• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Knicks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

35 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Any last words then?  'Cause you know it's happening.

#WeGonMissYouBurd

😁

Since SlInky's  still under contract, let him be the interim coach for the rest of the season.  He couldn't be worse than any of our current assistant coaches.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

We coulda had Luka, Huerter, and Brunson. Damn! 

True.  That’s a damn shame.  The one I’ll always lament is Haliburton though.  Aside from his offensive explosion he’s third in the league in defensive plays per foul between freaking Jimmy Butler and Delon SMGDH!!!!!  Something I didn't even see coming and I was enamored with his draft profile.  He’s slick nullified my fandom of OO thinking of what could’ve been.

Schlenk is a Christian boy from Kansas so he’s probably not hitting the hard liquor right now.  I’m sure he dusting off cases of Busch tho.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If Nate is back after the break...I will need to take a break.

I'm on the fire Nate bandwagon, but this ain't all on him. Dudes that got paid need to show up consistently. Everyone keeps talking about the bench and how it's terrible(it is), but what's really holding this team back is Trae, Murray, Dre, and Collins don't consistently show up. If those four guys played solid consistently, we'd be better than we are....

42 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

True.  That’s a damn shame.  The one I’ll always lament is Haliburton though.  Aside from his offensive explosion he’s third in the league in defensive plays per foul between freaking Jimmy Butler and Delon SMGDH!!!!!  Something I didn't even see coming and I was enamored with his draft profile.  He’s slick nullified my fandom of OO thinking of what could’ve been.

Schlenk is a Christian boy from Kansas so he’s probably not hitting the hard liquor right now.  I’m sure he dusting off cases of Busch tho.

Haliburton was smart for not wanting to come here to play in this Traecentric offense..

Edited by terrell

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

I'm on the fire Nate bandwagon, but this ain't all on him. Dudes that got paid need to show up consistently. Everyone keeps talking about the bench and how it's terrible(it is), but what's really holding this team back is Trae, Murray, Dre, and Collins don't consistently show up. If those four guys played solid consistently, we'd be better than we are....

And CC, OO, Bogi, JJ and even AJ are all inconsistent.  It looks like we can probably add Bey to that list too.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It's no agenda tonight.  People can say what they want, after a loss like tonight.

It is what it is.

Even though the Hawks have been playing like trash, Trae still wanted to wear his “king of New York” shoes to prove what???

He has fashioned his career on that playoff series against the Knicks and wanted to remind everybody of that. Ok great we beat the Knicks in a playoff series that the experts predicted we would lose. Time to move on and quit bringing that shit up.

Even if the Hawks were leading the East by double digits, I still think that is very immature and childish on his part. Burn those stupid shoes, grow a pair, and play ball. The fact is, he and DJM are two of the most immature players on this team(see Houston game)…. Other teams are clowning them and the Hawks. A new coach can’t fix that BS.

Rant over.. lol

Edited by terrell

5 hours ago, terrell said:

Even though the Hawks have been playing like trash, Trae still wanted to wear his “king of New York” shoes to prove what???

He has fashioned his career on that playoff series against the Knicks and wanted to remind everybody of that. Ok great we beat the Knicks in a playoff series that the experts predicted we would lose. Time to move on and quit bringing that shit up.

Even if the Hawks were leading the East by double digits, I still think that is very immature and childish on his part. Burn those stupid shoes, grow a pair, and play ball. The fact is, he and DJM are two of the most immature players on this team(see Houston game)…. Other teams are clowning them and the Hawks. A new coach can’t fix that BS.

Rant over.. lol

While I don't find this to be a big deal, when you add it to all of the other bullshit, it just continues to build a case against Trae as the franchise player. I like that Trae sees himself as the villian and the fan favorite but I would like for him to play more like a winner. 

7 hours ago, terrell said:

Haliburton was smart for not wanting to come here to play in this Traecentric offense..

Hawks fans don't seem to get that Nate's offense was a high post PnR offense with Sabonis, the movement high screen and roll in Seattle and Portland which we see in PHX right now but the Hawks run an extremely heliocentric offense. Mmh, I wonder why?

I remember LP had a far more modern offense than Nate or Bud and we lost, A LOT!

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

While I agree with the fire Nate group that a change is needed. I am convinced he will do better than anyone else can with this core in the RS. Anyone we bring in will want major changes to the roster and depending on how the teams around the league feel about our pieces, it might not be feasible. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

1st option KAT

Never. Nope. Never ever. KAT is a lazy comfortable cat that coasts and is just happy being a player with a “losing” tag on him. He comes to Atlanta and it’s over, he is literally gonna be our bum a$$ street cat till his contract is up.

Lazy coaster of a player.