Official Game Thread: Knicks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

8 hours ago, benhillboy said:

He dribble like a Seattle pimp with a cigarette in his mouth who used to hoop at juco.

I D’d up one of those, he smelled like tequila too but that didn’t stop by post D. I was getting a$$ed in the crotch but took it like a man. :huh:

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

While I agree with the fire Nate group that a change is needed. I am convinced he will do better than anyone else can with this core in the RS. Anyone we bring in will want major changes to the roster and depending on how the teams around the league feel about our pieces, it might not be feasible. 

Nope not true. Another coach can step right in and do a fabulous job. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with changes to the roster abut more effort in playing for a certain coach. 

Nate has been given the most talent he’s ever had coaching anywhere in his life. It’s on Nate, he’s done ✔️. He’s checked out and just picking up random wins here and there to pad his coaching wins.

I’ll say it again..

NOT THE ROSTER

IT’S THE COACH

💯 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Nate took our collective a$$es hostage this year. 

I thought I hated Bob Weiss..

I thought I hated Lon Kruger.

This is the least any Hawks coach has done with the most talent given to him. 

YOU HAVE A FREAKIN ALL STAR BACKCOURT, you can’t be a game under .500 after 57 games.

Just can’t.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Never. Nope. Never ever. KAT is a lazy comfortable cat that coasts and is just happy being a player with a “losing” tag on him. He comes to Atlanta and it’s over, he is literally gonna be our bum a$$ street cat till his contract is up.

Lazy coaster of a player.

KAT might be the Trae savior. We need someone who's a legit #1 option that don't take away possession from Trae, plays the 5 and can shoot for spacing reasons. Those are very hard to find. Obviously, the ideal fit around Trae is Embiid. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hawks fans don't seem to get that Nate's offense was a high post PnR offense with Sabonis, the movement high screen and roll in Seattle and Portland which we see in PHX right now but the Hawks run an extremely heliocentric offense. Mmh, I wonder why?

I remember LP had a far more modern offense than Nate or Bud and we lost, A LOT!

We had younger and worse players back then too.

Once again though, when Trae goes out of a game, how much does the offense change?  And Trae gets people wide open shots with his passing.

This offense was #2 in the league when we had adequate shooting around Trae.  Now that shooting has fallen off, along with Trae's shooting.

• Like 2

In the last couple of games we, the Hawk fans here on the Squawk, have had to come to believe, "We are not a very good NBA team."  Back to back terrible games will do this to you.  

What has happened to our defense?  What has happened to our offense?  Why can't this group of players play as a team?  Our defense is unable to stop any NBA team from scoring.  This Hawk group of players can't shoot straight.  Whatever ails these Hawks has been magnified in our last two games before the all star break.

What can the Hawks do now?  Nothing.  We are past help.  What you see is what you get.  There is no help for this group of players.  They no longer qualify as a team.  A team works well together for the benefit of all.  Nate seems to have lost control.  It's too late now to believe anyone can step in and change things a lot.

What is the solution?  I don't know.  I do know that whatever we have right now is not working.  Somehow we Squawkers were upset because we had no player considered good enough to be on the all star team.  Watching our last two games we would be shocked if any Hawk did make it.

Forget this season.  It's all over.  If we were to luck up and make the play-in division, expect to be eliminated quickly.  What should we do?  Begin right now to plan for next season.  Try to lay a proper foundation.  Without a proper foundation the building will not stand the ravages of time.  This season proves this.

:rtfm:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

YOU HAVE A FREAKIN ALL STAR BACKCOURT, you can’t be a game under .500 after 57 games.

Just can’t.

Someone (Diesel perhaps), tell me how I'm supposed to feel considering the same issues rear their ugly head time and time again.  Lethargic and archaic and stoic...OK, awful basketball does not spark enthusiasm with me.  Am I supposed to be happy with a play-in game, first round exit....just getting to the playoffs? I'm freaking not, nor will I ever be. Should I bank on the offseason for the umpteenth hundred time?  We get a big FA right? Always good to dream I guess.

IMHO, the coach or players have to go.  No way the players go, so coach it is.  Don't sell me on the Nate is doing ok crap.  Ain't happening and I ain't buying. I'm not even getting to the FO bs, but what the hell can I surmise that gives me confidence that this team will be a juggernaut before Armageddon? 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We had younger and worse players back then too.

Once again though, when Trae goes out of a game, how much does the offense change?  And Trae gets people wide open shots with his passing.

This offense was #2 in the league when we had adequate shooting around Trae.  Now that shooting has fallen off, along with Trae's shooting.

Shooting fell off but spacing and quality possession for Trae has which I predicted with the trade of Murray but here is the kicker. Quality possession would have dropped with Mitchell, LeVine, etc as Trae needs to dominate quality possessions. Not split it with another guard or wing. We were just stupid in the trade for Murray thinking we need another ball handler when we never did. We just needed a damn big who can draw coverage off of Trae so Trae can relentless attack. Now, everytime Trae attacks, it's f***ing cramped in the paint. JC is really feeling it the most. No shock, his best offensive games are at the 5 and with OO just running around and setting screens. 

Trae wanted JC to get paid and demanded we resign him when he should have let him walk or sign elsewhere and match the contract. 

Trae wanted Murray as much as Murray wanted to live and play in Atlanta. 

We made one massive blunder with JC and a potential harmful trade for Murray but we don't know that yet till we see what the Hawks do in the offseason. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Just can’t.

A. The team don't fit

B. The NBA is far more talented right now than any previous era.

C. The team don't fit

For all of the Nate needs to go now crew, which team has fired Nate and improved from that decision. If anything, it led to teams making massive personnel moves like Seattle and Indiana 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Did you read this?????

