• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Knicks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

6 hours ago, Sothron said:

We need a big wing like Hunter on this team.

The biggest issue with Hunter, is that he's not a great athlete, despite his size.  So while he has value, his value tends to be more mid-level than above average.

I've said for years that Hunter plays more like a 2, than a 3.  He's done a lot better recently with his offense and attacking the basket.  But overall, he lacks the athleticism that could really take him to the next level.  The lack of athleticism prevents him from being a better rebounder and getting more deflections and steals.  His only shot at dramatic improvement is to become a great shooting wing.

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Really?

as opposed to Embiid or AD yeah.   I mean Embiid is better by a mile but there's something i don't like about him.   AD is on the slow decline.  I don't want to watch that.

At the end of the day i'm ok with Embiid too.   

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
On 2/16/2023 at 8:07 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This really pisses me off.  Because these stats do not surprise me at all.  Nate strikes me as the type of coach that remembers the worst thing you did in a game, and uses that to punish you . . even if you did a lot of good the rest of the game.

I knew as soon as we got Bey, that one of the kids would have their minutes cut.  Even in the Charlotte game, JJ didn't get the start, despite Collins being out.  It just proves that Nate and his staff could give a damn about advanced stats.

Screenshot_20230218_090754_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Screenshot_20230218_090754_Samsung Internet.jpg

Not to talk bad about Nate but this probably could be said about the current Hawk team.  Where are the assistant coaches on this?  Are they all "yes men?"  His attitude seems to be, "My way or the bench.  No exceptions."  Nine man rotation.  No more.  No less.  What are these Hawks being taught and who is doing the teaching?  I know not.  Do you?

🧑‍🔧