as I expected, only 13-11

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We have not been as good at home as I expected, only 13-11

True, but I like our chances better at home than on the road.  Plus, we'll be past the trade deadline and have less distractions.  Bottom line is we'll have a better chance to close out strong.  The opportunity is there.  

• Premium Member

We're 2-2 at home since CC got back, aka, when the real season began. 😉

Troubling thing is, one of those losses was to CHO, and should have been a win, no question.

These next two games feel so pivotal to me. Feel like if we lose either one (and yes, losing both wouldn't surprise anyone, of course), there's a major deal coming. And really, it would take winning in NOLA Tuesday night... so, effectively 10-4... to completely rule it out. I do look for every effort to be made on some minor non-rotation deal regardless... effort, yes, success, unlikely.

• Like 1