Thank you for laying out the case, AGAIN (I posted this in another thread months ago from Amicks article) for Nate's problems in Indy that sound eerily familiar to what is happening with the Hawks RIGHT NOW.

“Brogdon, league sources with direct knowledge of the situation tell IndyStar, was the most outspoken and unhappy player among a core group of four with an isolation-heavy offense that couldn’t win a game in a 4 vs. 5 matchup for the second year in a row,” J.Michael of the Indianapolis Star reports.

The next most important topic to discuss when it comes to McMillan's tenure is his offensive coaching. To say his offenses at Indiana were archaic is a bit of an understatement. Last season the Pacers ranked 29th and 30th in the league in three pointers made per game and three pointers taken per game. They ranked 30th in both free throws made and free throws attempted. They were 23rd in points per game and 19th in offensive efficiency. And these stats were not due to lack of shooters, they ranked 14th in three point percentage and 12th in free throw percentage. Not elite numbers, but also good enough that you'd think the quantity could and should be raised. Reports such as below came out around McMillan's firing:

According to Sam Amick of The Athletic, McMillan was "known to be resistant to some of the offensive philosophies that have become a major part of today's game,"

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Did you read this?????

Thank you for laying out the case, AGAIN (I posted this in another thread months ago from Amicks article) for Nate's problems in Indy that sound eerily familiar to what is happening with the Hawks RIGHT NOW.

“Brogdon, league sources with direct knowledge of the situation tell IndyStar, was the most outspoken and unhappy player among a core group of four with an isolation-heavy offense that couldn’t win a game in a 4 vs. 5 matchup for the second year in a row,” J.Michael of the Indianapolis Star reports.

The next most important topic to discuss when it comes to McMillan's tenure is his offensive coaching. To say his offenses at Indiana were archaic is a bit of an understatement. Last season the Pacers ranked 29th and 30th in the league in three pointers made per game and three pointers taken per game. They ranked 30th in both free throws made and free throws attempted. They were 23rd in points per game and 19th in offensive efficiency. And these stats were not due to lack of shooters, they ranked 14th in three point percentage and 12th in free throw percentage. Not elite numbers, but also good enough that you'd think the quantity could and should be raised. Reports such as below came out around McMillan's firing:

According to Sam Amick of The Athletic, McMillan was "known to be resistant to some of the offensive philosophies that have become a major part of today's game,"

I did. I also mentioned I am one who agrees that Nate needs to be replaced. I just don't agree that a replacement makes us better. Our issues are personnel based and while Nate isn't the problem, he's not the solution 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Nope not true. Another coach can step right in and do a fabulous job. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with changes to the roster abut more effort in playing for a certain coach. 

Nate has been given the most talent he’s ever had coaching anywhere in his life. It’s on Nate, he’s done ✔️. He’s checked out and just picking up random wins here and there to pad his coaching wins.

I’ll say it again..

NOT THE ROSTER

IT’S THE COACH

💯 

If you ever look up the stages of denial in the dictionary there's a pic of Spud next to each one.   

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

. I just don't agree that a replacement makes us better. Our issues are personnel based and while Nate isn't the problem,

:er: Do you realize that you take both stands at the trial. Prosecution and defense :sarcastic:

Its hard to debate when you say it all. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

While I agree with the fire Nate group that a change is needed. I am convinced he will do better than anyone else can with this core in the RS. Anyone we bring in will want major changes to the roster and depending on how the teams around the league feel about our pieces, it might not be feasible. 

The problem with "major changes" is who wants to give up alot of capital for any of our players? I cant see it..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I did. I also mentioned I am one who agrees that Nate needs to be replaced. I just don't agree that a replacement makes us better. Our issues are personnel based and while Nate isn't the problem, he's not the solution 

We don't know who will replace Nate. We know that changes to the personnel is coming.

• Premium Member

I told y'all this team should be tanking back in November and y'all said I was crazy.  Yea, crazy like a fox.

Only chance this team has of getting good is to get a real #1 star who can take control of the team and put Trae in his rightful place as a Robin.   This team isn't gonna get better jus by changing out the role players.  And the only chance this team has of getting a #1 is in the draft and they already screwed that up this year by accepting their position as a treadmill team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Never. Nope. Never ever. KAT is a lazy comfortable cat that coasts and is just happy being a player with a “losing” tag on him. He comes to Atlanta and it’s over, he is literally gonna be our bum a$$ street cat till his contract is up.

Lazy coaster of a player.

He'll fit right in then..

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

In the last couple of games we, the Hawk fans here on the Squawk, have had to come to believe, "We are not a very good NBA team."  Back to back terrible games will do this to you.  

What has happened to our defense?  What has happened to our offense?  Why can't this group of players play as a team?  Our defense is unable to stop any NBA team from scoring.  This Hawk group of players can't shoot straight.  Whatever ails these Hawks has been magnified in our last two games before the all star break.

What can the Hawks do now?  Nothing.  We are past help.  What you see is what you get.  There is no help for this group of players.  They no longer qualify as a team.  A team works well together for the benefit of all.  Nate seems to have lost control.  It's too late now to believe anyone can step in and change things a lot.

What is the solution?  I don't know.  I do know that whatever we have right now is not working.  Somehow we Squawkers were upset because we had no player considered good enough to be on the all star team.  Watching our last two games we would be shocked if any Hawk did make it.

Forget this season.  It's all over.  If we were to luck up and make the play-in division, expect to be eliminated quickly.  What should we do?  Begin right now to plan for next season.  Try to lay a proper foundation.  Without a proper foundation the building will not stand the ravages of time.  This season proves this.

:rtfm:

Finally a voice of reason.. lol

• Thanks 1